Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    As so many new users are firing up their new Touchpads, the very first thing you should do is update to 3.0.2

Under the settings tab >System Updates
    -make sure you have a good WiFi connection

-Welcome to the webOS community and enjoy!
    Last edited by Bodob; 08/21/2011 at 01:12 PM.
    65fastback, mrjspeed and kjb86 like this.
    Follow Bodob's advice. Updating to 3.0.2 will make things easier and more enjoyable!
    kjb86 likes this.
    the 3.0.2 update process can be painful from 3.0, and glitchy sometimes. Better to download the doctor and update that way. Will probably be faster:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    the 3.0.2 update process can be painful from 3.0, and glitchy sometimes. Better to download the doctor and update that way. Will probably be faster:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar
    For new owners who have never used the webOS doctor before, it might be a little daunting. Try the system update first, if you have any problems, you can always try the doctor later.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    For new owners who have never used the webOS doctor before, it might be a little daunting. Try the system update first, if you have any problems, you can always try the doctor later.
    true. I guess I should have said if the update fails, keep trying it. My friends TP took a while and a few reboots to get it to update. This was on the $200 staples weekend and I imagine similar issues might happen now as well.
    bevcraw likes this.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Could you give me a quick rundown on how to apply the 3.0.2 update? The over the air update is not working (high demand I imagine)...

thanks
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I too have not been able to get the 302 update to download. I can only imagine there is a lot of traffic.
    Update: It took almost an hour, multiple attempts to download/unpack, but it always picked up where it left off. Installing now.
    Last edited by TimBoch; 08/21/2011 at 03:54 PM.
    When I try the system update I keep getting the cannot connect error after it said an update is available.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by StompIt View Post
    Hi,
    Could you give me a quick rundown on how to apply the 3.0.2 update? The over the air update is not working (high demand I imagine)...

thanks
    Follow instructions in this link. (Make sure you select your device "Touchpad")
    http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/hp...berinitial.htm

-When you webOS Doctor, it is a re-install of the latest version of webOS. So technically it's not an update, but you get the same end result.

Also, some webOS Doctor FAQ's http://http://www.hpwebos.com/us/support/downloads/pre/recoverytool/webosdoctor_faq_carrier_en.html
    Last edited by Bodob; 08/21/2011 at 03:05 PM.
    i'm going from a highly patched pre minus to a few touchpads, wanting one on full Linux. Thanks for the info.

There are also the instructions how to disable the logging to speed up the pad.

Hopefully HP starts optimizing the software. What are they to do with all that extra time they gained? *rolls eyes*
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I can't get the update to work OTA, and every time I try to update through WebOS Doctor is just hangs at the "battery charging" screen (even though I'm at 100%) and then tells me it is unable to restart my device.

Looks like the TouchPad is completely worthless - no wonder it failed.

WebOS QuickInstall doesn't work
    Can't delete Facebook albums
    and you can't even update it manually!
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    I can't get the update to work OTA, and every time I try to update through WebOS Doctor is just hangs at the "battery charging" screen (even though I'm at 100%) and then tells me it is unable to restart my device.

I'm sure someone here would buy it as is. It's fixable.
    Bodob likes this.

on the touch pad there is always a way to do things. here is how you delete those pesky albums. if you still cant figure it out it is not the touchpads fault.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3081749

other have also had the unable to restart device error, you might need to reinstall navaterm drivers and restart manually and try again.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I don't know what just happened. But after uninstalling and reinstalling novacom/restarting my pc and touchpad at least 15 times it just works.

I have no idea how it happened. I didn't do anything different.

It is updating right now and I might as well just wipe it completely rather than try to delete 50 facebook albums using the command line.
    I don't know what just happened. But after uninstalling and reinstalling novacom/restarting my pc and touchpad at least 15 times it just works.

I have no idea how it happened. I didn't do anything different.

It is updating right now and I might as well just wipe it completely rather than try to delete 50 facebook albums using the command line.
    Glad to see your issue has been resolved!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi all. Just got my TouchPad today with the Firesale. I have experience in Android and old WinMo. First let me say I'm already pretty impressed with WebOS, and I haven't done anything but turn it on, and begin the update to 3.0.2.

My question is this, is there a progress bad during the update process? It looks like maybe one down at the bottom, but it hasn't done anything for 10 minutes. How do I know if it's frozen or actually updating? It did go through the download and validation process, but might be hung on actual installation. Thanks and I look forward to working with many of you!

**edit/update Ok apparently it hung on the install start. I messed around by pulling down on left bar, pulled up what i think you guys call the "cards" view. Closed the install message by swiping up and off the screen, then went back to update, and it asked me to install. Installing now.
    Last edited by JirafaBo; 08/21/2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    my update downloaded in about 2 minutes and installed just fine yesterday around 4 pm. I didn't have any problems at all, which surprised me because I thought the servers would be crippled after the fire sale and everybody had time to get their new TPs home and unpack them.
  18.    #18  
    If I remember correctly, when it is installing, it should show only the HP logo in the center of the screen and it has a progress bar that will circle the logo.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodob View Post
    If I remember correctly, when it is installing, it should show only the HP logo in the center of the screen and it has a progress bar that will circle the logo.
    Yes thank you for the reply. I am now in that screen. For some reason, it never gave me the option to "install now." Like it did when I went back into the system update app the second time.
    To have WebDoctor to install the new version of WebOS to my device, do the TouchPad have to be in USB Drive mode?

I'm stuck on the connect device screen and the next button is grayed out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast