Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    1. Are there additional "themes" you can download for the home screen? If so, where can you get them?

2. Any way to import my IE 9 favorites from my laptop to the TouchPad?

3. Will Flash support (with updates) continue for the TouchPad or will Adobe stop updating it? This, in my opinion, would be a catastrophe and worries me just a bit. Any info on that?

4. How do you update things like Java, Flash, etc.?

5. Your favorite games or apps?

6. Anyway to get Netflix on it?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Anybody?

Also, any way to make Google Mail update faster, so that it alerts me as soon as mail comes in?
    themes come from preware, but aren't worth the hassle. The bookmark capture may be possible from an app in the catalog (not sure of name).

it's easier to just copy your bookmarks into the body of an email, and the tap to open/save them.
    and in the mail app 'preferences' you need to change it to 'as items arrive' for instant delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblank View Post
    Anybody?

Also, any way to make Google Mail update faster, so that it alerts me as soon as mail comes in?
    It's slow around here on Sundays.

Themes are available on homebrew, but I agree with cantaffordit... not worth it. I just put a nice wallpaper up and I'm content.

To this point all flash / java updates have been incorporated through System Updates. I don't think anyone knows how that will play out in the future.

No Netflix because no Silverlight.

Best games: Robotek HD, Solitaire, Bubble Bird, Shrek Kart, Big Boss... I'm not a huge gamer, so I don't really know what else is out there. The first three are free and the last two are paid.

Best apps really depends on what you want to do: BHomePro (DLNA streaming from my NAS), Amazon Kindle (e-books), Advanced Browser (auto-logins and tabbed web browsing), MyQ for Netflix (queue manager), Mood of Beskydy Mountain (awesome random pictures some guy took in Eastern Europe), Weather Dashboard (weather notifications), Sports Live! (sports notifications), Stopwatch and Timer (for stopwatching and timing)... really the list goes on and on. Also the internet in general is a killer app and the Touchpad browses the hell out of the internet... especially with Flash enabled.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Obviously thank you VERY much for the help and if someone else can chime in, that would be great also. I love the product and think HP has made a big mistake, BUT, this mistake enabled me to get a tablet that I love very much and to join this community.

Thanks and look forward to participating here.