webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Help! New touchpad won't turn on!
Help! New touchpad won't turn on!
  Reply
Like Tree5Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08/21/2011, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 16
Just got 2 touchpads and one won't turn on. The white light was blinking, but the screen is black. Any ideas?


Thank you
Jenmom2grls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 781
Does charging it show the charging icon on the screen?
__________________
Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
mosdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Bodgingbrom's Avatar
 
Posts: 149
If the white light is flashing, hold down the power and push the home button 10 times.

I think that was it..
Bodgingbrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: PDAJAH
Old 08/21/2011, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 49
I purchased the Touchpad at Staples like three weeks ago; loved it but returned it when found out it was discontinued, but prior to the announcements of price match.

I purchased two new touchpads from best buy a few days ago, they wouldn't price match until today.

So today, I opened up the 32 gig and started charging it. It's been like two hours charging and I still can't turn it on. I don't remember my first one taking this long to charge.

Should I just keep waiting or do I have a problem?

Thanks in advance!
william munny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 16
We had to be more patient. We left it plugged in for about 20 minutes and now there is a battery icon on the front. It still isn't turning on, but I think it will!

Thanks for the help!
Jenmom2grls is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by richardtank likes this.
Old 08/21/2011, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 65
I am sure you have tried this, but have you held down the power button for about 5 seconds?
WaleE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaleE View Post
I am sure you have tried this, but have you held down the power button for about 5 seconds?
Thanks for the reply. I have tried that. Plus the circular charger is not hot at all which leads me to believe that maybe be the problem.
william munny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmom2grls View Post
Just got 2 touchpads and one won't turn on. The white light was blinking, but the screen is black. Any ideas?


Thank you
Hold power and home button for 10-15 secs and it will reset. Then perform the 3.0.2 update.
Bodob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
kkhanmd's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,069
did you get it to work? if TP has no juice at all, and you connect to outlet, the LED will show flowing white color, after it has little charge, a screen will pop up with battery charge sign, after that it takes another 20 minutes for TP to have charged enough to boot up. rememeber it doesnt charge from PC
__________________
If this helped you hit thanks.
kkhanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
joos519's Avatar
 
Posts: 81
Mine, which I got yesterday, just showed the hp logo, but when I tried turning it on by holding down the power button, it didn't turn on, instead it turned it off and the hp logo went away. So I disconnected it, plugged it in again and held the power button for more than 10 seconds and it finally turned on. I haven't a problem since turning it on. Good luck.
joos519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmom2grls View Post
We had to be more patient. We left it plugged in for about 20 minutes and now there is a battery icon on the front. It still isn't turning on, but I think it will!

Thanks for the help!
that means the power was completely dead.

you need at least 10% to power on the device. Allow the device to sit with the battery icon now that its up and it will automatically boot up.
kjb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Jenmom2grls
Old 08/21/2011, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 49
It is still not working. It is plugged into an outlet that I know works.

How can I tell if the cord unit is working? Are those little circle things on the USB cord supposed to light up if it's charging? Mine are completely blank and the circular charging thing that the usb plus into is not warm at all.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks!
william munny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
geekpeter's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,611
some1 will have done somethign that required a diskcheck ro something, id read a post stating that if its part way hrough that and some1 turns it off again it takes longer next time, and longer.

If its blinking then you just have to wait it out till its finished doing self checks.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
bevcraw's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,535
<<threads merged>>
__________________
Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
bevcraw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 49
I called Tech Support and it's working now.

For anyone else that had this problem, I had to hold down the power button and the center button for 15 seconds. Then it started again and let me register, etc.

I hope this thread helps anyone else in the same situation.

Thanks for all your help guys.
william munny is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by robiwon and lmartinez7641 like this.
Old 08/21/2011, 06:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
that means the power was completely dead.

you need at least 10% to power on the device. Allow the device to sit with the battery icon now that its up and it will automatically boot up.
Thank you, it works now!
Jenmom2grls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2011, 05:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 13
also, on some of the touchpads, the charging port is a little glitchy and you have to wiggle the cable until it finally makes a good connection.
benny92lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by johnjaycee likes this.
Old 11/02/2011, 11:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by william munny View Post
I called Tech Support and it's working now.

For anyone else that had this problem, I had to hold down the power button and the center button for 15 seconds. Then it started again and let me register, etc.

I hope this thread helps anyone else in the same situation.

Thanks for all your help guys.
That was the secret sauce, thanks!!
robiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Yes I Did likes this.
Thanked By: Yes I Did
Old 12/20/2011, 02:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
I had this happen after upgrading to 3.0.4... It went to restart and the light went out and nothing. Holding power and center for 15 secs. was the answer.
DGymnast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2011, 03:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by william munny View Post
It is still not working. It is plugged into an outlet that I know works.

How can I tell if the cord unit is working? Are those little circle things on the USB cord supposed to light up if it's charging? Mine are completely blank and the circular charging thing that the usb plus into is not warm at all.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks!
William, did you ever resolve your issue? The fact that the adapter was never hot sounds like it was never charging to begin with. Sometimes the circular thing is loose which prevents it From charging, make sure the tip where the prongs are is twisted all the way to lock position
godzillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0