1.    #1  
    I do mac address filtering on my home network. How do I find the mac address on the Touchpad so that I can connect it to my home network?
    go to settings tab then device information then click more information you will see the MAC address in there. I have mac filtering as well. I had to turn it off to set up the TP then turned it back on once I had the MAC address.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    go to settings tab then device information then click more information you will see the MAC address in there. I have mac filtering as well. I had to turn it off to set up the TP then turned it back on once I had the MAC address.
    I could not get pass the setup without setting up wifi connection. What I had to do is disable mac filtering and set up the device. Than I got the mac address from settings and added it to my filter list. Than I enabled mac filtering on my network.

By the way, this is my first post using the Touchpad. So far this is a nice device. I'm really loving the touch keyboard with the dedicated number line.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    I could not get pass the setup without setting up wifi connection. What I had to do is disable mac filtering and set up the device. Than I got the mac address from settings and added it to my filter list. Than I enabled mac filtering on my network.

By the way, this is my first post using the Touchpad. So far this is a nice device. I'm really loving the touch keyboard with the dedicated number line.
    Do you mean you had to turn the router/network off, then obtain the MAC address from the Touch Pad, then turn the router/network back on and add the TP MAC Address to the MAC Address List in the router?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Depending on your router's capabilities, it should log the MAC address of unauthorized devices. So rather than disabling/re-enabling MAC filtering, you could instead let the Touchpad try to connect, fail, check the router, get the MAC from the log, add the MAC to the filter, and then continue on with the Touchpad successfully connecting.

I don't use MAC filtering, but I do use MAC to setup "static" IPs through DHCP (a known MAC address will always get the same IP on my network, an unknown MAC will get a random IP) and I often do setup this way since many devices like to hide their MAC address in unexpected places. No need to figure out what levels of system menus I need to dig through when I can just look at my router and see, "Oh, there's the Touchpad. Got it."