Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    I've been everywhere in chicagoland and on the internet.. touchpads are all out of stock. Gone forever. I'm very sad, I actually wanted one of these even before they went on sale, but they were just too expensive to consider. At the new prices, there is no reason not to get them anymore. Well, other than the reason of them all being out of stock everywhere.

    I have to admit, it's a bit difficult to not get upset when reading posts from people bragging about how they managed to get 3 or 4 touchpads, when I've been searching for hours and hours and haven't been able to get a single one. I even stood in a long line at best buy early this morning, waiting for them to open so I could be told that they sold them all last night.. I didn't know about the sale until after 10, when everyone was already closed. What are people going to do with 3 or 4 touchpads, anyway? Just wondering. I'm guessing most people are planning on selling the extras for a profit? Anyone feel like selling one not for a profit?? (ha ha.. I'm guessing not likely, but it's worth asking anyway).
    Xethur and nyrath like this.
  2. #2  
    If I were you Id keep an eye on newegg it still shows in stock at the full price will probably go down in the next few days.

    Also its worth a shot signing up for the notification at HP.com

    edit: tigerdirect now shows instore only
  3. #3  
    Have not got a confirmation email yet. Showed shipping date of August 23.

    Good luck!

    russ
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    I've been everywhere in chicagoland and on the internet.. touchpads are all out of stock. Gone forever. I'm very sad, I actually wanted one of these even before they went on sale, but they were just too expensive to consider. At the new prices, there is no reason not to get them anymore. Well, other than the reason of them all being out of stock everywhere.

    I have to admit, it's a bit difficult to not get upset when reading posts from people bragging about how they managed to get 3 or 4 touchpads, when I've been searching for hours and hours and haven't been able to get a single one. I even stood in a long line at best buy early this morning, waiting for them to open so I could be told that they sold them all last night.. I didn't know about the sale until after 10, when everyone was already closed. What are people going to do with 3 or 4 touchpads, anyway? Just wondering. I'm guessing most people are planning on selling the extras for a profit? Anyone feel like selling one not for a profit?? (ha ha.. I'm guessing not likely, but it's worth asking anyway).
    My sentiments exactly. I'm still hunting for one, I returned my original full-price Touchpad yesterday and have been unable to score a replacement and I don't expect I'll get to... :-( I'm going to miss having a Touchpad. Oh well I'm about to head out to my local best buy for one last college try (I'm out here on the west coast, they're about to open).
  5. #5  
    1. sign up for HP.com notification
    http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/webo...d-availability
    2. sign up for a Newegg.com account and find the touchpad models here:
    Newegg.com - Tablets,touchpad
    then click on each item, click on Price Alert, put in $150 for the 32 and $100 for the 16. If Newegg changes price you will be notified automatically
    3. Contantly check precentral for more updates.

    I'm hoping HP gets some stock monday and we hear about it quick.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the tip about the price alert on newegg. I just did that too. I also added the tablet to my cart at the full price, just in case that reserves one somehow when it does go down in price. And, just to cover all my bases, I also emailed them and asked if they're planning on lowering the price. They probably are getting tons of emails like that, so I'm not expecting any response.

    I am also going to keep trying on hp small business website.. they still show the 32gb as being in stock for 149.00. I can't get it to go through, though.. website just keeps giving errors. I'm on 3 different browsers trying to get through, but so far no luck. I assume it's because there are so many other people also trying to order them right now. I also expect that if one of these orders actually does go through, the order will be canceled in a day or two anyway. I'm still going to keep trying though.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    What are people going to do with 3 or 4 touchpads, anyway? Just wondering. I'm guessing most people are planning on selling the extras for a profit?
    I bought one for myself, posted on Facebook, then had people calling me looking for help to get one for themselves. I wound up buying 4, but really I was just tasked with my family and friends to find them each one. 3 of the 4 (me included) had/have the Palm Pre and really like the OS, the other just wanted a cheap tablet. I've heard of people trying to profit off the Touchpad but after the craze dies down, I doubt there will be much of a markup.
  8. #8  
    Got a second one at Radioshack yesterday. Paid full price, but they said they will price match or issue a full refund if the price drops in the next 30 days.

    If no price drop there I'll just return it.
  9. #9  
    16GB HP TouchPad 9.7" WiFi Tablet $126 - Slickdeals.net

    Here is the slick deals wiki if you havent come across it yet.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
    Got a second one at Radioshack yesterday. Paid full price, but they said they will price match or issue a full refund if the price drops in the next 30 days.

    If no price drop there I'll just return it.
    Price dropped to $99/$149 today instore at RadioShack.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    Price dropped to $99/$149 today instore at RadioShack.

    Thanks, I will give them a call. My store is always lagging so hopefully they're good to go.
  12. Kujila's Avatar
    Posts
    400 Posts
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    #12  
    ITT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  13. Kujila's Avatar
    Posts
    400 Posts
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    #13  
    and to the people buying multiple touchpads, I will hunt you down, and chop you into tiny pieces
  14.    #14  
    None of the radio shacks in my area carried the HP touchpad to begin with. I called a few anyway, and as expected they do not have any.

    I seemed to get an order through on hp.com, even showed up in the order status.. then suddenly, my order status showed no orders. I didn't ever get a confirmation email, so I'm not going to get a cancellation email either I'm sure.
  15. jsabo's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    #15  
    Hey, let's not hate too much on the multi-purchasers here-- I'm getting one for work, one for home, and one as a backup, since I'm doubtful that I'm going to see WebOS on a tablet again after this month...
  16.    #16  
    I'm not hating the multi purchasers, I'm just upset that I can't get one.
    Messerschmitts likes this.
  17. #17  
    it's ok to buy more than one (for others) but to turn around and sell for a profit is what makes people crazy. Especially for long time webos users that cannot get one.
  18. #18  
    i got one ordered at Sam's club they took my money but haven't sent my comfirmation email...so i emailed them today and requested a comfirmation...you have my doe so you better make good....or i will Kujila for a favor
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by katnou View Post
    it's ok to buy more than one (for others) but to turn around and sell for a profit is what makes people crazy. Especially for long time webos users that cannot get one.
    Im sorry but this is a lame argument you had nearly 2 months to get it when NOBODY wanted one.
  20. Kujila's Avatar
    Posts
    400 Posts
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    #20  
    Heh, well I am contemplating the 32 GB since it's still on sale (??) on the HP Small Business site. I made an ad on craigslist too for a 16GB so I might just stick it out until the prices devalue on ebay.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions