Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #21  
    I finally got HP's website to the screen where they ask you to log in, only to find out that somehow I'd managed to add SEVEN touchpads to my cart (even though a second earlier it had shown none). So, the one time I got the page to load, I had to go back to modify my cart.. which caused the page to stop loading again. Sigh.

(EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, I only actually want ONE touchpad.. no idea how 7 managed to get into the cart, other than it being wrong all the other times it told me my cart was empty.)
    I too just signed up for Newegg's price alert. Good call I think. Chances are low but might as well cover the bases.
    Just confirmed radioshack dropped their in store price, going to get my refund. Unfortunately they are also out of stock now.....
  4.    #24  
    Weird.. now the order that I thought I'd placed earlier, but which was then missing from my order status .. has suddenly reappeared. I still didn't get a confirmation email, though. I really don't expect it to go through. Even people who got confirmation emails are getting order cancellation emails, so my hopes are very low. I'm going to keep trying to get one through other means.. if I end up with more than one, I'll sell the extra one AT COST to someone else.
    I made it through and ordered 2 32GBs. It took a bunch of tried on the HP SBG site.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    joos519 likes this.
  7.    #27  
    Looks like there's a 3rd party seller selling through amazon now.. 32gbs for 150 plus shipping:

Amazon.com: HP FB356UT Smart Buy Touch Pad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 32GB: Electronics

Unfortunately, they do charge tax in Illinois.. don't know if they charge tax anywhere else.
    C-Note likes this.
  8.    #29  
    Ok, now I'm driving myself crazy. I can't decide if I really need the 32gb model or not. I ordered the 16gb immediately upon realizing that they had it in stock for 99.99. After shipping and tax, comes to 116.11. Ok, great.. YAY, ordered a touchpad!! Hopefully the order isn't canceled.

Then, the 32gbs came back (it was out of stock when I ordered the 16gb). I WANT to order the 32gb also.. but what would I really need an extra 16gbs of memory for? I have a PC that I store all my files on. Will I really ever need more than 16gbs on a tablet?? I don't know, am I being insane for even wondering? Of course more memory is better, I know that.. but the 32gb would be 170 and some cents after shipping and tax, and for some reason that just seems like too much for an impulse buy. The 16gbs wasn't going to be an impulse buy, I knew I wanted one of those for 100 dollars. I was trying for a 32 on HP's website only because the 16s weren't available. I was all ready to spend 170 dollars on HP's website though.. so why am I now hesitating with this amazon seller?? I DON'T KNOW.

I think I'm losing my mind!!!

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Bought a 32GB unit off of amazon for $149 + $5.77 shipping... no tax...
    Amazon.com: HP FB356UT Smart Buy Touch Pad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 32GB: Electronics

Still in stock Via Amazon. Bought 2 32GB and a 16GB. Touchpads are gonna make some great gifts for the holidays.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Ok, now I'm driving myself crazy. I can't decide if I really need the 32gb model or not. I ordered the 16gb immediately upon realizing that they had it in stock for 99.99. After shipping and tax, comes to 116.11. Ok, great.. YAY, ordered a touchpad!! Hopefully the order isn't canceled.

Then, the 32gbs came back (it was out of stock when I ordered the 16gb). I WANT to order the 32gb also.. but what would I really need an extra 16gbs of memory for? I have a PC that I store all my files on. Will I really ever need more than 16gbs on a tablet?? I don't know, am I being insane for even wondering? Of course more memory is better, I know that.. but the 32gb would be 170 and some cents after shipping and tax, and for some reason that just seems like too much for an impulse buy. The 16gbs wasn't going to be an impulse buy, I knew I wanted one of those for 100 dollars. I was trying for a 32 on HP's website only because the 16s weren't available. I was all ready to spend 170 dollars on HP's website though.. so why am I now hesitating with this amazon seller?? I DON'T KNOW.

I think I'm losing my mind!!!

dude same thing! I seriously went back and forth like 5 times!! I think I will get the 32gb as they will have a higher resale value. I will sell my Ipad 1 right now (64gb wifi I bought for 399.00 on clearence from Verizon) and get my money back. I will use this until the Ipad 3 comes out and be done with it all!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I just ordered one of each, both went through, thanks to those who posted these! Ive been fractically searching for the past couple days with no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Looks like there's a 3rd party seller selling through amazon now.. 32gbs for 150 plus shipping:

Unfortunately, they do charge tax in Illinois.. don't know if they charge tax anywhere else.
    Used your link and got one. Thanks.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Wanted to get one for my sister... but they are all gone. (boo hoo)
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Here you go. Just got 2 for me. Still had like 7000 in stock.

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetai...TABA/11394713/
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    HP is going to get more stock sometime this week so be on edge and alert, I will wait but hopefully that's tomorrow. I got the order confirmation email and now I shall just wait until they send me the Shipping confirmation email. The website is really buggy.
    Just picked up 2 32's from costcentral...hoping their stock number was correct. It said they had over 10k as of 9:01pm EDT. Getting through was tricky, I had to go through the process twice, but I do have an order confirmation.
  18.    #39  
    Barnes and Noble has some 16gbs for 101.95 as of 8:30 this morning (central time) (UPDATE, already sold out as I was writing this). I just ordered another in case both of my previous orders are canceled (came to $114.15 after shipping and tax).

My HP order keeps disappearing from the system, then later reappearing with the same status (processing). No email confirmation, but there is a pending charge on my credit card. I'm still expecting this one to get canceled any minute now..

Then there's the one from that 3rd party seller on amazon, but it kept going in and out of stock before I ordered it so I don't know if I'll get that one either.

I figured barnes and noble was safe, since I can just bring it to a store to return it if there isn't anyone here who still needs one at cost. Won't get shipping back, but I've come to terms with that.

I was just about to post the link for bn.com, but now it's showing out of stock.
  19.    #40  
    Barnes and Noble already canceled my order. Well.. actually no, they didn't cancel my order, or tell me anything at all directly, but online status says "unable to process your order" .. of course, they were able to charge my credit card just fine. Sigh.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12