Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Just received a refund of $456.88 For my launch day touchpad!
    Samesies.
    Sprint Love
    cash or store credit?
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    so do you have to return the device to get this?
    I just got back with my $460 refund. I also used my $10 reward zone certificate that I got from buying the TP.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    so do you have to return the device to get this?
    Nope. Just have them do a price match. I was in and out in 10 minutes.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    No, kept the touchpad and received the differece between launch day and the $150. I already had a price adjustment for the first time they lowered the price..
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    cash or store credit?
    Bought my touchpad using a debit card and they credited my card.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Nope. Just have them do a price match. I was in and out in 10 minutes.
    ^^^This...
    Did you just bring your receipt, or did you bring the TP box as well? I read somewhere that they needed to scan the UPC on the box. Don't want to get jumped if I get seen carrying an empty box in the parking lot.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    Did you just bring your receipt, or did you bring the TP box as well? I read somewhere that they needed to scan the UPC on the box. Don't want to get jumped if I get seen carrying an empty box in the parking lot.
    Just brought my receipt...
    Straight from Best Buy's 32GB product page...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Tou...=2842092&st=hp touchpad&cp=1&lp=2

HP TOUCHPAD CLEARANCE AND RETURN POLICY

Due to HP's decision to discontinue its TouchPad product, Best Buy® will now provide clearance pricing for all TouchPad 16GB and 32GB models (SKUs 2842056, 2842092) regardless of previously advertised prices or promotions.

Best Buy will not accept customer returns or exchanges on clearance-priced TouchPads bought through any Best Buy channel.

Customers purchasing a TouchPad at clearance pricing will have a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, fulfilled directly through HP, not Best Buy.

Customers who purchased the 16GB or 32GB TouchPad after June 19 may come into the store to get either a full refund or a refund of the difference between the price they paid and the clearance price.

Quantities are strictly limited. Limit 1 per customer. Best Buy cannot guarantee availability of inventory at this pricing at any particular Best Buy location or channel.
    Last edited by rayray333; 08/21/2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Adding source
    Funny how each day goes by that Best Buy reverses their policy on Touchpads. I bet tomorrow they'll be giving out iPads to people who bought TP's over the weekend, preferably I'd be more than willing to get a Thrive to play with.
    Best Buy eventually did the right thing; but drove me nuts. Just last night at around 9 p.m. EST they were telling me they would never ever price match as HP demanded that Best Buy send the units back.

Then today, they are price matching. I went into my local LI store and was done one two three. They really made me work for it, but in the end it worked out. I was there this morning at 10:30 and the whole time people were trickling in looking to pick up these devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Just did the same thing! I had trouble yesterday trying to give it back and get a full refund. Today I got to keep my Touchpad and I got back $481.
    Bring a print out of the precentral article. Also the webosroundup article of Bestbuy extending the price match to 60 days. I just got back from the Bronx Terminal location and the cashier give me a little attitude about price matching. I ask to speak to a manger, and explain what I read. He asked to see it, than got on the phone to headquarters. I had my price match 5 min later. Bestbuy just got a customer for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Just did the same thing! I had trouble yesterday trying to give it back and get a full refund. Today I got to keep my Touchpad and I got back $481.
    I just got back from getting my price match as well. I did get some flack from one person behind the counter but the supervisor came over and showed me the Corporate letter they all received telling them they have to either price match or give full refund. So anyone having problems, keep at it because they have to honor this.

I feel vindicated now after buying launch day and paying full price. Now I am glad I can let the dust settle and enjoy my Touchpad!b
    Woo! I knew they'd cave! Thank you so much for this post, headed over to BB now! Just paid my rent for he month!
    I just came from our best buy here at Miami beach around 11am, opening. They were still not honoring it. I guess I will return later
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I'm on hold with Best Buy right now -- estimated hold time is 35 minutes!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast