Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I had a grand old time after being the first in line at my Best Buy. I already knew that they had no more TP's for sale, so I stood around while 30 or 40 other people slyly or blatantly cut in line ahead of me. When the doors opened there was a rush to the back, where the HP stand had been dismantled by the crew overnight. There was a pile of screen covers for sale and nothing else. I sauntered over to the customer service desk and asked for my price match. When told that I couldn't get it, I calmly asked for a manager who confirmed that it was indeed available for their first ever TP customer! I'm still the proud owner of the best tablet per dollar ever sold. At $99, if it suddenly stops working, I figure I've already got my money's worth. Someday my original Palm Pilot (500k!) and original TP will be worth more than my working Babbage model.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    @ JohnJ

Look a few posts earlier in this thread. There is a link to the Best Buy website showing the policy that honors the price match. Go back and ask to speak to a manager...
    it's also on the BB website. Just have them open http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at250800050019 from any browser in the store.

<thread merged>
    Thankfully I had no trouble getting my price match. I am happy about that, but still feel a little empty. My BB returned all of their Touchpads instead of selling them for the close-out price.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I can confirm this. I also received my money back. A 150 dollar touchpad is such a steal, but I'll take it!
    I got in line an hour before BB opened this morning and there were already about 25 people ahead of me. About 10 til a couple associates came out and handed out vouchers and I was able to get $450.00 cash back for a price match on my 32gb and a 16gb for the wife.
    She teaches kindergarten and will use it in her classroom.
    Went to Best Buy this morning to get the price match. Seems that this particular manager didn't know about the memo that was put out concerning the new price match policy. Luckily, the Best Buy website had the pricing change, but she still had some issues. The system wouldn't allow her to make the adjustment.

So, she asked me if I minded getting my money back in a gift card which didn't bother me since I buy stuff all the time from Best Buy. She processed a refund onto the gift card for $499.99, and then I rebought the TP at the $149.99 price. Now, I have a BB gift card with $350.00 dollars...
    Just got back from getting almost $500 back on my card. So freaking happy that I don't have to deal with best Buy again for a very long time
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    Luckily, the Best Buy website had the pricing change, but she still had some issues. The system wouldn't allow her to make the adjustment.
    I encountered some glitches by phone, too. The associate took all my information, then put me on hold for 15 minutes while he tracked down how to arrange the refund.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I got my refund this morning. The manager didn't know how to refund just the difference, so they gave me a full refund (with just the receipt) and then charged me the $150 ($169 with tax and a $6 recycling fee).
    So, I got the TP on my BB card w/ 0% interest for 18 months. Rather than giving me a credit, they're actually sending me a check. I'm stunned. $430 cash (I had already gotten one $20 price match), interest free for 16 more months. And yes, it's in writing.
    Well, I had an interesting experience calling best buy (bought the TP online)... lady wasn't aware of the TP price match policy and insisted on arguing with me on the fact they had only a 14 day return policy on tablets. Finally, she called for a supervisor and returned apologizing for not knowing the new policy on the TP.

Anyways, she said that since I bought it online and it was a 400 dollar credit return that had to be processed, she had to escalate to their credit department. Anyone else have a good or bad experience calling best buy because you bought it online and not through the store?

-Grand
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    It is amazing to think about. Bought for $600, given a $50 rebate (are those still being processed?), $50 in apps, and now going to Best Buy tomorrow to try for another $450. That's a 32GB $50 tablet? Even without the rebate that is $100. Mind boggling.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Aside from the sadness of hearing more comments of "I hear there is an Android distro out for the Touchpad already, that is why I am getting it" from all the kiddies in line, I can happily report that Best Buy also price adjusted my original purchase down to the $149.99.

When I responded to one of them with "But the OS was never the problem..." I was met with his blank stare (from him and about 20 others behind him)...
    Does anyone know if one can get the 'price match' refund at any Best Buy outlet, or does it have to be at the store where the original purchase was made.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Does anyone know if one can get the 'price match' refund at any Best Buy outlet, or does it have to be at the store where the original purchase was made.
    I went to a different store. Had some issues but not due to going to a different one. My story is in an earlier post.
    I hope my store honors the price difference policy on Sunday 8/28 since I won't be back until then.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    I hope my store honors the price difference policy on Sunday 8/28 since I won't be back until then.
    From the Best Buy website:

Customers who purchased the 16GB or 32GB TouchPad after June 19 may come into the store to get either a full refund or a refund of the difference between the price they paid and the clearance price.

You should be good!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Did mine just now without too much trouble. They were more than willing to do it, but weren't sure how.
    After some consideration and calls to somewhere they ended up counting my TP as a return and crediting my account with the original price, and then charging me for a new one at $149. So the net was the credit.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    had a similar experience as lougw but they figured out how to do the price match, and I'm happy about that. even the salesperson said, wow that's great. now I cant wait to get rid of my pre minus with the money I just got back.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast