Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any luck dealing with Walmart with regards to the touchpad? I have talked to multiple stores around me and none of them have had any insight at all on the situation. I bought a launch day unit for the full 600, and I definitely want at least a price match. If anyone had any information on Walmart, post it here.

EDIT: Now that we are having success, I will be organizing all of the price match receipts people post for proof for those who haven't had success so far.

Best Buy Policy

Sanglant's Price Match

Crosega's Price Match

BrewCity's Price Match

DarkEye's Price Match

Ibiza1010's Price Match
    Last edited by crosega; 09/09/2011 at 11:24 PM.
    Called my local store yesterday and they recited their standard return/price match policy. Called their customer support twice yesterday and they took my receipt and phone number and said they would call back. The second time I called they said they were getting tons of similar calls either about buying one or about refunding the difference. I'll try again today. Sure hope they do the right thing and match the fire sale price.
  3.    #3  
    Definitely, the early adopters shouldn't be punished. Do post again if you hear anything new, I'm eager for information at this point.
    I went out on Saturday morning at 1am (as soon as I read the big news of it potentially going to have a massive price drop) and purchased two 16gb models. They were a little confused why I was doing this at 1am, but it's Walmart, so I'm sure they've seen weirder things. Anyway, bought them both at $398 and went back in the morning around 8am because I had to be somewhere at 9 and wanted to get it taken care of. To make a long story short, they adjusted the price and credited me some $600
    Yeah, that probably worked since you're inside their standard 7-day price guarantee. I'm not as I purchased early last month. I called again just now and they verified the information I gave them yesterday and said it might be a few days before I hear anything.
  6.    #6  
    I'm glad that they adjusted it for you, but what about those of us who were early adopters and bought them outside of the standard two week return window? They don't seem to be quite as accommodating.
    I bought mine on the 11th and went in today and got the refund for the difference on my card.
  8.    #8  
    Bump, especially looking for early adopters from walmart here.
    Quote Originally Posted by foolioh4x View Post
    I went out on Saturday morning at 1am (as soon as I read the big news of it potentially going to have a massive price drop) and purchased two 16gb models. They were a little confused why I was doing this at 1am, but it's Walmart, so I'm sure they've seen weirder things. Anyway, bought them both at $398 and went back in the morning around 8am because I had to be somewhere at 9 and wanted to get it taken care of. To make a long story short, they adjusted the price and credited me some $600
    I did the same thing except at 6am. Went online to walmart.com and found that only one of my local walmarts had them. Showed up and the employee didnt want to sell me one, I said Im buying it for full price lol. My other friend went a hour later and there were 3 guys lined up waiting for the Store Manager to come in. He bought the last two and the paid full price for, sucks to be them.
    Walmart didn't honor the 32gb price drop in Vegas.
    ordered my 32GB tablet bundel from Walmart on 7-28, on the first price drop Walmart did a price match for the drop. When the bottom fell out on pricing took to a local Walmart in Allen, TX. They wouldn't do anything about the new pricing saying that I'd have to return it through the mail to Walmart.com. (Hate this store anyway, and it's brand new.) So I took it to the Store in Plano, TX and they were more than happy to do the price match and credited my card close to $350.
    I'm in the same boat. bought it on launch day. i sent a long email to corporate about it hoping someone would get me my money... I'm going to be so upset if walmart doesnt offer the credit while bestbuy does...

I'll post anything i hear from my email.

P.S. i also have a manager a the store i bought it at with my phone number going to call me if he hears anything. I'll call back on Tuesday if i don't hear anything from him tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. bought it on launch day. i sent a long email to corporate about it hoping someone would get me my money... I'm going to be so upset if walmart doesnt offer the credit while bestbuy does...

I'll post anything i hear from my email.

P.S. i also have a manager a the store i bought it at with my phone number going to call me if he hears anything. I'll call back on Tuesday if i don't hear anything from him tomorrow.
    I also purchased on second day of launch at Walmart. I called Saturday and the store I purchased from would not give me the price difference. Wrote their corporate. Also wrote and called HP. Please keep us informed. I have my receipt but it is partially faded. But you can see the total price I paid. Thanks for this thread.
    Launch Day Walmart 32 GB buyer here, and I'm hoping that HP will convince them to honor this as well. Walmart will look bad if they don't and everyone else is, so I'm cautiously optimistic about my chances.
  15.    #15  
    I have a call slated with a supervisor at one of the hp customer supports at 3 and one with the highest level manager at my local walmart at 2:30, will post again after those.
    Im not having any luck. I called HP and they said its walmart ...walmart woudl not do anything. I am a long time palm supporter, kicking myself right now.
    I just got them to take 200 off...I am still not happy at all. No reason to purchase at walmart anymore. I figured it was better than nothing
    Called Walmart corporate again to ask about the status of my ticket opened on Saturday. Said it was still "under review" and that I would hear back from them within "5 business days". Seriously? It takes that long for someone to make a decision? At this point I'd be happy if they matched the price or allowed me to return it altogether.
  19.    #19  
    Just heard back from the guy at walmart, he said that the return was out of the question due to their limited amount of days for coverage, and that he wouldn't price match because they no longer carry the product and it isn't maintained by hp anymore. I'm definitely going to keep calling back looking for updates, and gave him my number. Still haven't heard from hp.
  20.    #20  
    UPDATE: I talked to the supervisor of the corporate level of webos support. He said that a major issue with the process is that there is no method in place for HP to credit buyers from Walmart. He is going to talk to the liaison responsible for contact with Walmart, and attempt to get something in place. He has my contact information, so I'm hoping that this one doesn't slip through as well.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast