Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    Do you have the link for the rebate? I want to try this weekend.
    Here is the Blog link at Webosroundup.com

I got a call at 7PM last night that the local Walmart had gotten a message from Corportate that referenced my comment that included my email to Corporate that I sent on 8/21. I don't remember what I said and don't recall where I found the comment page.

The night manager denied knowing about my afternoon visit where they called corporate. The night manager avoided talking with me in person and just had the Customer Service people process the price adjustment.

I'm grateful that I got my price adjustment. I think HP has failed to do their part in compensating their retailers for the price adjustment. I think WalMart could have responded in a better manner than putting it on the stores and then approving those denied by the stores on a case by case basis. In the end, it is what it is. Consumer beware and even then the consumer can be presented with the short end of the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Here is the Blog link at Webosroundup.com

I got a call at 7PM last night that the local Walmart had gotten a message from Corportate that referenced my comment that included my email to Corporate that I sent on 8/21. I don't remember what I said and don't recall where I found the comment page.

The night manager denied knowing about my afternoon visit where they called corporate. The night manager avoided talking with me in person and just had the Customer Service people process the price adjustment.

I'm grateful that I got my price adjustment. I think HP has failed to do their part in compensating their retailers for the price adjustment. I think WalMart could have responded in a better manner than putting it on the stores and then approving those denied by the stores on a case by case basis. In the end, it is what it is. Consumer beware and even then the consumer can be presented with the short end of the deal.
    Glad to hear you got yours. I will have to go into the store this weekend and try. I called Corporate already and I'll be armed with the Best Buy refund policy at least. We'll see what happens.
    Just got mine from Walmart in Tucson,AZ. It's is definately case by case. I called corporate and got the run around. They took my number and promised a call back. No call Back, I called back today to a different number and spoke with someone else and told them about not being called back. They then wanted to tell me that they had not decided to price match "as of yet". I asked when? Got no response from the young lady I was speaking to. I told them that i was going to go to the news station with it. Two hours later i got a call back saying take it back to the store for a price match. I have the second number that i called on my desk at work. It's not an 800 number. Will post tomorrow as I have to finalize something at work tomorrow.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Sanglant likes this.
    PS..... They have to know about it because they have TP's marked down to 99/149.
    Although the accessories are still regular priced. I am willing to create a PDF of my original and return reciept if anyone thinks that they need ammo. Purchased on 07/01/11 @ 12:01
    Brew - thanks for the updates. I am just south of Tucson. Bought my launch touchpad at the store in Sahuarita. I will call again tomorrow. So far no luck for me there. I have my receipt - albeit a bit faded but you can see the price and I believe the product number. Did you have to show any articles or other documentation? Cross your fingers for me!
    Which walmart were you at?
    Walmart on Tangerine Rd in Oro Valley
    I didn't show any articles at all.
    2150 E Tangerine Rd Oro Valley (520) 544-001/ Ask for Alex or Mike. When I got there the CSR's knew I was coming. Were told by Alex to take care of it. Purchased with my debit card and got refund in cash.
    Last edited by BrewCity; 08/27/2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
    I didn't even take in the box. I just turned it on And showed them the serial #. And gave them a copy of my original reciept. A copy not the original.
    Last edited by BrewCity; 08/27/2011 at 10:10 AM.
  11.    #71  
    BrewCity, if you could create those pdfs that would be great. If you do end up doing it, could you either pm them to me or post them in this thread? I would really appreciate it; I've been going at this for a while and more ammo could never hurt.
    refunded $481.50 this morning. I called and talked to 4 different people yesterday until the store manager said he would do it. Of course when I got there nobody knew what I was talking about. It didn't take much to get them to refund it though.
    Sanglant and wood_sprite like this.
    I'm out of the office right now. I will post a PDF of my return tomorrow. Along with some additional phone numbers for Walmart.
    to others still trying, try and speak with an assistant manager of the store. That's what it too Ito get me my 484.88 :-)
  15.    #75  
    BrewCity, I spoke to the Assistant Manager of my Walmart, and he said he would reconsider upon seeing those receipts that you are posting. Thank you very much for taking the time to do it, and I hope that this whole thing works out.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Here's mine.

My Refund
  17.    #77  
    SUCCESS! After much time devoted to both HP and Walmart, I finally got a price match from my local Walmart. It was because of the people here who postes their receipts ( so far specifically Sanglant ) thay gave me the ammo I needed to get the money. I will be following suit and posting my two receipts tomorrow as well. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, and I truly wish all luck here who haven't yet gotten a price match.
  18.    #78  
    Instead of scanning the receipts I just took pictures of them - they still turned out pretty good.

My Price Match

Here are some thoughts of mine I think you might benefit from taking into account.

-Bring your Touchpad, even if you think you won't need it since it's only a price match. They needed to reference the serial number on mine.
    -If bought with a credit card, bring that same card for the match. They were able to put it directly onto the card I used.
    -Know to whom you want to talk before you go. In the management at my Walmart, there are some really, really nice people, and some who are not so friendly. I have talked to most of them over these past days, and I found someone with authority who was also understanding. I suggest you do the same, so that you don't have to bounce between people while there.
    -Bring as many of these "proof" transaction receipts in addition to your own as possible. Their stance was a definite no until I showed them this proof; hopefully it will have the same effect for you all.
    -If you are successful, please come back here and post your proof as well, so that the trend may continue for those not fortunate enough to already have their match. Give back to the community that probably helped you.

Some of these may be common sense, some may help you get your price match, who knows; just take it for what it's worth. I will be organizing hopefully all of the receipts posted, so that it can be more of a one stop thing for people who still need them (located on the first post of this thread). Good luck to you all!
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...MjE4ZjMw&hl=en

Here are my receipt's

Walmart Corp Offices.... One of the numbers I called before they would do it.
    479-273-4000
    Quote Originally Posted by crosega View Post
    SUCCESS! After much time devoted to both HP and Walmart, I finally got a price match from my local Walmart. It was because of the people here who postes their receipts ( so far specifically Sanglant ) thay gave me the ammo I needed to get the money. I will be following suit and posting my two receipts tomorrow as well. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, and I truly wish all luck here who haven't yet gotten a price match.
    Glad they did it.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast