Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
    I'll keep my fingers crossed. AllthingsD posted an interview with DeWitt and it said the following: "As for those who bought TouchPad devices prior to the fire sale that started this weekend, DeWitt says that they will be taken care of, with more details to come from retailers and HP." ...let's hope so...
    I knew there was a reason why I avoid Walmart like the plague...
    It is good to hear HP will make things right for us early users. Best Buy and other retailers made things right also. Walmart should also. It seems those who purchased from those retailers may benefit doubly? They got a price difference or a refund and will be remembered by HP also. Woot for them!
    Quote Originally Posted by crosega View Post
    UPDATE: I talked to the supervisor of the corporate level of webos support. He said that a major issue with the process is that there is no method in place for HP to credit buyers from Walmart. He is going to talk to the liaison responsible for contact with Walmart, and attempt to get something in place. He has my contact information, so I'm hoping that this one doesn't slip through as well.
    if it works out for you can you pm me some contact info? :-)

I just got off the phone with a supervisor and they haven't heard anything yet and my email to corporate haven't been responded to.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I also bought from Wal-Mart on launch day. I went to the local store yesterday, and they said that had not received any information on price matching or reimbursing. She said to come back during the week. If anyone has any luck, please forward me contact info.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    I also bought from Wal-Mart on launch day. I went to the local store yesterday, and they said that had not received any information on price matching or reimbursing. She said to come back during the week. If anyone has any luck, please forward me contact info.

Same story here: purchased my 32gb on launch day, called the Walmart today where I bought it - they hadn't received any information on price matching and their return policy is "within 14 days of purchase".

I just want a price-match. I'm normally as 'caveat emptor' as the next guy, but not in this case. If major retailers are price-matching, then Walmart should price-match.

I'll keep watching this thread...
    What email or phone number is everyone contacting to talk to Corporate about this? I would like to contact the same people so they are aware that we are all wanting this price match. Thanks in advance.
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!
    I am in the same boat...Trash man took away price matching for Walmart. I just bought the touchpad on 8/15/11 and due to Walmart stapling the darn receipt to the bag, it is gone with the trash. I called Walmart and they said there is nothing they can do, called the bank, since I paid using my debit card as a credit card and signing, they said nothing they could do. I feel so screwed on this one by HP. I emailed a letter to Walmart customer service but don't expect anything from them. I hope everyone has more luck than me.

I really thought because walmart scans the bar code and the serial number at purcahse, and I used my card that SOMEONE WOULD HELP ME@@@@!!!!!!. But I guess not....

I knew better than to buy an electronic item from Walmart......
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I just called Walmart at 800-925-6278, and the customer service rep told me that i should be able to go to any store and ask for a store manager. The store manager should be able to handle it. I will be trying this tonight.
    I hope it works for you let us know!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Just got back. After about an hour of waiting, the manager couldn't find anything telling them it was okay to grant a price match/rebate/refund. She took my information and was going to look into it further and get back to me. I will let you know if I have any luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdrevoir1 View Post
    I am in the same boat...Trash man took away price matching for Walmart. I just bought the touchpad on 8/15/11 and due to Walmart stapling the darn receipt to the bag, it is gone with the trash. I called Walmart and they said there is nothing they can do, called the bank, since I paid using my debit card as a credit card and signing, they said nothing they could do. I feel so screwed on this one by HP. I emailed a letter to Walmart customer service but don't expect anything from them. I hope everyone has more luck than me.

I really thought because walmart scans the bar code and the serial number at purcahse, and I used my card that SOMEONE WOULD HELP ME@@@@!!!!!!. But I guess not....

I knew better than to buy an electronic item from Walmart......
    IMO: You screwed yourself not keeping the receipt for an electronic item.

FYI: Credit cards can provide an image of sales transactions. Debit cards are lucky to get the name of the business correct.

FYI: Go to Customer Service (WalMart) and ask for a duplicate receipt. (Hint, don't tell them it is for a refund.) They have several ways to look it up. Debit card number and/or phone number are quickest. Anything else would require a cooperative CS rep to search further. If they give you a duplicate, say thank you and leave. Return on a different day or at a different time for a return or price match. No point to upsetting the CS rep by letting them know they were used.
    Here's hoping walmart doesn't screw all of us.

Purchased 07/01/2011 at 12:01am.......
    Thought I would put in my 2 cents...I called the Wal-mart Stores customer service line (800-925-6278) to inquire about getting a refund for the difference in purchase price to compensate for the new fire sale price. The woman I spoke with had no clue what I was talking about and at first just stated their normal 7 day price-match guidelines. I tried to explain to her that this was not a typical price-match scenario and that I had been told that HP was working with all retailers to get the difference in price issued to customers who bought tablets before the drop in price.

I still don't think she understood what I was saying but she supposedly documented it all, took my number and said it would be escalated to a higher level. She did say that I wouldn't be guaranteed to get a call-back.

I'm going to try going into a store either tonight or tomorrow. So far I'm not feeling very hopeful.
    I wish HP would make some type of official statement that I could bring in ink to a supervisor and have them see that what I'm saying is the truth and to have more leverage when speaking with the retailer... :/
    So far no luck on my end. Bought 7/1 & a 32gb at full price. Both corporate & local have pointed the finger at each other & both refuse to refund us. We called/visited on Sunday, and again yesterday (Tuesday). Getting nowhere & getting very angry.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    This is what they've done for this twice for us now. Problem is, corporate says go local b/c they can make the decision. Local says they need word from corporate. It's a classic run-around.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    After getting a voicemail from a store manager in the wrong state, I called corporate customer service again. They escalated it to a district manager (hopefully from my state). We'll see how that goes...
    This has got to be the largest retailer not honoring HP's Firesale Price Matching. I would like to see this story covered on the front page of PreCentral. It would hopefully shame Walmart into action, or at least spur communications at a higher corporate level. I love when I see stories from PreCentral on the front page on my Google News feed. If HP is willing to make Walmart whole for these refunds and pricematches, then Walmart would hopefully respond to some national media attention about them screwing their customers.
  20.    #40  
    I just talked on the phone with HP Corporate Customer Service where I had the supervisor contact the liaison with Walmart, and I made sure to have him repeat to me multiple, clear times, that Walmart was decisively not offering a price match, and that HP would not make up the difference either. This is extremely disappointing news to me, but I doubt I'll stop trying completely, because there is still a chance that we can change the mind of Walmart if enough people draw attention to it. I will be changing my course of action to trying to get up as high in Walmart's chain as possible and trying to get something done there. Please keep this thread going so that we can keep up on this difference that is rightfully ours.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast