Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    The problem is the available applications for the tablet. It's not about specs - all this mumbo jumbo about USB ports, HDMI out, yada yada, completely misses the point. People who are buying tablets instead of netbooks don't give a crap about all of that. They want something that works and has the applications that make the device interesting and compelling.

Why do you think the iPad continues to mop the floor with every single tablet that comes out? Eventually, you're going to have to quit calling the iPad users "sheep" and realize that the vast majority of people don't care about the things you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    Eventually, you're going to have to quit calling the iPad users "sheep" and realize that the vast majority of people don't care about the things you're talking about.
    I think that is reason for nickname. Anyway, I don't like this prejudice.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I think that is reason for nickname. Anyway, I don't like this prejudice.
    Because they don't care about something another person deems important? Seems to me that a person who was just a follower would care about the things others keep bleeting on about. But iOS device users, by and large, just want their stuff to work right. They don't want to have to worry about this fiddly bit or that setting. They want to do stuff with their devices not to their devices.
    actually, I care about that stuff. I want functionality. I want to connect my tablet to my tv, especially when I'm on vaca, traveling for work and such. Heck, I've been getting into Dr Who and Torchwood for free and in HD on Amazon. Can't stream that to my tv from an ipad. Can't do a product demonstration and then give the doc the info by having him give me a thumb drive or SD card. But then again, I'm not buying a product to be disposable pleasure. Actually, I can't stream Amazon period on the ipad. Can't do it on my Dell Venue Pro in Windows Phone either. Makes me laugh hearing people wanting to run to WP7 from WebOS. WP7 is so limited.

And last I checked, netbooks have hdmi, usb and such. So if one were looking for a tablet alternative, it's natural to expect some of that connectivity to carry over. And I didn't last long with my Pre either. Way to limited. I topped out the memory after a week. I now sync my entire wok folder from home via Sugarsync to my phone. I have access to every work document on my phone at all times, especially when I'm without a a cell signal or wifi.

And the sheep comments do get old. I really don't care what people like. If it works for them, great. Why I should care what other people use and why is beyond me. And why anyone else cares and mocks them for it is just petty. It's another thing with the <fans> type crowd who blindly defends and praises a platform and puts down others, but they are not necessarily in the sheep category. But those types are on every platform including this one. And listening to them gets old too.

The problem is the available applications for the tablet. It's not about specs - all this mumbo jumbo about USB ports, HDMI out, yada yada, completely misses the point. People who are buying tablets instead of netbooks don't give a crap about all of that. They want something that works and has the applications that make the device interesting and compelling.
    And android tablets now have 20% of the market. Big jump from just a bit ago. It has to start somewhere, but I think "mopping the floor" is a bit much.
    Why do you think the iPad continues to mop the floor with every single tablet that comes out? Eventually, you're going to have to quit calling the iPad users "sheep" and realize that the vast majority of people don't care about the things you're talking about.
    Last edited by crogs571; 08/22/2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: language filter
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    The summary of the article says it all:

The TouchPad needed more work, and webOS as a whole needs more work. You can either scale a project out by taking more time to get it done, or you can scale its width by committing more resources to it. The latter (and more efficient development) is what Palm has needed since day one, what HP promised to bring to it, and sadly exactly what it ultimately failed to receive at HP.
    nyuepik likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12