Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    A huge line! ***?!
    I guess everyone is on board with the deal!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    slickdeals.net
    Same here, line wrapped around building. This is either the greatest marketing ploy or the greatest blunder in consumer electronics ever. ***.
    I bought one online for store pickup but Im not going to pick it up until tomorrow. I hope its still there lol.
    According to my local best buy, all of the best buys in the chicagoland area are out of stock. I stood in line for 40 minutes this morning only to be told that they actually sold them all last night.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    This is why I hope my order goes through on HP. I won't be able to find one, and i'm not paying $200 for one on ebay.
    idk about you but I was just told by 2 best buys in the Denver metro that they're all out...for the entire state. Even the ones that were supposedly not allowed to sell last night are "sold out" now. I talked to a few employees out front who said that they each bougt one...i have a feeling that the employees are buying them up and/or holding them for friends and family...sucks because people who actually want one like myself are basically shut out!!
    Stevesrjr86 likes this.
    Just FYI, don't waste your time at retail shops. Employees are buying the units themselves. I just went to bestbuy to get my refund on my TouchPad and the girl I was getting helped by said when they got the email, all the employees there were on a mad rush to buy them.
    Sprint Love
    go figure :/ I'm so mad rigt now
    if i had the money id go pick one up for cheap.
    I just got back from BB in Columbia, MD. I got there around 10:30, there were already over 100 people in line. They had about 75 touchpads still available. I'm still hoping to score one, but the in-store options are going away fast.
    I was at BestBuy this morning hoping to get one for my siblings, but when I walked in all they had was a sign with the clearance notice and no TouchPads. When I asked I got a "pft." out of one of them.
    Heh. My local Walmart opened at 7AM... no crowds, but only 3 16GB Touchpads. The manager that finally came 'round pulled up the tags and it came up as $398 in-store. Sat down at the kiosk and got the $99 price plus an option to Pick Up Today... he hopped on the PC next to me on the inside of the Connection Center kiosk and ordered one for himself while I ordered mine.

... Then we waited for his handheld to indicate that our orders have posted to the store and he scanned 'em in and handed me mine with my little receipt and off I went with a $105 TouchPad after tax.

Later on I stopped in and I was a tiny piece of Walmart lore for the day. By the time I had gotten back, Walmart disabled the in-store purchase options online and they were waiting on a response from the home office...
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    It amazes me that most stores have sold out within minutes of offering the new price. Somewhere someone is going to lose their job for not pricing these at 199 and 249. Sure it would have taken ALL DAY to sell out, but still.

It's a mad-house out there. Lines at Best Buy at 9:30 on a Sunday. People ignoring the manager saying "We're sold out" convinced that they're still holding back some stock. I'm guessing at least 100 people came through Best Buy in the 30-45 minutes I was there this morning. HP really screwed up on this one. They could have cut their losses significantly if they'd just thought this through a little. Oh well c'est la vie.
    I got a Touchpad from Bestbuy.com at 4am PST. I just got back from the airport and decided to check. I got the 32gig for $149 plus $9 shipping and tax.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I was first in line at the Farmington Hills, MI store. They handed out slips. All store pickup orders were marked as unavailable. There were some upset people who thought their order confirmations were enough.
    Anybody ever drove around early in the morning on Black Friday?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Just FYI, don't waste your time at retail shops. Employees are buying the units themselves. I just went to bestbuy to get my refund on my TouchPad and the girl I was getting helped by said when they got the email, all the employees there were on a mad rush to buy them.
    That pretty much what happened. I have a friend who works at BB. He said once they got the go ahead to sell them, all the employees who wanted one took first dibs and then they sold the rest. He said they were gone in less than an hour last night.
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    I pulled up to my neighborhood BB about 10 minutes before opening and there was a crowd outside the door. A moment later someone came out and announced they had no Touchpads and everyone left. Came home and snagged a 32GB on the HP SMB website, but it musta taken 10-15 tries before the cart would work right.

I gotta say, while I am a young man (only 59, lol) I have not seen any commercial enterprise handle anything so badly since New Coke came out in the 1980's. As a stockholder, I say fire Leo and get someone with vision that lasts longer than 7 weeks. Knocking apple form their pedistal might take as long as 8 or 9 weeks.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    It amazes me that most stores have sold out within minutes of offering the new price. Somewhere someone is going to lose their job for not pricing these at 199 and 249. Sure it would have taken ALL DAY to sell out, but still.

It's a mad-house out there. Lines at Best Buy at 9:30 on a Sunday. People ignoring the manager saying "We're sold out" convinced that they're still holding back some stock. I'm guessing at least 100 people came through Best Buy in the 30-45 minutes I was there this morning. HP really screwed up on this one. They could have cut their losses significantly if they'd just thought this through a little. Oh well c'est la vie.
    Let's hope that "someone" who is going to lose their job is none other than HP CEO "Leo".
    un_designer likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast