Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    It amazes me that most stores have sold out within minutes of offering the new price. Somewhere someone is going to lose their job for not pricing these at 199 and 249. Sure it would have taken ALL DAY to sell out, but still.

It's a mad-house out there. Lines at Best Buy at 9:30 on a Sunday. People ignoring the manager saying "We're sold out" convinced that they're still holding back some stock. I'm guessing at least 100 people came through Best Buy in the 30-45 minutes I was there this morning. HP really screwed up on this one. They could have cut their losses significantly if they'd just thought this through a little. Oh well c'est la vie.
    HP is in the business of making money, not giving it a away. This a defeatist liquidation last move, nothing else.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    All the local retail stores sold out yesterday sometime at random times. There were Best Buy employees with notes on them saying "NO TOUCHPADS!!!" walking around my local store during opening hours.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    After a long day yesterday watching PreCentral for all the stories, got up at 6am, drove by my local Best Buy which said they had some in stock the previous night that they couldn't sell, just to see if anyone was waiting. There was a guy wrapped up in a sleeping bag that had been there since midnight. Went to Perkins next door and got on PreCentral and noticed the Best Buy online post. Ordered a 32gb one during breakfast. Went back around 8am, guy still sleeping in his sleeping bag was the only guy there. About 850 a few others showed so we got in line. By the time the store opened at 10, there were about 40 and we were informed they had about 40 units. Picked up another 32gb and also a 16gb for the kids. 3 for less than what I paid for the one I shipped back to Amazon the previous day.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Hawaii BestBuys opening in a few minutes to sell their remaining stock. Had lines exceeding 100 people. Heard from someone that they had to call the cops when the Honolulu store announced they only had about 60 units available.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12