Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    It looks like I'm doing everything correctly. I set up a Skype account for myself and a separate one for my boyfriend. I select his name and it begins to call him. However, there is no option/icon for a video call (such as in this video: ) and it prompts me to purchase Skype credits before the call even goes though.

Help?
    You must be doing something wrong. You're probably calling their phone number through Skype. You have to select their Skype name. Click on the green phone icon labeled "phone and video calls", next screen click on the contacts tab at the top, scroll to your contact and click the arrow next to their names, click on their Skype name.

You should be good after that.
    you also have to be in each other's contact directory...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    You must be doing something wrong. You're probably calling their phone number through Skype. You have to select their Skype name. Click on the green phone icon labeled "phone and video calls", next screen click on the contacts tab at the top, scroll to your contact and click the arrow next to their names, click on their Skype name.

You should be good after that.
    Beat me to it!
    As others have mentioned, you both have to have each other's contact names. For simplicity, I just went into the skype accounts and added each other's skype names.

Then, the TouchPad needs to sync those to the pad (usually this happens on its own).

Then it will work.

Bottom line - if when you dial all you see is their phone number, then it won't work. You have to have their skype name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you also have to be in each other's contact directory...
    Very true. I assumed with a BF/GF thing that they would be...BUT...you never know. Haha