Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    well got an email this morning saying my order was canceled for one 16gb tp. I was at the item processing stage I had been there since Friday night. Oh well this was just going to be a extra one for Me to have as a backup incase my current one ever blows up.
    did they charge your card and then reverse it? Mine still says order being processed... 32gb + a case
  3.    #3  
    yes my card got charged from the HP home store Friday night. They reversed the charges
    my got canceled too. bought a 16gb on friday night.

5.    #5  
    yea oh well least I'm not the only one that got cancelled
    i will be ****ed if they reverse mine. i ordered last night from small and medium business. They charged my card but they have yet to send me a confirmation email
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    i will be ****ed if they reverse mine. i ordered last night from small and medium business. They charged my card but they have yet to send me a confirmation email
    I'll be pretty ****ed also if they cancel mine. I ordered two 16Gb on the SMB site yesterday.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Scared me. Finally got an email from hp, order confirmed!

They probably oversold, and now are either going back and canceling later orders or just doing a random draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Sold out within two days.

Not bad for a fat, heavy, useless tablet with a dead OS if you ask me.
    Maybe it's not so dead after all.

ZombieOS?
    LordSecksie and RC46 like this.
    Oh boy...I'm a little nervous. I have not received any emails yet.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    well got an email this morning saying my order was canceled for one 16gb tp. I was at the item processing stage I had been there since Friday night. Oh well this was just going to be a extra one for Me to have as a backup incase my current one ever blows up.
    At what time did you place your order? I placed mine at 7:47 PDT. Trying to see what my chances are of my order being cancelled.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Sold out within two days.

Not bad for a fat, heavy, useless tablet with a dead OS if you ask me.
    Maybe it's not so dead after all.

ZombieOS?
    It will be a zombie OS for at least two years, maybe three depending on how long the hardware lasts. App sales will be very good for developers for the next six weeks or so but then will start to drop off due to natural attrition, churn, returns. How high the app sales go is hard to say as it's impossible to work out as the psychology of pricing generally means that people don't spend a lot on items they get for next to nothing.

However, we have never had a tablet dumped on the market in this way, so I'll be interested to see how high the app sales numbers actually get. Even when Android devices sales got into the millions, developers were still complaining that Android owners are too cheap to pay for apps, so it might be the same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    At what time did you place your order? I placed mine at 7:47 PDT. Trying to see what my chances are of my order being cancelled.
    Placed my order Friday at almost exactly 7:00 PDT. Order was listed as being processed and I received a confirmation email yesterday. Hope this helps!
    Placed my order friday night as well. I have a confirmation email and tracking number. Opted for 2 day shipping
    According to HP's Small Business website, the 16GB Touchpad is out of stock, but they still have some 32GB ones. My order I placed yesterday for four 32GB Touchpads has not been canceled, and I still show a pending charge on my bank account from HP for the order. HP's order status says it is processing.

http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTER...ightpanel=true
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I got confirmation of my 2 TP this morning!
    I just got a confirmation email! Ordered 11:50pm est on the 19th.

I ordered a 32gb though. Maybe the 16 gigs are running out?
    hp really dropped the ball here. if anything this will really hurt their rep now.
    I have yet to receive a confirmation email for my 3 32GB units. My status is at "Items being processed". I hope I get them.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I finally just now got my confirmation as well. Ordered Friday 10:15pm central. One 32 GB unit + a ream of paper + $30 off coupon.

Online status still says 'Item being processed'.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast