Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Looks like HP shuffled their small business website around a little. The order Status page is now different. I can't check the status of my order because I closed the confirmation webpage after the order and don't have my order or web number.

And no confirmation email yet either.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    well got an email this morning saying my order was canceled for one 16gb tp. I was at the item processing stage I had been there since Friday night. Oh well this was just going to be a extra one for Me to have as a backup incase my current one ever blows up.
    Had you gotten any e-mails from them prior to the cancellation? I have gotten one e-mail saying my order has been "confirmed".
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    for those who bought from HP Academy

just saw this on teh twitter from HP

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
    Home and home office store and HP Academy - part of the same store, & inventory. When Home & Home Office gets more so will HPA. No more SMB.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with someone from HP Academy. Said they are hoping to ship all "processing" orders by mid-week (Wednesday). He said that if you have NOT already received a cancellation e-mail, you should be good. "Everyone that will be canceled has been canceled."
    dr_lha and rudramakesmovie like this.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    I just got off the phone with someone from HP Academy. Said they are hoping to ship all "processing" orders by mid-week (Wednesday). He said that if you have NOT already received a cancellation e-mail, you should be good. "Everyone that will be canceled has been canceled."
    That's great news. All I want is one for myself. Is that too much to ask?
    Thanks for calling them so I didn't have to. Purchased through HP Academy 9:45PDT on Friday night and am still stuck at "Item being processed" (although the charge has gone through on my credit card), so your news is very welcome for me.

For the record I ordered 1 32Giger, it'll be my first WebOS experience and I'm excited about the homebrew opportunities. I say this because I don't want people to think I'm some dirty scumbag who's going to fence 150 TPs on eBay.
    Last edited by dr_lha; 08/23/2011 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_lha View Post
    Thanks for calling them so I didn't have to. Purchased through HP Academy 9:45PDT on Friday night and am still stuck at "Item being processed", so your news is very welcome for me.

For the record I ordered 1 32Giger, it'll be my first WebOS experience and I'm excited about the homebrew opportunities. I say this because I don't want people to think I'm some dirty scumbag who's going to fence 150 TPs on eBay.
    I ordered maybe an hour or 2 before you (1 32gig), and I now have my shipping information. The fact that you ordered on Friday and you only ordered one is a very good sign. I'd be very surprised if you don't get your information by the end of today or early tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    I ordered maybe an hour or 2 before you (1 32gig), and I now have my shipping information. The fact that you ordered on Friday and you only ordered one is a very good sign. I'd be very surprised if you don't get your information by the end of today or early tomorrow.
    Question is, are they being slow to ship or slow to email? I've dealt with many businesses before that send you the tracking numbers just as stuff shows up, or even in some cases, after I already have the product in my hands.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Purchased 32 GB TP through HP Academy last Friday 11:00 PM...since status still said "Item being processed" today, I called HP and they told me the TP already shipped. They gave me the Fedex tracking number...will receive it tomorrow. Excellent! The HP rep. put my name on the list for when more TPs are available.
    Last edited by CrazyBeacon; 08/23/2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Ordered a 16GB TouchPad from HP Academy on Friday @ 7:10PM PDT. Card has been charged but the order status is still "item being processed". Hopefully it goes through.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Just got this e-mail.

Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad. Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness. We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Be the first to know when your unit ships by clicking here for your order status.

We hope you will give us at the HP Home & Home Office Store the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
    My heart dropped when I saw the subject line in my inbox. Then I read it. Not canceled :-)
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Just got this e-mail.

My heart dropped when I saw the subject line in my inbox. Then I read it. Not canceled :-)
    Yeah me too. Split second glance after clicking on that e-mail and saw that it's just a bunch of words. I was ready to get really mad.

Shipped by the 25th means it won't get here until next week. That sucks. I was really hoping it would get here before the weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    wow like your moniker just bought a ball that color from amazon last week to sit on while I use touchpad
    I just checked my order and I have a tracking number! This, after ordering at 10:30pm CDT Friday, then getting a call from "Doug" on Saturday telling me my order was canceled, then going to "items being processed" on Sunday, to shipping today.
    GOT BOTH my 16GB shipped today! Tracking # is reused but should be updated tonight or tomorrow!

Hopefully it gets here by Friday!
    ordered friday at about 11pm EST (then got one at office depot on saturday morning for $130 for the 16gb that will be my wifes) and I got the confrimation email on Sunday. Today I got the email saying that due to overwhelming demand the orders may not ship until thursday. I hope it comes because I would love to get my 32gb one for me and use the 16gb as a back up since we all know hp hardware doesnt last the test of time.
    SCK Manager
    For the record, I just got this email from HP:

Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad. Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness. We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order.
    OK UPDATED!

Ordered the touchpad HPA Friday 6:30, 7:30PDT (16GB)

Got my TRACKING NUMBERS (Updated saying it is Initiated and FedEx has it)
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    So HP declined my order with no reason given and the instructions to "please call", which we all know is a joke unless you have a few hours of your life to spare.

I'm glad they're getting out of the consumer business because they just lost a customer for life with me.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast