Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This really suck, so many missed opportunities to buy a touchpad.

Really hope Hp comes thru.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsplatpc View Post
    so what do you all think of this update?

BTW when I ACTUALLY ordered and got the confirmation page it was on Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 2:44 AM

I also ordered from from small business on Sunday morning. I received the universal "Your order has been captured" email yesterday, and hoping I get the confirmation email today. When I looked up my order status, mine says the exact same thing. I hope that's a good thing!
    I had my order declined by HP because i had 2 x 16 gig tablets. They said they would process a single tablet and I would have to reorder the 2nd tablet when the next shipment came in. Seems like they are trying to spread the tablets out and people who ordered a bunch will get declined.
    I ordered through the EPP site and it still states "Item Being Processed". I hope they don't cancel any of the order. I ordered 3 so that I can introduce the wife and kids to the wonders of webOS (and they can see why I am so passionate about getting a new phone!)
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    Yep, EPP still says "being processed". They did charge the card though, not that it's a guarantee or anything, but it's a little more promising for me.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    We have terms with HP, I ordered mine on Sat Night, and got the confirmation email. Order status says it is supposed to be shipped today, but it is on a credit hold. I am not confident, because I ordered a $7000 server today and that says credit approved...

I have been on hold for 90 min now, trying to find out what this means.
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    We have terms with HP, I ordered mine on Sat Night, and got the confirmation email. Order status says it is supposed to be shipped today, but it is on a credit hold. I am not confident, because I ordered a $7000 server today and that says credit approved...

I have been on hold for 90 min now, trying to find out what this means.
    If you used Small & Medium Business to order, try 888-728-9985. I just called and had a rep answer within 60 seconds. I was told that all TPs ordered on or after Saturday should expect ot wait another 72 hours before seeing any status change.
    Well my order from HP shipped yesterday, I paid for next business morning shipping which guarantees that it would be here by 10:30 AM. At 10:04 I received an email from FedEx saying that they attempted to deliver a package but no one was home. I went outside and found a door tag lying face down on the ground.

I was able to get a TouchPad direct from HP and then FedEx goes and screws it up. They are supposedly going to reattempt today but I will probably be at work by then.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Well this hp.com FAQ gives me a little hope.

-If it shows Shipped, then your order has already shipped.
    -If it shows Item being Processed, then your order is in queue to be shipped and all shipments should be complete by Wednesday August 24, 2011.
    -If it shows Order Pending, then your order is in review and we ask you to please check your order status again the next business day.
    I ordered 3 32GB(one for me, one for a friend and one for my mother) from EPP Friday night and my order is "item being processed", although I did see the charge hit my Discover card this morning. Saturday morning I had a call from HP saying they were canceling the order because they couldn't fill it, so I talked to the online chat person today and they said that my order has been approved.

Since they had already called and canceled, I went ahead and ordered 1 16GB from Amazon (Onsale...no idea if that one will ship) and 2 32GB from Neobits.

I have no idea what's going to actually get shipped. I guess the upside to all of this is that I now have my credit card number memorized.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I ordered Friday night when news first broke, around 7 p.m. My order was accepted and has been showing a status of "pending" since. I never received a confirmation number and there has been no movement or shipping info assigned. I'm starting to wonder if my order will ever ship.

I actually ordered through shopping.hp.com, using my education credentials. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

My credit card shows a hold authorization, so that's not an issue.
    FWIW, Greyhulk, I ordered around the same time on Friday from HP Academy with my student credentials. It took until Sunday morning for me to get to "Item being processed."

I'm still waiting for shipping information. I received a single email that was merely an order confirmation.

I really wish I knew one way or the other, but I guess we all do....
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryCrest View Post
    FWIW, Greyhulk, I ordered around the same time on Friday from HP Academy with my student credentials. It took until Sunday morning for me to get to "Item being processed."

I'm still waiting for shipping information. I received a single email that was merely an order confirmation.

At least you got a confirmation e-mail. I didn't even get one of those!
    But my credit card hasn't shown any activity at all....
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    It's a good think the Touchpad didn't sell well when it was full price. They wouldn't have been able to keep up with orders and it would have been a bigger fiasco than the iPad 2.
    MercuryCrest likes this.
    They should have severely undersold to retailers and created a false demand to drum up hype. Worked for Xbox 360.
    Well I logged into HP.com to see my order status. It says shipped and gives a tracking number....however, when I track the tracking number it says it is for something that was deliver in September 2010! I also never received any email from HP saying it was shipped.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

same here. hope that "shipped by 24th" thing is true from UltraMav above applies to us too
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Check "Pending Charges"
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Well I logged into HP.com to see my order status. It says shipped and gives a tracking number....however, when I track the tracking number it says it is for something that was deliver in September 2010! I also never received any email from HP saying it was shipped.
    You'll probably get the e-mail within' the hour. The tracking number is fine, HP/Fedex reuse old ones. Once FedEx actually gets it the number will reset.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast