Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Picked up one from BestBuy on Sunday just in case (and so I have one in hand) though my HP order got a tracking number this morning. Lined up a buyer for the HP order while waiting in line, so basically, HP's giving me a free case with the $30 off coupon. (No, I'll sell the 2nd touchpad at cost, not in this to be eBay scum)
    so my old tracking number is still showing the old info. hasnt been updated with my info yet. :-/
    nothing i should be worried about, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    so my old tracking number is still showing the old info. hasnt been updated with my info yet. :-/
    nothing i should be worried about, right?
    same story for me. I don't think anyone that has "Item Shipped" status has been canceled yet, but who knows.

I've ordered from HP and from onSale and I still don't have a lot of faith I will get what I ordered.

For all those still trying to find a firesale TP I suggest that this will help with all the damn stress:
    41jD-E3oB9L.jpg
    Well I never expected things to get this crazy, so I went ahead and ordered a cover and Touchstone separately on Saturday. Guess I'll have to use the PreCentral marketplace to get rid of them if HP ends up cancelling me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Come play with my Twitter.
    I really hope I get my shipping info TODAY! People from slickdeals have been getting them.
    Well they changed the tracking number on the accessories that I may or may not need to one that works, so that's one positive sign. Too bad my two TouchPad orders have been completely static.
    my order from HP's small and medium business section seems to have gotten through and I just ordered the touchpad yesterday...BUT i did already had it in my cart since Friday which may be why I still got one...I just couldn't get past all the errors screens

I did get this email today though if anyone wants to know...

"
    Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. We have received an unprecedented amount of orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. Therefore, order confirmation emails are still being processed. Be assured that your order has been captured. You should receive an automated order confirmation in the next 24-72 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price.

If you have any questions, please contact an HP representative at 866.625.0242 and choose option 3. Please note that we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, so we ask for your patience. We are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business."

So they do have enough stock to supply me one at least I believe so.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I bought from Onsale via Amazon as well. Onsale is a subsidiary of Macmall which is fairly reputable... While I haven't gotten a ship notice either I believe things will work out ok... I could be wrong, but we'll see.
    my case has changed to real tracking info to my city as well. I'm usually very pessimistic about this whole thing, but I doubt HP would ship me a case and then tell me my Touchpad is not available and then cancel half of my order when they are clearly getting more in stock later. It is a positive sign.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Ordered Friday night, no email confirmation until Sunday morning, and until now order status still has not shown any tracking number.

In the meantime I ordered another one from bestbuy.com Sunday morning (before I received the email confirmation), and that one doesn't seem to have shipped either.

I hate this waiting game.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcron View Post
    Ordered Friday night, no email confirmation until Sunday morning, and until now order status still has not shown any tracking number.

In the meantime I ordered another one from bestbuy.com Sunday morning (before I received the email confirmation), and that one doesn't seem to have shipped either.

I hate this waiting game.
    You will get a separate shipping confirmation. I found an interesting thing today though, if you look at the drop-down menu on the HP homepage, and click on the same SMB + sign and then click on tablets, there will be a message waiting for you if you click again on the section for people who bought small business. It says:

"HP Small and Medium Business Customers

We have received unprecedented orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. This is clear confirmation to HP there is huge interest in building a webOS community. We apologize for any difficulty you may have had in ordering on the web or through the phone this weekend; it was as a result of selling out of our current inventory.

Your order has been captured and you should receive a confirmation over the next 48 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price and will send you confirmation via email.

Should you have any questions, we can be contacted at 1 800 888 5858 option 1: Though we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, we ask for your patience and we are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,
    Your HP Small and Medium Business Team"

Pretty cool.
    Finally fedex reset the shipping info on that tracking number. woohoo, stoked.
    They seem to have taken down the order status website and shopping cart page in the smb section. I can't check my order status anymore. I just keep getting the "Sorry, we can't find that page" site instead.

I guess it's just as well, since obsessively checking my order status online is not in fact going to help me get the touchpad I ordered. No matter how much I might wish that it would...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    They seem to have taken down the order status website and shopping cart page in the smb section. I can't check my order status anymore. I just keep getting the "Sorry, we can't find that page" site instead.

I guess it's just as well, since obsessively checking my order status online is not in fact going to help me get the touchpad I ordered. No matter how much I might wish that it would...
    I found it: https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public...bno=&noquery=1

Put in the order number and put in the date. You shall be fine.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    so what do you all think of this update?

BTW when I ACTUALLY ordered and got the confirmation page it was on Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 2:44 AM
    cjf243 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    Dang it, still "item being processed". STOP TOYING WITH ME HP!
    How are you guys checking the status? I don't know how to access my account on HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    What about the small business one? You would think HP would have made it easy to access your account or something. I have a printed order confirmation, but I have not received an email yet....I'm seriously hoping they do not cancel my order
    I believe I read that they shut down order checking for SMB orders or something.
    Nope, still up and running:

https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast