Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I was in the same boat, but finally got my "confirmed" email at 5:09 this morning. (Ordered it Friday night, 9:41PM EDT.
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    It will be a zombie OS for at least two years, maybe three depending on how long the hardware lasts. App sales will be very good for developers for the next six weeks or so but then will start to drop off due to natural attrition, churn, returns. How high the app sales go is hard to say as it's impossible to work out as the psychology of pricing generally means that people don't spend a lot on items they get for next to nothing.

However, we have never had a tablet dumped on the market in this way, so I'll be interested to see how high the app sales numbers actually get. Even when Android devices sales got into the millions, developers were still complaining that Android owners are too cheap to pay for apps, so it might be the same here.
    Or webOS gets licensed because HP is no longer competing with OEMs at a time where Google starts competing with theirs.
    I called HP this morning, as a friend wanted a 32 gb TP, but, none are available.

I spoke to a rep, who told me that they are comletely out of stock as of lat last night, but, that if they do get more, they are creating a mailing list for notification (NOT preorder, or reservation, just email notification) that they are available for order on HP.com.

I suggest to everyone who wants or needs one to call and get on that list.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Touchscreens are a fad.
    for those who have been canceled, did you already get a confirmation email before you were canceled or no?
    Last edited by MrJspeed; 08/21/2011 at 12:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Orders for a 16gb last night, and a 32gb this morning seemed to have been processed. I'll check with the small business customer service tomorrow morning if I haven't received any other word. I'll probably only keep one if they both ship. So, if I decide to sell 1, I'll post on the board. I expect others will probably do the same. Not looking for profit, just recoup what I had to spend if I sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Orders for a 16gb last night, and a 32gb this morning seemed to have been processed. I'll check with the small business customer service tomorrow morning if I haven't received any other word. I'll probably only keep one if they both ship. So, if I decide to sell 1, I'll post on the board. I expect others will probably do the same. Not looking for profit, just recoup what I had to spend if I sell.
    Thank you for that. If I were able to get my hands on TPs I'd do the same thing too. All this profiteering is making me really angry. I just want to get one for my Mom to replace her 7yo iBook and one for myself, and there is NONE to be found anywhere.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Just got my "confirmed" email, ordered on Friday night around 9 pacific, 32GB model.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    for those who have been canceled, did you already get a confirmation email before you were canceled or no?
    Yes, I got the confirmation first, then it was cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by syang870 View Post
    Yes, I got the confirmation first, then it was cancelled.
    I ordered two friday night, my card has been charged (well shows as pending) and I received a confirmation email today in the morning. When I log into HP.com it shows a processing; Were you in the same boat?
    I just got my confirmation email for the friday evening order of 2-32gb touchpads on the EPP ordering system. I had applied the $30 off coupon and received free shipping on these. 1 for me, one for wife.

I also ordered 3 more touchpads (for friend and brother, and 1 going to Europe) yesterday through small business and all 3 confirmed as well.

I was scared they wouldn't go through, but it seems all 5 did.

I'm NOT going to put them on ebay. I can't stand getting ripped off, and have no intentions of doing so to others.

Maybe if one of them backs out i might have a 16gb one extra. If I do I will sell it here at no added costs to what I paid + shipping.

Maybe HP ran out of printing paper ... so they couldn't honor people's order of 1 touchpad + paper for the $30 off coupon. So they cancelled the whole order? LOL
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I ordered two friday night, my card has been charged (well shows as pending) and I received a confirmation email today in the morning. When I log into HP.com it shows a processing; Were you in the same boat?
    Yep. Ordered it Friday night around 9:30pm PST. It showed up as being verified, then processed (tracking upon shipment), and this morning when I checked "item cancelled."
    so how many were you able to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by syang870 View Post
    Yep. Ordered it Friday night around 9:30pm PST. It showed up as being verified, then processed (tracking upon shipment), and this morning when I checked "item cancelled."
    i'm hoping it was canceled due to limit-1-per-customer or something like that.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    As of right now, the first one is labeled "cancelled." Second is being processed. Third is being verified. Yes I made three separate orders.
    now I'm wondering if it was because some people did multiple orders because of the browser timeout/glitch

anyone that ordered just 1 TP get it canceled?
    I ordered yesterday(4x16GB), got confirmation today, nothing cancelled yet. I logged into the site to view the status but I did not see status information, just stuff like when it was going to ship. I guess it's shipping so close to me (I'm in the bay area) that it's estimating it to arrive on the same day it ships.

I just placed another order for 1 16GB TP plus a bunch of accessories. Even though their site says out of stock, I still had another 4 TPs in my shopping cart from yesterday. I removed 3, so I could get the discount on the accessories.

For those that had canceled orders were you using extra coupon codes? I did not attempt to use any in either transaction.

1 of my new TPs I'm going to use for work only, 2 more are going to family (along with touchstones and folio cases), the other 2 I guess will be spare, or I'll sell at cost to friends or something, won't be hard to find someone that wants them. Like you folks I can't put this kind of stuff on ebay - hell I never use ebay as it is.

also ordered a pair of pre3s from clover.co.uk last night. Under any other circumstances I'd really have hard time buying phones at full price but given we may never see Pre3s in the US I had to take the opportunity while it was there, even if it does mean leaving Sprint since I've been a customer of theirs for about a decade. Watching the Pre3 teaser video from HP on clover's site really got me pretty excited - though I wish they had memory card expansion! damnit ..

If someone ends up with a Pre3 fire sale I'll buy more..my only concern is how long the batteries will last - what is the best way to store them (or does it matter?) I bought some new UPS batteries for my APC UPS about a year ago, and they sat on a shelf for about 8 months before I used them, by the time I used them they were dead(3 minutes of run time @ 30% load), so I'm not sure if the battery was just bad to begin with or if because it was fully discharged for so long it lost it's capacity.

Hopefully those other battery companies out there will continue to make compatible batteries for a long time to come for the existing user base.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    HP just cancelled my 2nd order after it was confirmed. :-( sad sad Sunday.
    so now my status says "Item Shipped" for my TP32 and my case. There are 2 tracking numbers that are different in length. One number has no matches for FedEx, the other matches a shipment on 2010.

Does HP even ship on Sundays? For some reason I still don't have a lot of faith. Is there anyone that has been canceled after the status says shipped?
    Mine also shows as shipped with a tracking number from 2010.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast