1.    #1  
    Hello all, I was wondering if there is a way to add Arabic language support for the touchpad. I already found this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ow-arabic.html

but it seems like this only works for webOS 2.0. Can anyone confirm if this method works on touchpad? and if not, can anyone provide any tips/hints to go about acquiring Arabic support on the touchpad? Please use as basic a language as you could because I'm not very familiar with webOS tweaks and specifics and I'm just getting into this.

Thanks in advance
    I am also looking for Arabic/ Farsi support for my HP touchpad. I really appreciate if someone could direct me to the right direction.
    Well guys. I just tried the above mentioned method on my updated HP touchpad and it worked really fine. It worked in the browser, the facebook application, the documents and the email. Those are the ones I tried so far.
    Note: The only problem is that the last letter in the word appears as the middle letter. Still, that's a big difference to be able to read Arabic...
    Ahmed, please help,
    I did do what was instructed but i do not read arabic yet on my touchpad. All i see is 00 00 0000 0000 no arabic letters.
    What did you do that i did not do
    Please answer ASAP.
    Thank you
    Shady
    I followed exactly what was said in the steps. Download the file. Unrar. Open the new WebOS quick install. Send file. Choose the previously downloaded file. Send to /usr/share/fonts/. Restart the Touchpad.
    May be you forgot to restart.
    Also, I'm using the WebOS quickinstall version 4.3.2 and the WebOS version on the Touchpad is 3.0.2.
    That's all, I hope it works for you. Good luck...
    LOL, just as you typed i was typing..
    It works just great, all i did was redo the same thing i did before,, it even worked without restarting.
    Thank you.
    Glad you can make it. It makes A big difference. Now waiting for the keyboard. I rarely use it but it is great to have the option...
    did the method in the link work for you. thanks
    I tried this and the font installed in the correct directory (I can see in there using internalz). But the fonts don't show up. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Never mind, fonts work with the right files. Now, the keyboard...Many thanks, shukran gezilan.
    Last edited by shneor; 10/03/2011 at 11:10 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I tried this and the font installed in the correct directory (I can see in there using internalz). But the fonts don't show up. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Never mind, fonts work with the right files. Now, the keyboard...Many thanks, shukran gezilan.
    OK, once the fonts were working I decided to install the keyboard. Worked fine. Then, I installed a Hebrew keyboard. Wow! My Arabic keyboard is gone, even though it says Ar in the language button. Looks as though people using different methods leads to conflicts. I'm going to try and reinstall LunaSysMg, see it it makes a difference.

Later - Reinstalling LunaSysMgr reinstalled my Arabic keyboard. So that's where the conflict lies. Maybe I should edit locale.txt, add Hebrew, see if that makes a difference so that I can have both Arabic and Hebrew keyboards.
    Last edited by shneor; 10/04/2011 at 02:26 PM.
    Shneor
    Hey guys,

You can try this also http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ion-webos.html for adding the Arabic Language Support.

and this http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3174698 for the Arabic Keyboard.

This is still under testing and continous development, but it works fine for the time being.

Regards,
    hi

when I download the attached file and open it , told me you cont open mime type plz if there's any one help me to tell me Howe to fix it.? thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by haneen92 View Post
    hi

when I download the attached file and open it , told me you cont open mime type plz if there's any one help me to tell me Howe to fix it.? thank you very much
    See this thread:
    Arabization for webOS

Everything you always wanted to know...about Arabic on the TP.
    Shneor
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    shneor has beaten me to it, +1 for the arabization works v well
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
    I cannot open the file using my HP. I get the warning that MIME type file cannot be opened. Please help... I would appreciate your input...