Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Steph3n
  • 1 Post By slbailey1
  1.    #1  
    Why is the HP TouchPad selling more than twice their firesale prices on ebay?

I guess the TouchPad had to 'die' in order to be successfull.

Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Yeah, I have been watching this too. Look at the completed items and they are almost all selling. The ones that didn't sell were mostly ended early by sellers because the item was no longer available. It's good to see the rapid interest!
    That's probably right
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  4. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    people are stupid to pay these prices. Tomorrow after everyone floods ebay, they will sell for way less.
    basically to scam people that dont have a clue *** is goin on, why else
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    That's right
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    I don't think it's a scam. iPad and iPad 2 were selling on eBay twice even three times their retail price the first month of release.

Look like demand is driving the price higher since most retail stores are out of stock.

Now that Best Buy and HP SMB have plenty in stock, I wonder if people will go after that or stick with eBay.

The good news for @webosinternalz, @HP and webOS dev is that they now have more webOS users than ever before. I just hope the #touchdroid development fail cos it doesn't make sense to put Android on TP hardware. Porting webOS to Android tablet hardware is a better and practical alternative.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    More Touchpads are out there, but don't think a bargain hunter hoarding four touchpads is going to generate the same software activity as two iPads.
    One of the reasons I don't like ebay. Scamartists looking to make a quick buck off the fire sale. If I was able to get my hands on one during the blowout, I would have given it to my parents and/or siblings.
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    One of the reasons I don't like ebay. Scamartists looking to make a quick buck off the fire sale. If I was able to get my hands on one during the blowout, I would have given it to my parents and/or siblings.
    I got my hands on 5/6(one looks like it may go backorder/cancel) and I am giving to my friends and family
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    IICODECll likes this.
    this really ****es me off that all these people looking to make a quick buck are buying up all the stock that people who actually want one to use can't get one. I've been trying to get one for myself and one for my parents since Friday!! *******s!!!!!
    I think people outside of the USA are buying the eBay Touchpads at the high prices.
    Last edited by slbailey1; 08/21/2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    this really ****es me off that all these people looking to make a quick buck are buying up all the stock that people who actually want one to use can't get one. I've been trying to get one for myself and one for my parents since Friday!! *******s!!!!!
    Free market. Love it or hate it...its only fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    people are stupid to pay these prices. Tomorrow after everyone floods ebay, they will sell for way less.
    Live in non official countries, and think again about you words...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)