Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Does anyone reckon that people in the UK will get the opportunity to buy touchpads in a 'firesale' anytime soon? It seems increasingly more unlikely with Comet and PC world prices staying at the £300/400 mark, and HP completely removing the ability to buy the touchpad from their UK site.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I am afraid that we don't seem to get a last Hurrah. But that's no suprise even though the UK is better for pricing of Tech than it used to be we still don't get the deals available in the US
    I think just from a tax perspective the lowest we can hope for is 100. If you do price conversions the 16gb touchpad in the UK cost more then the 32gb in america. pre fire sale
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I doubtful we will even get to £100 - maybe £150?

However on the off-chance that it does go to a silly price tomorrow, I have reserved stock at every major electrical retailer in a 30 mile radius - actually because stock is so low in most of those stores (they only have one in stock) - I think I've pretty much locked all of the 16gb down in the area!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I doubtful we will even get to £100 - maybe £150?

However on the off-chance that it does go to a silly price tomorrow, I have reserved stock at every major electrical retailer in a 30 mile radius - actually because stock is so low in most of those stores (they only have one in stock) - I think I've pretty much locked all of the 16gb down in the area!
    where from? the only place that I know that sells them are pcworld and all my stores locally are sold out.
    In another thread someone called HP UK and they said there will be discounts, just not as massive as in the US and Canada because of the huge number of units on the shelves there.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Argos and best buy both have them by me.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    In another thread someone called HP UK and they said there will be discounts, just not as massive as in the US and Canada because of the huge number of units on the shelves there.
    That was me - still worth reserving one for a punt just on the off chance that the reductions are better than expected.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hmm, I think you are right to reserve a touchpad even if they don't put prices down, it's worth a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    That was me - still worth reserving one for a punt just on the off chance that the reductions are better than expected.
    Oh it was you ok
    Good strategy, tomorrow will be exciting, I hope to get closure on the Pre 3 in Germany..
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    if you reserve something online are you entitled to pay for it?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    if you reserve something online are you entitled to pay for it?
    Not till you pick it up from Argos. Only held till monday ( end of day)

Paul
    Same here reserved at argos can't imagine we are likely to see a drop though,iam sure i have seen a post where argos have stated no price change until later in the month as their price currently states current until 26-08-11. Fingers crossed though.
    Last edited by todders; 08/21/2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Does anyone reckon that people in the UK will get the opportunity to buy touchpads in a 'firesale' anytime soon? It seems increasingly more unlikely with Comet and PC world prices staying at the £300/400 mark, and HP completely removing the ability to buy the touchpad from their UK site.

Any ideas?
    They have updated their prices which now show a pitiful drop in price compared to the us. Maybe this is just a holding page until we see a proper drop in the price relative maybe to the us but aim not hopeful.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    They have updated their prices which now show a pitiful drop in price compared to the us. Maybe this is just a holding page until we see a proper drop in the price relative maybe to the us but aim not hopeful.
    You mean the £50 drops? I thought they were just standard drops conducted by pcworld themselves as they aren't selling as many as they'd like? Probably not ordered by HP though
    You mean the £50 drops? I thought they were just standard drops conducted by pcworld themselves as they aren't selling as many as they'd like? Probably not ordered by HP though
    Sorry to confirm was the price drop on the hp uk pages the 16gb went down to £332.50 and 32gb £399.16.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    Sorry to confirm was the price drop on the hp uk pages the 16gb went down to £332.50 and 32gb £399.16.
    They still show up as £349 and £429 for me mate.
    im not even in the UK, but I know my old man is after a tablet and this would be good for him. So I've done the same argos reservation near them.

Happy days.
    they are desperate for cash just to shift a discontinued piece of hardware they cant use elsewhere, regardless the UK side i doubt will discount for a giveaway price, coz were too dumb and probably think it will still sell at a regularish price.

>£75 wont be worth it tbh, they should know that, i mean wth else are they gonna do with them? barracade themselves in their shops with them when the bailifs arrive?

they can sell all of none at dumb high prices or sell lots at bargain prices, doesnt take a genious to know that HP UK will probably go for door no 1, "Sell None" then waste a fortune getting rid of them, eitehr to scrap or ship to the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogambo View Post
    They still show up as £349 and £429 for me mate.
    This was the link that i got the updated prices from.
    HP TouchPad | Tablet PC | HP® Official Site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast