1.    #1  
    I read with sadness about the demise of my beloved touchpad. I am now angry that the rightful 'fire sale' and price matching for my American friends does not yet extend to the UK. Checking the UK Amazon site this morning shows a price reduction from 399 to 275. Compared to US prices, this is still both ridiculous and insulting. I am furious with HP for their initial decision to stop production and for failing to make sure that price reductions and price matching is not implemented globally. Do HP disrespect us and assume that we will stand by and just accept this behaviour? I am usually very calm and considered by nature but this has really hurt and angered me. HP's attitude shows that they have lost their moral compass and I am certain that there may be others with similar views.
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Could it have something to do that it's a weekend? I'm sure things will change when non-clerk people start to work again..
    Quote Originally Posted by dermike View Post
    Could it have something to do that it's a weekend? I'm sure things will change when non-clerk people start to work again..
    Doesnt matter will still be more expensive here then america, at most they will drop it to 99 which is a fair amount more then the US version.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Frankly, if they drop it to 99 and give me 300 back, I'll be a happy bunny.

Andrew
    I'll be happy with 99 - usually all one can hope for is a quick switch of the dollar sign to pound sign in such cases. Would still be a bargain.

I can't see it, though. My money is on 199 as an official discount price level. My plan is to wait a few months, at which point I think they'll be flinging them at people on eBay.
    HP UK probably mistakenly believe they will sell at those dumb price or prices > 75 making them cash, the UK doesnt like giving things away like that at bargain prices even if it is for a dead hardware line.