Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Someone.. PLEASE TO EXPLAIN,
    Why in the world are people trying to flip a discontinued product for an average listing price of $300? And whats worse is people are actually buying them. It makes NO sense. At retail price, they didn't move. At $99 they sale out because of a great price..., but after they sell out... that should be it!, they shouldn't be selling on ebay for more then $150 tops. If your going to spend more, why not just get a zoom or ipad?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    there was demand for it. it just wasn't getting to where the demand was.
    It's spelled as 'Xoom'. Anyway, being in Australia I have been hoping to see some cheap TouchPads on eBay, but no luck just yet.
    HP didn't even try "selling at a loss", they just didn't even try...

I was lucky enough to get a 32GB Touchpad for $420 at Staples just 15 days ago.

I would've kept it if it weren't for big mouths letting them know that they weren't even going to try. So, I took mine back to Staples on the very last day (good timing, HP! really!) and went to Walmart to buy the Acer Iconia A100 for $300. Then I come home and everybody's getting $99 and $149 Touchpads.

$300 is the true value of the Touchpad. That's what it's worth. That's what people will pay.

I still don't understand why they would forgo $50 price drops every 3 to 4 weeks, in order to just truly give up. I mean, it's like they went crazy.

- Who in their right mind would produce a million Touchpads in the first place?
    - Who in their right mind would drop the price of this extra million Touchpads from $300 / $400 (true value) during one LUCKY weekend, all the way down to $100 / $150???

Somebody doesn't know how to count. That's all I know.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm starting to think that maybe people just get sooo wrapped up in trying to get the $99 deal that when looking elsewhere such as ebay, they seem to forget that the deal is the $99, and thus end up buying it at $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda View Post
    I'm starting to think that maybe people just get sooo wrapped up in trying to get the $99 deal that when looking elsewhere such as ebay, they seem to forget that the deal is the $99, and thus end up buying it at $300.
    I think you are right about ebay,but in my position i bought the 16gb touchpad on wednesday for 350.00 and i loved the webs experience but decided due to the price drop in the us i wasn't prepared to take that much of a hit on now defunct hardware,so i returned it to the store. i purchased a 32gb model from canada for 200.00 inc postage. this model is still now selling for 429.00 at the current prices and it dosen"t look like the uk or europe will be getting any where near the firesale price of the us version. So i took a gamble and although the import tax will also have to be paid iam happy with my purchase.I have a higher storage unit and have saved about 120.00 which i have put towards a new pre 2 phone from ebuyer
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I think what you're likely missing here is that not all 200K tablets are going to get flipped at $300.

The people paying $300 for it are probably the folks who got paid on Monday the 15th and were planning on dropping $400 for it this weekend, then couldn't because of the fire sale.

There are a few people who talked themselves into it at $99 then couldn't get it, but they're in the minority.

If they had dropped the price to $300, I don't think it would be flying off the shelf like this.

If they had *started* at $300? All those reviews would have looked a lot different...