Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    Well if the dev didn't fix it then the reviews would be negative.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    But why is that a problem? That is only a problem on a live platform. For the same reason product reviews of the touchpad are now irrelevant.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    maybe the twitter SF guy, found in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...umor-time.html ...is onto something, we know HP was already looking to license it, now that HP flooded the market, it has to be more attractive to any buyers especially if they already have one on the hook
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Yeah I think they will sell for more than $99 on ebay for awhile but the demand of the product is from bargain hunters and not fans of the product. That means that once the firesale has concluded, the demand will drop drastically and ebay will be flooded with these and outstrip the demand.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't bargain hunters initially help Android gain traction? Not everyone is going to love the OS. I would call Android ugly and unusable like some new people are saying of webOS but I have an EVO, lol. I think/thought price penetration was the best approach way back in July oh so long ago. Sure $99 is a loss but now there are a lot more webOS user than 4 days ago which helps the brand stay around longer, even if its only for another half year or so.
    even though people here think webos is what makes the hp world go 'round... it isnt.

no scheme... the main news was that they were separating their entire pc division. which includes webos production.

we're not talking losing 100s of millions or even a few billion...

this 'scheme' has cost hpq over 25% of their total market cap in the last 5 days.

no scheme... he calculated the loss and sees more upside 3-5 years out and then people will see him as a genius CEO to get rid of a market like IBM did. just a dumb decision by Leo imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    This marketing scheme might've worked if they kept their mouth shut about discontinuing devices, panicking both developers and HP shareholders at the same time. Not to mention dissing off all their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland View Post
    I haven't experience "everyone" having this feeling at all. On Ebay these will continue to sell for more than $99 for a long time as demand is vastly outstripping supply.
    What makes you think demand is high for the touchpad?

So up couldn't sell them and had to discount the price, that makes demand high in your eyes. More likely wishful thinking from someone who has 5 in their possession.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowbugle View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't bargain hunters initially help Android gain traction? Not everyone is going to love the OS. I would call Android ugly and unusable like some new people are saying of webOS but I have an EVO, lol. I think/thought price penetration was the best approach way back in July oh so long ago. Sure $99 is a loss but now there are a lot more webOS user than 4 days ago which helps the brand stay around longer, even if its only for another half year or so.
    I'm not sure about the bargain hunter and android connection. I guess it's possible but there was also a company behind it the whole time. Did they come out too expensive in July? Probably. I understand both sides of the argument. If you come out too low, then people won't pay more later. If you come out to high, people won't take a chance on getting your product. HP's missteps and bungles with webOS have been well documented. I'm very happy the user base has grown. I just don't think they will stay around long enough to make a difference but we'll see. Come on Samsung!
    prediction:
    2 weeks elapses and 250,000 TP's are blown out the door and they announce a contract with Samsung to start making tablets and phones Q1 2012.

My free app downloads have tripled or even 6x (for what'sshaking). Sweet!

(hey, I don't have one now as a developer - HP please take care of us!!)
    dgregory19 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowbugle View Post
    I would call Android ugly and unusable like some new people are saying of webOS but I have an EVO, lol.
    After a day of using mine, I'm finding I like the OS more then Android. It is more elegant and does a much better job of letting a user manage running apps. The lack of apps and some features like USB in is the biggest drawback. I definitely wouldn't call it ugly though.

If a good office program comes along I might keep it and sell the android.
    I went to two Best Buys this morning. Both had lines around the building! This whole situation is just weird. Is this a grand marketing scheme or a grand failure?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Just wanna add that although the touchpad was on everyone's lips, so was the question about the device being able to port android.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    yup thats why I bought it . Just a matter of time for some talented dev over at xda hooks this up
    More like Worse Marketing move ever. This may seem great to all ******* who want market share but this move has Lost HP tons of money. They were already likely selling at a loss, but now they won't make any money at all. Why would anyone want to pick up this sinking moneyhole.
    i don't think many here care anymore if HP makes money or not...
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    The positive of it is that HP is getting rid of their stock. The negative is that they have to support them. Traditionally, HW is supported for 30 days and SW is supported for 90 days unless you buy an extended warranty of some kind. If HP is serious about supporting WebOS, then Touchpads will have some level if future enhancement. Like the first two gens of Pre, the enhancements will only go so far.

This is not some kind of marketing scheme. It is what it is -- Bill Belichick
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Just wanna add that although the touchpad was on everyone's lips, so was the question about the device being able to port android.
    ^^^ This.
    That would be funny if it is what they did. Either way I got a screamin tablet for dirt cheap.
    in respect to BestBuy, when I found out that they were sending all of them back, and wouldn't sell them for firesale prices, I thought that was the dumbest idea. Think about all the potential "side sales" you get all these people in your store, someone if not many are going to buy something else..... Right? Same goes for any other brick&mortar retailer. If HP is going to make up the difference to them its a winning combination for them! And as for all the online retailers, it keeps the already customers of theirs happy. ie I will come back and buy from (fill in said retailer here), because they took care of me.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12