1.    #1  
    Ok so i Just got my touchpad, after a crazy *** day, and a fluke visit to bestbuy.

However I noticed when walking out the store many peoples touchpad's had saran wrap wraped all over the box, mine did not, but it did have the HP tape sealed around the edges. then when i opened it it looked a little smudgy on the protective covering thats wrapped around the actual touchpad. once it took it off i noticed some smudges on the edges but figured it was from the sticky material on the inside of the protective wrapping. everything else seems ok though, build quality doesn't seem that great though.

however the one thing really getting at me is that there seems to be a little piece of dust or something inside the screen right in front of the camera. what the hell i cant move it or get it out.
    Sorry buddy but I think you got a returned Touchpad from an early adopter that got his full money back upon returning the device. The brand new ones have seran wrap around the box, and plastic covering around the touchpad itself.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by WaleE View Post
    Sorry buddy but I think you got a returned Touchpad from an early adopter that got his full money back upon returning the device. The brand new ones have seran wrap around the box, and plastic covering around the touchpad itself.
    Well mine did have the plastic covering around the touchpad device, it just didnt have the saran wrap around the box. however it did have the HP tape around the edges of the box, and the tape was fully intact.
    That tape could have been carefully removed and replaced. I know that unfortunately someone bought my original touchpad that developed the speaker cracks that I returned. Wonder how long till this new hardware acts up.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    That tape could have been carefully removed and replaced. I know that unfortunately someone bought my original touchpad that developed the speaker cracks that I returned. Wonder how long till this new hardware acts up.

Are you sure about that tape it seems very difficult to do that with, First thing i did was check for speaker cracks, but i dunno, now im all mad cause bestbuy will not exchange or refund at all.

everything seems fine on the device, except build quality could be better, it i notice every little peice of inperfection escpecially where the glass and the plastic meet. However it did have the plastic wrapping around the device, the wrapping seemed a little dusty or something, thought maybe from factory.

im just wondering if everyone elses was wrapping around the device was perfectly clean
    From what you're saying it could very well be brand new. My original touchpad had the glass not completely and perfectly flush all the way around.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    From what you're saying it could very well be brand new. My original touchpad had the glass not completely and perfectly flush all the way around.

Yeah im a little wierd with electronics, i notice the slightest imperfections. would be a lot more worried if i paid 500 dollars for the thing. yeah i noticed the same thing with mine about the flush glass, it seems pretty flush with the plastic housing edge all around excpet in the top corner were the headset jack is. on a good note though i was able to remove that peice of dust under the glass in front of the camera by blowing on the edge,lol, i guess thats how it got there in the first place.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    $100.00 for a 16gb Touchpad makes it just about disposable.