Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm a newbie here but I just installed WebOSQuickInstaller on my PC and I was also able to install Preware on my TouchPad. Is there anything that you guys think I should install? Patches? How can I overclock my TP? Thanks in advance!
    I would install the volume increase lite patch. The touchpad volume is a bit soft and this patch is a nice improvement.
    Welcome to precentral. You're gonna have to figure out the overclocking on your own.. Its kind of a reward for those who understand the risk and are proficient enough

And please download prepared homebrew documentation for $1. It helps make homebrew possible

But investigate to consider installing....

- unhide dev mode icon
    - remove tap ripple
    - muffle system logging
    - unthrottle download manager
    - advanced reset options
    - just charge by default
    - remove dropped packet logging
    - max blocker
    - remove clear bookmarks button

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    And for homebrew apps consider:

- save/restore
    - internals pro
    - dr battery
    - netstat

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Just be aware, I have the patch installed too and like it, that when you do this...chances are when you turn to max volume, you will hear distortion both through the 3.5 mm aux jack and main speakers. 1 or 2 notches down works for me.

Sorry for no link but look for a thread titled "My TouchPad seems to be running so fast for some good tips.

These are the patches I have installed:
    Advanced Reset Options
    Autostart Exhibition
    Faster Card Animations HYPER Edition
    Make Advanced Browser Default (found in a thread, not Preware & you need to own that app)
    Muffle System Logging
    Removed Drop Packet Logging
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Patches are all personal preference. I stay away from speaker increasing type apps because I like to max my volume out without having to worry about distortion. Once again, personal preference.

The homebrew catalog of apps and patches will help you personalize your tablet to work the way YOU want it to. Enjoy...

7.    #7  
    Thanks guys! I went through all of your suggestions and download a few patches & applications. Can someone please please please tell me how to overclock?
    You've got to figure that one out..... If I put the instructions up they would come down right away.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    It's EXTREMELY simple to OC. Can I say the stock kernel doesn't support OC? BTW I take it WebOS is based off linux. Is there a distro it's based off of?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    You've got to figure that one out..... If I put the instructions up they would come down right away.

I figured it out! I can do it but I have one last question...do you guys recommend overclocking to 1.5 or 1.7? Will 1.7 drain my battery? What are your experiences? You guys are great.
    You are now part of one of the best communities for any mobile operating system out there. Enjoy. I don't know about 1.7GHz, are you running uberkernel or warthog?

Quote Originally Posted by kdabest9 View Post
    I figured it out! I can do it but I have one last question...do you guys recommend overclocking to 1.5 or 1.7? Will 1.7 drain my battery? What are your experiences? You guys are great.
    Try one and then the other and see what you think. You can always change back to the stock kernel if they aren't working for you. Its not like once you make the choice, you're stuck with it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm using 1.5 uber. I bought two 32GB Touchpads this morning. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    You are now part of one of the best communities for any mobile operating system out there. Enjoy. I don't know about 1.7GHz, are you running uberkernel or warthog?

Haha thanks! I'm running uberkernel and I think I'll just stick with 1.5 to be safe? I don't think I'll notice a very big difference between 1.5 and 1.7
    That's the beauty of it all! It is all very easily adjusted, reversed, reverted or uninstalled with homebrew thanks to Preware.

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Try one and then the other and see what you think. You can always change back to the stock kernel if they aren't working for you. Its not like once you make the choice, you're stuck with it.
    That's true as well. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    One thing I really like about my Android tablet is the thumbs keyboard. Any other keyboards out there for this?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by X10D3 View Post
    One thing I really like about my Android tablet is the thumbs keyboard. Any other keyboards out there for this?
    None that I'm aware of...
    Quote Originally Posted by X10D3 View Post
    Many of us were drooling over this keyboard when we saw it. Here's hoping to someone figuring out something similar for webOS

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    It's a must for my Galaxy tab and my captivate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast