Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. MacBook's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #21  
    Hello guys. I haven't used a webOS device in two years and I was wondering if anyone can remind me how to install preware on my touch pad or even point me to a thread explaining how. Any help will be greatly appreciated..
  2. MacBook's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by X10D3 View Post
    I'm using 1.5 uber. I bought two 32GB Touchpads this morning. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    haha I bought two 32 gig touchpads yesterday morning also... they were $149 at walmart so I couldn't resist.. I also have a Moto Zoom.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBook View Post
    Hello guys. I haven't used a webOS device in two years and I was wondering if anyone can remind me how to install preware on my touch pad or even point me to a thread explaining how. Any help will be greatly appreciated..
    Google search does wonders ;-)

    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  4. MacBook's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Google search does wonders ;-)

    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    wow wasn't expecting that but thanks for your "help" I guess. Love how helpful people are here. lol
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBook View Post
    wow wasn't expecting that but thanks for your "help" I guess. Love how helpful people are here. lol
    You did say point you to a thread....

    1. Download quickinstall
    2. Put device in developer mode
    3. Run quickinstall
    4. Connect by USB and don't let it go into mass storage mode
    5. Download feed information by clicking on globe
    6. Find preware in app list and click install
    7. Take device out of dev mode

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  6. MacBook's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    You did say point you to a thread....

    1. Download quickinstall
    2. Put device in developer mode
    3. Run quickinstall
    4. Connect by USB and don't let it go into mass storage mode
    5. Download feed information by clicking on globe
    6. Find preware in app list and click install
    7. Take device out of dev mode

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    I was actually referring to the "google search" comment. But thanks for your help. Seriously.
  7. #27  
    Can anyone who's installed patches check to see if their scrolling on a list works properly?

    A good place to check is to go to Device Info, then into Default Applications, then try scrolling down the list. See if eventually it shifts up and the last few options in the list are altogether missing unless you hold the scroll down?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastOne View Post
    Can anyone who's installed patches check to see if their scrolling on a list works properly?

    A good place to check is to go to Device Info, then into Default Applications, then try scrolling down the list. See if eventually it shifts up and the last few options in the list are altogether missing unless you hold the scroll down?
    I am not sure this is due to any particular patches. I saw preware doing this in portrait mode before I had any patches installed


    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  9. #29  
    I was pretty sure this was caused by a package, although it could've been something else. Until I installed preware at least I didn't have this issue.
  10. #30  
    Preware itself would not have done this

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  11. #31  
    I've installed WebOS QuickInstall and Preware on several Pres, but on my TouchPad it just isn't installing.

    I'm running Windows 7 - 64bit and the latest WebOS QuickInstall .jar (4.2.3). I beleive I'm following all the instructions: Download and install latest Java version. put device in Dev Mode, run QuickInstall - and that's where things grind to a halt for me.

    The QuickInstall load screen just sits there doing nothing other than changing my cursor to the Palm "Loading" sonar donut icon whenever I drag it over top of it.

    Running a previous version (like 4.1.1) brings up the QuickInstall window, but with zero functionality - can't press any buttons.

    Furthermore, the TouchPad (when plugged in to my computer's USB, does not give the "Just Charge" option. Only "USB Drive" or "Close". I've tried all steps with "Close" as well as without selecting either Close or USB. Same results.

    Any recommendations? Does it have something to do with my OS being 64bit?

    Just tryng to get my UberKernal and Govnah installed.

    Thanks.
  12. #32  
    Reboot everything and try again. Plenty of us have 64bit windows that has nothing to do with it.
  13. #33  
    I've rebooted 3 times already. Or do you mean reboot the TP?
  14. #34  
    Yes, reboot the TP as well. My suggestions are to reboot the touchpad, attempt to get webOS quick install to recognize it. If it doesn't, try plugging the touchpad into a different USB port. If -THAT- doesn't work, ensure you fully enabled developer mode (make sure you made it past the whole "password" section - don't enter a password, just leave it blank and click past it).

    If ALL that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you .

    BTW, my touchpad doesn't say "charging" either when I plug it into the computer - I am pretty sure my USB ports aren't putting out enough juice to charge this thing. That didn't stop me from using webOS quick install, so I'm telling you that's not your issue.
  15. #35  
    Great. I'll try that when i get back home tonight.
  16. #36  
    No dice.

    This is simply not working for me and I can't tell why.

    I've tried every USB port on my machine (TP responds on each plug-in and removal of USB from desktop)

    After connecting USB and being presented with the "USB Drive" or "Close" options, I've tried running QuickInstall (latest version) after selecting "Close" as well as simply not selecting either connection option. Same results each time. QuickInstall cannot find my device.

    My Java is up to date. The Qualcom (or whatever drivers QI likes to install) are there and up to date.

    Should I just try the Palm SDK method of getting Preware installed?
  17. #37  
    Found the issue.

    I had setup a password for Dev Mode earlier. This is what was causing the hang-up. So I just wiped the TP clean and started all over.

    All set now.
  18. #38  


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  19. #39  
    Couple of great sugestions to look into in this thread, Ive already tried a few but am now increasing the list.

    Do the OC setups like uberkernal/Govnah run automatically, or does Govnah need to be open? Also, I not a few folks are using another OC setup, gonna have to do some more reading.

    For now, I installed Govnah and used the 1500 mhz profile, along with disabling the loggin completely.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Touchpad 32GB
  20. #40  
    [QUOTE=vasekvi;3099682][IMG]

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using [url=


    yeah, tell me about it.

    That's EXACTLY how I felt!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions