Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Firstly, let me say that I hope every tp owner who had the bravery to support HP from the start gets money back. I bought and returned but as you can imagine I picked one up again today.

I picked up an open box model and it smells of the homebrew community ;-)

My main app icons are all that of apple... And I don't like it!

I did a full erase and restore and still they remain. I imagine I have to work some sort of homebrew magic to get things back to normal.

I am not looking for detailed instructions because I intend to do the research to get into all this, but if someone could tell me I am on the right track, that would be wonderful.

Thanks guys.
    Maybe someone threw a theme in there???

As for getting it back to stock, that's not hard at all and doesn't require any homebrew "magic". Just look up the webOSdoctor instructions from HP and download and run that. It will wipe everything and set it all back to factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by wingcutter View Post
    Hey guys,

Firstly, let me say that I hope every tp owner who had the bravery to support HP from the start gets money back. I bought and returned but as you can imagine I picked one up again today.

I picked up an open box model and it smells of the homebrew community ;-)

My main app icons are all that of apple... And I don't like it!

I did a full erase and restore and still they remain. I imagine I have to work some sort of homebrew magic to get things back to normal.

I am not looking for detailed instructions because I intend to do the research to get into all this, but if someone could tell me I am on the right track, that would be wonderful.

Thanks guys.
    Full erase does not get into the core OS files. For that you will have to use the webOS "doctor" software to restore the default software image onto it.
    Sounds like you have some sort of theme installed. Very strange. It may be easiest to log into your profile at https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface and download/install the webOS doctor for your TouchPad. That should fix the issue.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    I think he bought an iPad.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks guys! Appreciate the responses.