1.    #1  
    How difficult would it take for HTC to slap webOs on a HTC flyer/puccini tablet?

I know the puccini is not out yet, but its not like they don't have similar hardware? I figured some of you gurus would know. HP's was to LOOOOONG, but HTC and such are pumping themout with Android right now. Can that be tweeked for webos rather quickly? Let us optimists dream for a moment....
    Last edited by Spitfire11; 08/20/2011 at 09:07 PM.
    very difficult, to the point of being impossible
    Devices needs to be built on the same processor that webOS has been built on I believe, along with some other things...the processor webOS is built on is the qualcomm processor
  4.    #4  
    I clarified my question since it was unclear..... I mean for HTC to do this, not just some guru to buy one as is and wedge it in there.

My question is, in the most optimistic of thoughts, say HTC gets a license..... from that point, how long would it take them to get one out considering they make tablets already?

It'd HAVE to be quicker than, "in the coming months", right? Could it be much slower than HP was?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shoichikun808 View Post
    Devices needs to be built on the same processor that webOS has been built on I believe, along with some other things...the processor webOS is built on is the qualcomm processor
    Just did some googling...... 10 '' HTC puccini and touchpad..... looks to be same processor:

1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon processor.... FWIW.
    Probably not overnight. Nokia still hasn't released a WP7 phone, after announcing that they had "spent a lot of time on this already" back in February. Of course, Nokia isn't exactly a poster child for speedy development.
    I dunno. Look how long it took HP to turn the HP slate into a (buggy) palm touchpad. Well over a year I think...
    Last edited by Johncase3; 08/20/2011 at 10:25 PM.
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
  8.    #8  
    This may be obivous, but for webOs to have a chance, they need things to come together quickly. Who gets the license, then how long until they've got something on the shelves. If its me, just get SOMETHING out. Take a page from googles playbook, even if its crappy, get something on the shelves.

I think were so used to HP going so slooooooow, it may not be fast enough to save it, but form my uninformed point of view it has to be faster if you've got something similar on the shelves right now.

If they can get webos on the ipad in the lab in the last few months or whatever....

http://www.pdfdevices.com/webos-on-i...n-hp-touchpad/

Why not put it on an HTC the same way?

As HP said, most their costs were in hardware dev. Thats been done at HTC and Samsung, theyre not starting from scratch. If its takes a few weeks to announce a license, then a couple of months to announce the basic for, then ???? to get it done. By then webOs 3.XXX could be out by then and it gets better reviews and works really well.

A lot of things have to align, of course, but its really the only way/roadmap I see that allows webOs to survive. For us optimists, any of these pieces not happen, then it is REALLY done.
    Not quite the same thing, but related
    Touchdroid --Android for the HP Touchpad