Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PHANTOM_PAIN
  • 1 Post By Xadion
  1.    #1  
    I got my TouchPad for $50!! *I pre ordered my TouchPad 32gig for $599 at Amazon. *The got a $50 rebate for being a legacy WebOS user. *Then when the price dropped, I got a $50 App Catalog credit. *I just got off the phone with Amazon, and they issued me a $450 credit!! *NOW THAT IS A DEAL!
    bignoze likes this.
    Seriously? Can you provide any details, did they put up a fight? Calling now.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    bing!
    Not what happened to me, I just called anything prior to 8/12 can return for refund, no price match.
    Last edited by mikevember; 08/20/2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Liar, I just called anything prior to 8/12 can return for refund, no price match.
    Call them and mention that you had heard they were giving price credits for people past their 21 day return because of the special circumstances with the TouchPad suddenly being discontinued. Also be calm and curdious to the person on the line, that tends to help when trying to talk people into helping out.
    I just called, same as the poster above me. No refund allowed for purchases after 8/12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Call them and mention that you had heard they were giving price credits for people past their 21 day return because of the special circumstances with the TouchPad suddenly being discontinued. Also be calm and curdious to the person on the line, that tends to help when trying to talk people into helping out.
    Did you get a refund?
  8.    #8  
    Hello,

I've requested a refund of $450.00 to your Amazon.com Store Card.

You'll see the refund on your statement in the next 2-3 business days. *

Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund request here

I spoke with a Amazon rep just a few hours ago to get my refund. I started the conversations, "Greetings, I just off the phone with HP and they informed me to contact the place of purchase for a refund". She gave me the same line about the Aug 12th date. I said that is not what HP said! HP said that forwarded the documents that pertains to issue the partial refund. The rep put me on hold for about 5min. She came back and said the Aug date again. I was very persistent and offered to contact HP and conf in. The Amazon rep put me on hold and was going to ask for permission. After being on hold for 5+min, she was able to issue $450 refund!

btw, do not call me a liar!
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM_PAIN View Post
    Hello,

I spoke with a Amazon rep just a few hours ago to get my refund. I started the conversations, "Greetings, I just off the phone with HP and they informed me to contact the place of purchase for a refund". She gave me the same line about the Aug 12th date. I said that is not what HP said! HP said that forwarded the documents that pertains to issue the partial refund. The rep put me on hold for about 5min. She came back and said the Aug date again. I was very persistent and offered to contact HP and conf in. The Amazon rep put me on hold and was going to ask for permission. After being on hold for 5+min, she was able to issue $450 refund!

I'm going to try again, hopefully I have better luck this time....
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    this is what the early adoptors deserve_ imo a 50$ touchpad!

hope it works out for more of u
    BeckeyJane likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I'm going to try again, hopefully I have better luck this time....
    Also say, HP is now including all orders' Best Buy and other retailer are following suit.
    Also say, HP is now including all orders' Best Buy and other retailer are following suit.
    Yeah, I included that. I had to escalate to a supervisor, who said he will "go to work" for me and contact everyone who needs to be contacted and try to take care of this for me. As of right now, he has to stand firm with their position. It's really frustrating, and I don't blame Amazon at all. I just wished that this would be easier to take care of. My main points were:

1. It seems that every retailer except Amazon is honoring this right now
    2. It seems that it has been done before for Amazon customers in the same situation as me.
    3. HP has indicated that this should be for all Touchpad customers.

I hope to have a good resolution soon.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Amazon price matched my order that i placed this morning before they took them off their site.

sorry to those who haven't had any luck. I would keep trying.
    Hello,

I'm sorry, this whole thing is just frustrating. I changed my post. Thanks for your contributions.