Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    So I bought a touchpad today and I can't activate it. Everytime I try to create the account it pops up and says my account cannot be created. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Maybe they are too busy now with all these new Touchpad's being sold.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    demo models wont work
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mge091 View Post
    So I bought a touchpad today and I can't activate it. Everytime I try to create the account it pops up and says my account cannot be created. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by AdidasNYR View Post
    demo models wont work
    This is most likely the issue.

If you bought a demo model, my suggestion would be to take it back where you came from, and demand immediate replacement or full refund
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Is there a work around? I bought a demo and figured it wouldn't be a problem. Now it looks like it will be. Can it be reflashed? Or somehow turn the demo mode off?

Cheers
    The demo models can't be doctored?
    I just picked up a new 32GB Touchpad today that happened to be a demo unit and tried running webOS doctor on it. Everything seems to run fine until I get to the point where it asks to connect it to the PC, but "next" is greyed out. I've tried restarting the Windows service and even tried putting it in USB mode by holding volume up while plugging it in. After doing that, the thing doesn't even turn on at all (just completely black) and when plugged into my computer it detects it as "QHSUSB_DLOAD" when searching for drivers (which it can't find).

In the command line all I get is "INFO: got devices 0"

Any ideas?
    Your device has to be off first. Then connect by USB while holding the up button.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    That's what I did. Now the thing doesn't turn on at all even though it didn't get me any further with webOS doctor
    And which version might you have?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    What about existing existing webOS profiles? If I purchased it now (I think I have a lead on where I can obtain a display unit) would I be able to load my existing profile?
    Put another way, has anyone purchased display/demo units and had problems?
    Find answers here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3080024

It seems existing accounts won't even work on demo units. The only way is to call HP and beg, number on that thread
    For those of us who took the DEMO units and ran webOS Doctor to try and wipe the DEMO software off; I made a set of instructions that outline how to do what chekz did to get passed the account registration screen which doesn't let us move forward:

HP TouchPad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation

Many Many thanks to checkz for helping me/us discover this....
    For those of us who took the DEMO units and ran webOS Doctor to try and wipe the DEMO software off; I made a set of instructions that outline how to do what chekz did to get passed the account registration screen which doesn't let us move forward:

HP TouchPad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation

Many Many thanks to checkz for helping me/us discover this....
    Hey can you able to login in webos account now?
    Thanks advance.
    Last edited by lovedonttime13; 08/22/2011 at 02:40 AM.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewR View Post
    That's what I did. Now the thing doesn't turn on at all even though it didn't get me any further with webOS doctor
    I'm having the exact problem. Was working fine, now doesn't turn on at all, when connecting via usb just get the same 'QHSUSB_DLOAD' thing.
    Were you able to solve it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lomna View Post
    I'm having the exact problem. Was working fine, now doesn't turn on at all, when connecting via usb just get the same 'QHSUSB_DLOAD' thing.
    Were you able to solve it?
    I had the same problem too. This is what I did to fix it:

Trigger a restart

1. Press and hold Power.

2. While still holding down Power, press and hold Center until the HP logo appears (about 15 seconds)

3. Shout WOOHOO!!!
    It did come on! Thank you so much, got really scared!
    What exactly causes that problem to occur?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast