Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 140
Like Tree130Likes
  1. #61  
    I believe it when I see it.
    I just want to casually throw you this bone here: HTC and Samsung both have an event scheduled on Sept 1. Samsung in Berlin and HTC in London.
    Last edited by johnnygewitter; 08/21/2011 at 04:21 AM.
  2. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    I believe it when I see it.
    I just want to casually throw you this bone here: HTC and Samsung both have an event scheduled on Sept 1. Samsung in Berlin and HTC in London.
    Ice-cream sandwich devices - the Android crowd are rushing them to make to try and beat the possible launch date of the iphone.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Ice-cream sandwich devices - the Android crowd are rushing them to make to try and beat the possible launch date of the iphone.
    We don't know that - but, yeah I'm with you, probably new Android devices, Nexus Prime and such...
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo-filter View Post
    Good way to get some likes, I guess, posting a fantasy like this.

    Hopefully something like this will happen, though.
    You are a troll for posting this. Call me out and show your proof. Lets see it? You've been here since this month. Please provide some proof or evidence to back up your statements.
    Last edited by rstark; 08/21/2011 at 04:49 AM.
  5. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    You are a troll for posting this. Call me out and show your proof. Lets see it? You've been here since this month. Please provide some proof or evidence to back up your statements.
    Nobody in the webos business unit know it was killing the hardware until they read it in the press release - yet a minimum wage sales rep has the inside track?

    As frank used to sing "use your mentality, come back to reality".

    Maybe someone will buy webos or license it but that this guy knows anything? I doubt it.

    Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    ShiftyAxel likes this.
  6. Clay333's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #66  
    why doesn't google just go ahead and purchase webOS? I can see it happening. I love my new touchpad even tho I am a true android fan. But could you imagine the functionality of Android combined with the sleekness of webOS? Cards and widgets on the homescreens, the sleek HP style notifications, and then HTC sense on top of it. That would be my dream phone/tab.
  7. #67  
    If google bought webos from hp, it would really be the end for sure. They wouldn't develop it, they would just be buying the patent portfolio and intellectual property.

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by clay333 View Post
    why doesn't google just go ahead and purchase webOS? I can see it happening. I love my new touchpad even tho I am a true android fan. But could you imagine the functionality of Android combined with the sleekness of webOS? Cards and widgets on the homescreens, the sleek HP style notifications, and then HTC sense on top of it. That would be my dream phone/tab.
    For me that would be an abomination.
    TheX-Man and ShiftyAxel like this.
  9. #69  
    If Palm or HP were in the restaurant business, they would sell "Wish Sandwiches."
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    If Palm or HP were in the restaurant business, they would sell "Wish Sandwiches."
    If they were in the restaurant business the plates would be cracked on the edges, the water glasses would be way too small, and the people would be waiting forever for their food and not get it.

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    sinsin07 likes this.
  11. #71  
    agreed. anyone that has an os... apple, google, rimm, ms... if they bought it, webos is dead. they have invested too much in their current os and their is nothing they want out of it.

    think of it... they will not support two os' so the tp you have is dead on future support. they will not drop their current platform for webos. they are not going take the whole 'look' of webos over their own look that their existing base is used to. they might take a couple of visual ques but it will never look like webos.

    apple ios5 has a new notification system already. you can see already that they have been playing with gestures and may see them in future os'... other companies are already making changes regardless if they have webos.

    the only way webos lives and stays true to form... if goes to a company like samsung or htc. honestly i dont think they want to deal with creating an ecosystem for it and know its a losing/uphill battle against androids and apples ecosystem. if hp spent and lost a lot... they will have to expect a huge investment also.

    eh. we'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    If google bought webos from hp, it would really be the end for sure. They wouldn't develop it, they would just be buying the patent portfolio and intellectual property.

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  12. #72  
    Here is what we have so far if you think of all this in a logical and money making way.

    HP is getting out of hardware except printers. Hardware is loosing money.
    HP is holding onto WebOS for a reason. Another hardware maker?
    HP took a hit of 20% stock lose. See future gains? Where? Printers can't talk to printers. Enterprise will only go so far. They need to control the cloud. Back to hardware that needs that cloud. Another hardware manufacture?
    We know webOS could be used to run on many different products. IE appliances, smart TVs vehicles, home automation. Something big seems to be going on here.
    Samsung has been in talks with HP. They make most of the products we use today. Imagine if they could get everything they make to talk to each other and have access to all your information in the cloud. They will have realtime feedback.

    As I said it all comes down to money. If we start thinking in this manor we have something. There is no way HP, Samsung or any other wants to die off in this competitive market. Everyone is looking for that one thing that will make customers want only their product.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    capt4chris likes this.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    agreed. anyone that has an os... apple, google, rimm, ms... if they bought it, webos is dead. they have invested too much in their current os and their is nothing they want out of it.

    think of it... they will not support two os' so the tp you have is dead on future support. they will not drop their current platform for webos. they are not going take the whole 'look' of webos over their own look that their existing base is used to. they might take a couple of visual ques but it will never look like webos.

    apple ios5 has a new notification system already. you can see already that they have been playing with gestures and may see them in future os'... other companies are already making changes regardless if they have webos.

    the only way webos lives and stays true to form... if goes to a company like samsung or htc. honestly i dont think they want to deal with creating an ecosystem for it and know its a losing/uphill battle against androids and apples ecosystem. if hp spent and lost a lot... they will have to expect a huge investment also.

    eh. we'll see.
    I got your point but you forget one very important thing! Google bought Motorola. Yes, they said they will not lock android for only Motorola but do you really believe google so stupid like HP to spend 12 billion for nothing? They will support and give best to motorola and not same will be for Samsung, HTC or even LG. Those three big companies left without OS, yes they will continue with Android but they will not be same track like Motorola any more.

    They need new OS and new OS just came up from nowhere - its WebOS!
  14. #74  
    Everyone who keeps talking about Android keeps ignoring the current legal position of the OS. It's tenuous at best. And I can guarantee that the Android partners aren't happy about 1) no legal cover from Google, 2) loosing lawsuits to Apple and MS, 3) paying royalties to MS (which means Android is NOT free!), and 4) that Google is now a competitor to them (oh...sure...Google has no intention to compete with them using Moto Mobiliy...nah!!...wouldn't happen...where's that bridge listing again?).

    Samsung, HTC, and LG are looking at alternatives for a reason. After all, why would Samsung even bother when you consider how successful Android is? Really? Think about it. If the webOS licensing terms are good, you WILL see other hardware manufacturers try. Especially after all of these TouchPads sell and create strong demand for further webOS development and for phones to pair up with the tablets.
    jetsetter883 likes this.
  15. #75  
    google bought motorola for their patents... that's what google said so you kinda take their word for it.

    many have said they spent too much. google has too much cash and it happens.

    i think the microsoft/nokia deal wasnt the best either. we'll see.

    we'll see what google does with the hardware part... whether they go into hardware themselves or sell it off? others have mentioned motorola's set-top box may be useful in google-tv so that could have added value to google.

    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    I got your point but you forget one very important thing! Google bought Motorla. Yes, they said they will not lock android for only Motorola but do you really believe google so stupid like HP to spend 12 billion for nothing? They will support and give best to motorola and not same will be for Samsung, HTC or even LG. Those three big companies left without OS, yes they will continue with Android but they will not be same track like Motorola any more.

    They need new OS and new OS just came up from nowere - its WebOS!
  16. dec
    dec is offline
    dec's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    #76  
    hopeful . . . but pass me the salt shaker! I'd love to see webOS on TECH companies with some true leadership ~
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    HP is getting out of hardware except printers. .
    However, this has been sensationalised by the media...they didn't say this.

    The only concrete thing they said about hardware was that they would stop making webOS hardware. Internally the PC business was already being restructured and now the board have given the approval to look at 3 options for PC hardware. Spin off, operate as a separate company or retain as currently.

    Personally I think they should licence webOS to Samsung/HTC for an exclusive period to produce tablets and phones. Then create a separate company for consumer PCs under the ENVY brand and produce really high end, high margin kit like Apple. They should continue making enterprise hardware under the HP brand.

    In the future if the webOS eco system is a success they can build consumer and enterprise notebooks and tablets running win8 with webos as an app.
  18. #78  
    But I think you are missing one important question: Why would Samsung, HTC, etc choose webOS OVER Windows Phone? WP has a ton more apps, a larger ecosystem, and a desktop OS that compliments it.

    Unless HP is undercutting MS, I don't see how webOS is going to look more appealing than Windows Phone.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    But I think you are missing one important question: Why would Samsung, HTC, etc choose webOS OVER Windows Phone? WP has a ton more apps, a larger ecosystem, and a desktop OS that compliments it.

    Unless HP is undercutting MS, I don't see how webOS is going to look more appealing than Windows Phone.
    Because WebOS will easily work/adapt to any product, not just phones or pads.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    treal likes this.
  20. #80  
    whoever buys webos... they know it will be next to impossible to get developers on board.

    it would be interesting if you had all the major manufacturers just join and buy the patents together like they did with nortel patents.

    they'd probably save a ton of money suing each other all the time and concentrate on making their products. they can keep suing each other on newer patents

    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    But I think you are missing one important question: Why would Samsung, HTC, etc choose webOS OVER Windows Phone? WP has a ton more apps, a larger ecosystem, and a desktop OS that compliments it.

    Unless HP is undercutting MS, I don't see how webOS is going to look more appealing than Windows Phone.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions