Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcohengd
  1.    #1  
    Guys I have a gut feeling best buy is going to start selling their Touchpads. Just in a store in central NJ and they were lying through their teeth. First said that they were already sent back. I pushed more and he then said they would ring up for 10 grand and asked if I wanted to pay that much. I sarcastically said yes. I then questioned how he could ring it up if there were none in the store and he said they were in the back packaged up and ready to be sent. He said they would be sent on Tuesday.

long story short it sounds like they still aren't sure what to do with them but on the slickdeals forums people are having success buying them from best buy.

let us precentral devotees band together and get this thread started here so the people that actually love webOS can get one. Screw those slickdealers 90 percent want to resell on ebay.

Bridgewater NJ = no dice yet
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I just bought two from the best buy in Salem NH. It was a mad dash in that place. Employee said BB decided 1 hour ago to start selling them at the discounted price.
    I returned mine to Best Buy today and they didn't have any in stock either. I was told HP took them all this morning. I ended up getting an iPad 2 instead and I am liking it so far but the OS is definitely not as nice as webOS. I keep trying to swipe apps to minimize them.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adrand View Post
    I just bought two from the best buy in Salem NH. It was a mad dash in that place. Employee said BB decided 1 hour ago to start selling them at the discounted price.
    Good call and many thanks. Long story short: went to BB this morning and they wouldnt sell. Saw your post, called, and hurried there. Got one for my wife. Hit your local BB tomorrow morning!
    I used to believe in HP
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I just bought 3 of them at best buy lol...They are supposedly selling 1 per customer, but I got another 2.

Supposedly I came 10 minutes after they have put them out...Which was around at 5:30 PDT....Their were atleast 20 of them near the cash register.

They said you can't return them or anything lol.
    Last edited by SavageAcE; 08/20/2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageAcE View Post

They said you can return them or anything lol.
    CAN? The distinctly said CANNOT here.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    CAN? The distinctly said CANNOT here.
    Good catch, meant can't, you guys knew that all ready tho em I rite?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Guys I have a gut feeling best buy is going to start selling their Touchpads. Just in a store in central NJ and they were lying through their teeth. First said that they were already sent back. I pushed more and he then said they would ring up for 10 grand and asked if I wanted to pay that much. I sarcastically said yes. I then questioned how he could ring it up if there were none in the store and he said they were in the back packaged up and ready to be sent. He said they would be sent on Tuesday.

long story short it sounds like they still aren't sure what to do with them but on the slickdeals forums people are having success buying them from best buy.

let us precentral devotees band together and get this thread started here so the people that actually love webOS can get one. Screw those slickdealers 90 percent want to resell on ebay.

Bridgewater NJ = no dice yet
    Nailed this...

BBY - HP TouchPad FAQs - Best Buy: Unboxed
    Quills likes this.
    good lookin' jcohengd...saw that on webosroundup...anticipate campers at BB tonight.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    This fire sale is getting wild

Ran to my BB at 9:30pm and found 4 people surrounding a BB employee quizzing her about the touchpad. She told everyone they would have them out at 10am tomorrow. I have two on order from HP but I might drop by to check out the crowd and try to score a touchstone.