Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I recently tried to purchase a touchpad but everyone seems to be sold out. one of my local retailers sold me their demo unit which has a demo version of webos. is there any way to flash this tablet to a stock version of webos?
    palm.com/rom and run the correct version of webos doctor. Follow directions to start with device powered off, hold volume button while plugging it in when prompted.
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar
    Download, run, you're good to go.
  4.    #4  
    fantastic!it is flashing as i type. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystiksinner View Post
    fantastic!it is flashing as i type. Thanks.
    don't get too excited ;(

impossible to create a webos account with these demo models, after flashing the non demo rom

can someone with a non-demo serial id model create a few extra accounts and give to us poor devils with demo models?
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Why on earth did you buy a demo unit? The retailer that sold you a demo is just wrong.
    Running around town all day asking at stores, calling other stores... all sold out. finally a store says they have one last unit, it is a demo but is in 100% perfect condition (kept behind glass), why would you hesitate?
    nothing special about the demo units. Run webOS doctor as instructed above, and you are all set.
    If there is nothing special about a demo unit, then tell me how to create a webOS account.
    Every time I hit "Create" (yes I already web doctor flashed a consumer standard non-demo rom to it) --- I get the error:
    "We are unable to create an account for you. Please try again in a few minutes or contact HP for help resolving the problem. Visit http://hpwebos.com/support for more information."

And all my websearches have people saying that they call HP and HP says they will not activate it because it is a demo unit = cannot create a webOS account = cannot use device AT ALL.
  9.    #9  
    HP support gave me a phone number for retail support and was told they can help me unlock it. I called the number but they were closed so i will try calling again during normal business hours.
    HP support gave me a phone number for retail support and was told they can help me unlock it. I called the number but they were closed so i will try calling again during normal business hours.
    I found this page by Google -- so a lot of people will be looking for that number!

Could you pleeeeease post it? Thank you sir!!!
  11.    #11  
    1-866-477-3824. Not sure if i was supposed to give this out but i figure if enough people blow up this number, they'll unlock these demo devices just to get us to stop calling.
    1-866-477-3824. Not sure if i was supposed to give this out but i figure if enough people blow up this number, they'll unlock these demo devices just to get us to stop calling.
    Thanks a lot!

If you were given the number by merely calling, all you've done is saved them a lot of extraneous calls to the wrong place and saved a lot of us having to make 2 calls.
    I have the same issue, but I do have an old palm account. It won't allow me to login
    Chatted with hp rep. I'll get a callback tommorrow. He didn't seem to know anything about a lockout of demo devices.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Has more than one person confirmed webOS doctor doesn't fix the issue? No offense intended to the op, but sometimes it helps to have someone else try...
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Has more than one person confirmed webOS doctor doesn't fix the issue? No offense intended to the op, but sometimes it helps to have someone else try...
    I just doctored to 3.02
    I can't login at all and get past the setup
    Doctoring "works" insofar as it installs consumer ROM.

BUT, the problem is you can't get past registration.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    *sigh*

Thats because the Serial Numbers are Tied to Demo units , hence no accounts can be created on them.

HP would have to clear the S/N from the Demo system , to allow it , as far as whether they will or not , thats up to HP , so far , i have seen that they will not.

But your more than welcome to try,
  19.    #19  
    none taken. webos doctor works fine, the problem is none of these demo devices can log in to webos account (or create new one). I do know that the device is communicating wit hp because i mis-typed my password and the error message said incorrect password. once i corrected the password the error message said "we are unable to log you in..." I'm guessing hp has a block on these demo unit serial numbers, hopefully they will release the lock now that the demo units are out in the real world.
    Last edited by mystiksinner; 08/20/2011 at 11:38 PM.
    I guess if they won't allow us to sign in or create a profile, our next bet is metadoctor?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast