Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by mystiksinner View Post
    I just talked to retail support and they told me that they are currently working on a solution. They have nothing yet but because of the fact that so many retailers sold their demo units, they are going to try and find a way to make them work.
    pretty much the same thing i was just told...
  2. #62  
    im trying to do the developers work around on my demo pad but the command prompt keeps saying thats java is not an executable external or internal command... what am i missing?
  3. #63  
    You have to be sure that you're in the same directory as the devicetool.jar

    If you're in c:/docments and settings, but the java file is on your desktop, you have to first cd/ to the directory.
  4. #64  
    im sorry im new at this. i have the java file on my desktop. how do i change the command prompt to the desktop?
  5. #65  
    I don't know what the filepath of the desktop is off hand, but you would enter
    cd/desktop if that was the file path.
    It's easier to shove it to your c: (at the root), so enter cd/
    and it will go to the root of that drive.

    Then enter the commands java -jar ....
  6.    #66  
    It works! Successful login to my webos account, setup complete, device is restarting, good to go!
  7. #67  
    Were you able to bypass the login screen or were you able to actually log-in to your HP webos account?
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by mystiksinner View Post
    It works! Successful login to my webos account, setup complete, device is restarting, good to go!
    your demo let you log in to a webOS account?
  9. #69  
    yes my demo just let me log in too! woo hoo! peeeeeeeeeeoople the demos are unlocked! rush to the stores and buy them.
  10. 44
    44 is offline
    44's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    #70  
    I just got off the phone with HP Support. I spoke with 3 different people, all told the same story to me. Demo units either are not capable of making WebOS accounts or are not allowed to make accounts. There is no plan to change this. The demo units cannot be sent in and swapped out with non-demo units. The only recourse of action is to return it to the store purchased for a refund.


    I would suggest everyone with demo units call fairly regularly and cordially request help. Hopefully, they will tire of us and appease us.

    800-474-6836
    866-477-3824
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by 44 View Post
    I just got off the phone with HP Support. I spoke with 3 different people, all told the same story to me. Demo units either are not capable of making WebOS accounts or are not allowed to make accounts. There is no plan to change this. The demo units cannot be sent in and swapped out with non-demo units. The only recourse of action is to return it to the store purchased for a refund.


    I would suggest everyone with demo units call fairly regularly and cordially request help. Hopefully, they will tire of us and appease us.

    800-474-6836
    866-477-3824
    not true! my demo jsut let me create a profile right now. restarted and now d/l the updates to OS, fully operational including app store
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
    Were you able to bypass the login screen or were you able to actually log-in to your HP webos account?
    never tried the bypass. Got logged in to my own webos account. Looks like HP lifted the block on the serial number. Not sure if they released all or if it's a case by case thing.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by mystiksinner View Post
    never tried the bypass. Got logged in to my own webos account. Looks like HP lifted the block on the serial number. Not sure if they released all or if it's a case by case thing.
    crap i left my touchpad at home, cmon 4pm
  14. class01's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by mystiksinner View Post
    never tried the bypass. Got logged in to my own webos account. Looks like HP lifted the block on the serial number. Not sure if they released all or if it's a case by case thing.
    so you had to doctor it first?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by class01 View Post
    so you had to doctor it first?
    I did. don't have to but that's the best way to get rid of the demo software.
  16. class01's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #76  
    hahaaa,thanks alot. i doctored it and signed up for WebOS account!
  17. #77  
    I'm so freaking happy I don't know what to say!!!

    I despised HP as a company after my laptop had an Nvidia that melted down and made the most expensive laptop I have ever owned a useless brick within 1 year (usually I keep them 4 year+)... But... unlocking demo devices within 1 day of firesale! OMG. I may give them a forgiveness chance... !!!
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by parasitius View Post
    I'm so freaking happy I don't know what to say!!!

    I despised HP as a company after my laptop had an Nvidia that melted down and made the most expensive laptop I have ever owned a useless brick within 1 year (usually I keep them 4 year+)... But... unlocking demo devices within 1 day of firesale! OMG. I may give them a forgiveness chance... !!!
    I agree, however, I really like webOS and I'm little frustrated that that Hp purchased webOS only to turn around and kill it.
  19. #79  
    Im a Manager for Radio shack and bought a demo and Im happy to say that after I flashed the 3.02 and signed in with an existing webos account, it did accept it after all. Awesome! Im going on the hunt for other store's that might have one.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondjoshua View Post
    Im a Manager for Radio shack and bought a demo and Im happy to say that after I flashed the 3.02 and signed in with an existing webos account, it did accept it after all. Awesome! Im going on the hunt for other store's that might have one.
    rumor has it the demo units are no longer sellable in the pos.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions