Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #41  
    yea i added the missing image file, was a pain in the *** to find lol. Give me 5 mins and it will be up.
  2. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #42  
    Damn. Office Depot lists the demos in their system at $9,999 even today to prevent anyone from selling them.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  3. #43  
    ok this is the file....just unzip it and its in there. Follow the palm/hp instructions. Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe

    p.s.
    i thought you guys were over reacting when you guys were saying that the uberkernel made a difference...but damn!!
  4. #44  
    hmm strange..
    the last message I get is rebooting device and the device hangs on the HP logo
    I've tried to reset with the 2 button push and it reverts back to the opening screen.
    Am I missing a step?
  5. #45  
    Is this whole mess of the demo units tied only to serial number? I noticed that someone mentioned that they were doctoring version 3.02. I got a unit that was on display, had the demo tag on it, but was also assigned as a display by the store and it is a version 3.00 device. Is there a chance that it might not be an actual demo unit?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
    hmm strange..
    the last message I get is rebooting device and the device hangs on the HP logo
    I've tried to reset with the 2 button push and it reverts back to the opening screen.
    Am I missing a step?
    Reid-o when you were inside the cmd it didnt give you any errors? Mines was on the hp screen for about 2 minutes and then it went straight to the home screen.....also did you already doctored to 3.0.2?
  7. #47  
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html

    that worked!!! just cant download apps, my webos account is Dr. Skipped Firstuse
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    Is this whole mess of the demo units tied only to serial number? I noticed that someone mentioned that they were doctoring version 3.02. I got a unit that was on display, had the demo tag on it, but was also assigned as a display by the store and it is a version 3.00 device. Is there a chance that it might not be an actual demo unit?
    you will know as soon as it turns on the demo will start and check for update on the top right corner.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by clo000 View Post
    that worked!!! just cant download apps, my webos account is Dr. Skipped Firstuse
    great!
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by chekz View Post
    you will know as soon as it turns on the demo will start and check for update on the top right corner.
    I see... So my unit is a demo but I just checked through my system and under accounts I found out that...
    Quote Originally Posted by clo000 View Post
    my webos account is Dr. Skipped Firstuse

    So now I am royally befuddled. It has demo software on there but I already have the doctored account name.... Can someone point me in the direction of an Android hack? Does that exist yet? Idk yet...
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    I see... So my unit is a demo but I just checked through my system and under accounts I found out that...



    So now I am royally befuddled. It has demo software on there but I already have the doctored account name.... Can someone point me in the direction of an Android hack? Does that exist yet? Idk yet...
    not yet but look into putting it in developer mode and deleting the demo software.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    I see... So my unit is a demo but I just checked through my system and under accounts I found out that...



    So now I am royally befuddled. It has demo software on there but I already have the doctored account name.... Can someone point me in the direction of an Android hack? Does that exist yet? Idk yet...
    first you need to doctor it to 3.02

    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar
    Download, run, you're good to go

    then bypass

    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html
  13. #53  
    Okay it worked. I don't know what happened, but I decided to re-doctor it again and it went through.
    That seems to be the case with every webos device I've had. The flash tool will make it partially through but not all the way. This usually freaks me out because on any other device it means you're fxked. Oh wells...it's better than bricking the device.
    Thanks Chekz!!!
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by clo000 View Post
    first you need to doctor it to 3.02

    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar
    Download, run, you're good to go
    first link 404'd me. is that the download file you're posting?
  15. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
    Okay it worked. I don't know what happened, but I decided to re-doctor it again and it went through.
    That seems to be the case with every webos device I've had. The flash tool will make it partially through but not all the way. This usually freaks me out because on any other device it means you're fxked. Oh wells...it's better than bricking the device.
    Thanks Chekz!!!
    yea i figured it was something like that. and no problem im glad your up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    first link 404'd me. is that the download file you're posting?
    diamond_jigsaw make sure you use the devicetool i uploaded or you will get an error message. Also before you do this understand that you wont be able to download from hp store unless hp clears our serials and then we will have to redoctor to 3.0.2.
  16. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by chekz View Post
    ok this is the file....just unzip it and its in there. Follow the palm/hp instructions. Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe

    p.s.
    i thought you guys were over reacting when you guys were saying that the uberkernel made a difference...but damn!!

    i made a set of instructions that outline how to do what chekz did:

    HP TouchPad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation

    Many Many thanks to checkz for helping me/us discover this....
  17. #58  
    just got off the phone with hp, they said we should return those demo units..there isn't a fix for this issue (creating or logging in with webos account)
    ERROR CODE: PalmS3036

    i just did the bypass and using it that way, kinda stinks we cant download apps
    Last edited by clo000; 08/22/2011 at 10:06 AM.
  18. #59  
    well chekz im at work so i cant try the fix right now. I did try calling the retail support number and its going to a recording sayin theyre experinecing technical difficulties... I was wondering if i do the fix with the preware thing can i d/l a facebook and twitter app. Thats all i want this for.... lol
  19.    #60  
    I just talked to retail support and they told me that they are currently working on a solution. They have nothing yet but because of the fact that so many retailers sold their demo units, they are going to try and find a way to make them work.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions