View Poll Results: What alternative tablet platform are you considering?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android Honeycomb Tablet

5 26.32%
  • Blackberry Playbook

4 21.05%
  • Windows 7 Tablet

2 10.53%
  • Apple iPad

8 42.11%
  1.    #1  
    Personally I'm currently alternating between my personal TB and my Playbook for work. The QNX OS is quite nice and similar to WebOS (perhaps a bit blatantly so).
    I moved on quite some time ago, and love my Asus Transformer. Along with the keyboard dock, it's highly recommended.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I moved on quite some time ago, and love my Asus Transformer. Along with the keyboard dock, it's highly recommended.
    The transformer does look nice, as does the slider. Hopefully someone puts WebOS on something like it someday.
    I was aiming Acer Iconia tab but because this firasales, I've postponed my purchase.
    Iconia is reasonably priced, with hdmi out and usb port with host option (you can attach external hdd or usb stick and mount it), micro sd slot, rear camera and GPS. It runs Android Honeycomb. This HW features combined with doc editing, PPTP VPN support and RDP suport makes it not only good home entertainment device but also decent business device. But again, if I manage to find $99 Touchpad I can settle with some couch browsing via Touchpad, and still use my notebooks for other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I was aiming Acer Iconia tab but because this firasales, I've postponed my purchase.
    Iconia is reasonably priced, with hdmi out and usb port with host option (you can attach external hdd or usb stick and mount it), micro sd slot, rear and GPS. It runs Android Honeycomb. This HW features combined with doc editing, PPTP VPN support and RDP suport makes it not only good home entertainment device but also decent business device. But again, if I manage to find $99 Touchpad I can settle with some couch browsing via Touchpad, and still use my notebooks for other things.
    I'm hoping to get my money back from Best Buy for my day one purchase of a 32 gb Touchpad just in enough time to buy two 32gb Touchpads for $300. Sounds weird but I love the device (and hate HP). My wife push me towards getting another one this morning because last night I was done with the Touchpad. $300 is not bad for two e-readers and as long as the app catalog chugs along I will be happy. God I hate HP for causing this mess but at least there is a silver lining in it for me. My wife's been bugging me about getting her one since day one.
    Went to Sam's Club today and they politely refunded the difference between my purchase price and the firesale price. It's a tremendous value at $149, so if I can use it productively for the next 12-18 months, I can't complain. Hopefully by then there will be new products to evaluate. I don't like Android in its current state, but in 12-18 months, who knows?????
    Need to add an option: Windows 8. While it won't be out until next year, it'll be a major contender.