1.    #1  
    i just got a touchpad in the deal today and before I take the plastic off I was wondering if some veteran users might be able to comment on the scratch resistance or lack thereof. Does it do a pretty good job or should I leave the factory plastic on it until I can get a screen protector?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    It depends if you have a case for it. I dont have a screen protector but I do have a case which protects it when not in use.

Scratch resistant, NOT scratch proof.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  3.    #3  
    ok. But basically what I want to know is whether fingernails will scratch it. Ive had phones that were scratched by fingernails. Lol
    its gorrila glass so its ipad tough. Same as my pre2, 3mnths and not even a hair of a scratch. You might wanna protect the back tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrak View Post
    ok. But basically what I want to know is whether fingernails will scratch it. Ive had phones that were scratched by fingernails. Lol
    not unless your wolverine they wont
  6.    #6  
    seems like mixed opinions on whether it is truly gorilla glass or not. Since I got such a good deal on the tablet I may break down and pay full price for the HP case lol
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    not unless your wolverine they wont
    haha good answer. So the general vote would be to take the plastic off but get a case?
    had mine (had, mind you, i returned today) since launch day, and never had a single blemish on the screen, let alone a scratch. i bought the HP case on Amazon with credit about two weeks after acquiring the TP at BB, and it was more than enough for protection, i thought. aside from the completely cosmetic tiny cracks that appeared near the speakers on some TPs, the alleged bad build quality of the TP has been grossly exaggerated. i loved the damn thing, and i think you will too.