1.    #1  
    I returned my TP to Best Buy this morning thinking I would be able to find another one for $99 fairly easily. I was wrong... All the stores in the Dallas area have been sold out. I wish Best Buy would have offered a price match instead of a return. I couldn't justify keeping it for $500 when I thought I could get one for $99. Guess I will keep trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by runawayq View Post
    I returned my TP to Best Buy this morning thinking I would be able to find another one for $99 fairly easily. I was wrong... All the stores in the Dallas area have been sold out. I wish Best Buy would have offered a price match instead of a return. I couldn't justify keeping it for $500 when I thought I could get one for $99. Guess I will keep trying.
    I'm in the same boat. :*-( Returned mine and can't find a discounted one.
    Likewise. Somehow this fits in perfectly with the whole stupid experience. Early adopters, i.e., those who believed in webOS *and* HP's ability to pull this whole thing off--really, once the TP was overclocked it performed very nicely (i was undecided about the "performance" patches that had worked well on other devices)--are the ones who may now be left without a TP.

This is without a doubt the strangest tech-buying experience I've ever had. Makes being a Newton owner (which I was) seem like grabbing a burger at McDonald's.
    Pro Tip: Lock down a replacement at your target price BEFORE you return your original item. This applies to any item.
    I did the same returning mine to staples last night, but I was lucky enough to catch one on hp.com I just bought a 16gb off ebay for 125 shipped for my parents. If I find any more elsewhere I'll post here and if I get some extra I'll offer to sell it for the price I paid, we can just meet halfway, I'm in Irving.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the tip! I was just so excited to see that extra $400.00 is my hand that I rushed to Best Buy!
    Quote Originally Posted by runawayq View Post
    There are still a few left in the OKC area, but they're going fast. For the troubles this week has brought, at least app sales will improve nicely.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    woot I was able to snag one of the ones from ebay before they sold out. Datavis.com put a listing up when their site and phones were jammed. extra $20 not big deal to know got one locked down. I'm sure the day the ones coming back from best buy go live on hp.com they will sell out in hours. That ebay listing sold 6,000+ in like 20 mins.
  9.    #9  
    Just went to the Best Buy that I returned my touchpad to but they were sold out. I asked if I could re-buy the Touchpad I had returned and the store manager said no. That it had to be returned to HP. I'm pretty sure it was a crock but I'm gonna try again in the morning and hopefully she wont be there.
  10.    #10  
    I also went to returns to see if it was still there and it was. The manager just refused to sell it back to me.
    It is a crock. I would raise hell till you get your TP back.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums