Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Anyone heard anything about refunds or anything for UK early adopters?
    best guess is we and others will be up that creek without said paddle.
  3. Hem
    Will be trying HP.co.uk first thing on Monday morning. If they say no, I'll be going through my credit card company to see if they can get my money back. Will be returning the TP and may buy again if I can see anything positive happening with webOS in the future.
    rang best buy UK customer service.. Didn't know the TP was discontinued...
    Returned mine to Best Buy UK for a store gift card to the value that I paid for it (and the touchstone charger) really easily. Bought an iPad which I'm using now to write this. All I said was it was "locking up and restarting randomly" they told me "We often return items if people simply aren't happy with it. Very surprised, not used to retailers in the UK being so lenient with returns. They have definitely secured themselves a customer for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hem View Post
    Will be trying HP.co.uk first thing on Monday morning. If they say no, I'll be going through my credit card company to see if they can get my money back. Will be returning the TP and may buy again if I can see anything positive happening with webOS in the future.
    let us know how it goes as I may follow the same
    Touchpads have all but vanished from the HP.co.uk site, almost like they never existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetman View Post
    Touchpads have all but vanished from the HP.co.uk site, almost like they never existed.
    "This page is missing"

I will be very annoyed if we don't get this refund and won't stop at that, I'll be pushing HP in the UK and globally. I don't trust them, expect us to be ignored again.
    Just popped into my local PC World on the way home and asked about a refund.

After a bit of a discussion, a few phone calls and looking up some info on the computer, I walked out the shop with "refund in hand" (well on my credit card actually). RESULT!!!! Over 300 back!!!

I was an early adopter, bought mine for the full price on the second day it was available in the UK. They have an info sheet on the computer about refunds of the touchpad, don't know what the cut off date for purchase/refund is.

So I collected my half price charging dock and skipped all the way home.
    Ive got this email after complaining, so wherever you bought the TP you will get a refund. Me personally walked back to PCworld and the Manager refunded me the difference without a fuss.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting HP WebOs Customer Service.

We understand your frustration and we are looking forward to find a solution to your inquiries.

In regards applications unfortunately, we can only refer you to the developer. They will decide which apps to provide on each country.

Your device will continue to receive support and the WebOS software will continue to be developed.

In regards refunds, HP official response to your request is as follows:

TO ALL HP TOUCHPAD CUSTOMERS: HP is and always will be committed to its customers. Customers who purchased a HP TouchPad between July 1 and August 19 are entitled to a partial refund, we are currently evaluating how to implement this and will update you shortly. Please retain your receipt/ proof of purchase for future reference.

If you have any further questions please contact us again.

Kind Regards,

Ivanna Colonna

HP WebOs Customer Service
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
    It seems that HP has now started refunds for UK early adopters. Hooray!

HP Promotions

I haven't yet tried to process mine because I need to scan my receipt and I'm without scanner at home, but I shall try tomorrow and I'll post how I get on. If anybody goes through the process, please also post.
    I took a photo of my receipt on my Pre3 and uploaded that. They accepted it and my refund is being processed.
    Just reporting back: the refund request went through OK. You will need to have your bank details at hand because it seems that the reimbursement is made directly to a UK bank account.
    Hi
    Did you get your refund, I am having problems they say I am uploading the wrong document, what did your receipt look like?
    Go here and fill in the form.

HP Promotions

Whoops. Someone beet me me to it.
    my refund was paid in yesterday. My receipt was the standard Argos till receipt. HP stipulate that they need the sales invoice showing the store/ company name and address along with the details of the TP. Hope that helps.
    How can you claim for Argos, if they offered the difference? Did you claim a second time but this time with HP?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I got my refund for my Touchpad yesterday as well. Covered the cost of the Pre 3 nicely.
    Thanks, HP.

Andrew
    Argos washed their hands of the rebate in the end and only stuck with HQ protocal. Originally they said yes but then said no, so I complained to HP about the situation and they let me on the rebate scheme.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Got my refund confirmed yesterday as well. Looking forward to the cash arriving in the bank !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast