Page 1 of 55 123456 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is there any way to get one of these heavily reduced TouchPads in the UK?
    I'm in the same boat - trying to see if I can source one in Canada at the moment and have a relative ship it over. I don't see the UK slashing prices to anywhere near the $99 mark. Cheapest i've seen over here is ~280
    feeling a little buggered! I obviously expected to receive a bit of a rimming for being an early adaptor... But I feel like I've invited the navy for a party in my colon, and we ran out of lube!!!
    unless the UK end up with similar prices to the USA (unlikely) then its not worth even whatever reduced price they offer, its only appealign to the americans because the new price makes it marginally more attractive than an ebook reader.

I can hope and pray for a cheap 2/3rd device but chances are slim, not gonan pay over 75quid for one tbh, more would be a kick in the dangley bits for discontinued hardware.
    I too am eagerly awaiting the UK TouchPads to go on similar (understandable if in equivalent direct $1 = 1 conversion) prices in which I would not just buy 1 (and willing to scale price up to 64GB too!), but up to 3 at least.

Please post or pm for any links!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Expecting an update once the HP telesales line opens this morning. Will be calling up and will post more information here as I get it.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.388410,-0.314215
    cheers, I have created a separate thread here for NOTIFICATIONS only, please post any links there

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3084161
    Cheapest I have seen was on Amazon....they were at 250 but looks like they have gone back up again overnight.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    cheers, I have created a separate thread here for NOTIFICATIONS only, please post any links there

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3084161
    Cheers, will post any updates in the thread specified.
    Quote Originally Posted by John21 View Post
    Cheapest I have seen was on Amazon....they were at 250 but looks like they have gone back up again overnight.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294
    yeah, there is still a used '249' on it for 16GB but we should wait for 'official firesale' prices of 100/150 (doubt will be less) for 16/32GB from HP or official Amazon, Curry etc sellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    yeah, there is still a used '249' on it for 16GB but we should wait for 'official firesale' prices of 100/150 (doubt will be less) for 16/32GB from HP or official Amazon, Curry etc sellers.
    Iam really hoping the prices would be about at that level,anything more and we are being duped a little,then again it is all about perceived value in the end.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    It worked out the same as the US in OZ yesterday - around @60 - I think I'm dreaming but I'm hoping for 75 but I think it's more likely to be at least 99 and maybe 150.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    It worked out the same as the US in OZ yesterday - around @60 - I think I'm dreaming but I'm hoping for 75 but I think it's more likely to be at least 99 and maybe 150.
    If they sell at direct conversion, ie 60, I may just go crazy and buy a few! After all, even as 'video viewer', 'photo frame', etc, it's well worth it! A great gift too for those you want to introduce to basic tablet/net use. Never mind all that other webOS goodness.
    75.00 would be superb but more like 150.00 99.00 and i will definitely buy.
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    I wouldn't go above 75 for a dead platform - I want one simply for reading comics - I already have plenty of devices here to surf the net on.
    I wouldn't go above 75 for a dead platform - I want one simply for reading comics - I already have plenty of devices here to surf the net on.
    Lol good point i just want an additional one for my wife,just to justify my original purchase.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi,

Finally made the plunge and registered!

Is the rumoured price announcement going to be made on the HP UK Shop then?

I'm hoping for ac 99 price tag, but no doubt we're going to be stung over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamies90 View Post
    Hi,

Finally made the plunge and registered!

Is the rumoured price announcement going to be made on the HP UK Shop then?

I'm hoping for ac 99 price tag, but no doubt we're going to be stung over here.
    From the rumours yes but anything could happen.
    Which stores are you checking guys?
    I cam checking the HP store for new products (I saw this one BFB368UA
    HP TouchPad (32GB) - max 1 unit per employee which is new but costs the same), bestbuy website, staples website, amazon (in the unlikely event that they reduce the price and currys.

BTW amazon changed their price again. Yesterday it was 307 now it is 312. I'm not talking about the marketplace but the ones sold and dispatch by Amazon.co.uk
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Which stores are you checking guys?
    I've reserved stock at all the Argos and PC world in a 30 mile radius, so that if the price goes down today, I should be able to pick one up.
Page 1 of 55 123456 11 51 ... LastLast