Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lensmann View Post
    The UK Touchpad page seems to be back up, but with the products listed at the full prices:

HP TouchPad | Tablet PC | HP® Official Site

Adding them to the cart gives an "Item not found" error.
    Now it's 404'd again. Perhaps this means that they're going to update prices soon?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lensmann View Post
    Now it's 404'd again. Perhaps this means that they're going to update prices soon?
    I suspect it's simply starting to buckle as word spreads and the "thrifty" keep hiting f5.

<goes away to hit F5>.
    Does anyone know if the german people are getting refunded for early adopters

Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Since it's these people who seem to be stopping me from getting mine, I wouldn't be nearly so mad if they were saying "Let's check out this WebOS thing", but it's more "I'll sit on it until I can get that WebOS muck off it and put android on".

Sorry to keep banging on about it, but the first time loads of people are going to be exposed to WebOS and 90% of them have already decided it's rubbish. I've been evangelising the platform for ages and even now that friends are finally thinking about getting one for the price I'm *still* being told I don't know what I'm talking about as, apparently, android rocks. [head in hands]
    To be honest, I think that once the dust settles, there will be an absolute glut of them on eBay. It might take a month or two but there's going to be a whole raft of opportunists who've picked up more than 1 thinking they can make a quick buck, plus there will be people who buy them then have no idea what to do with them. Those thinking they can make money will have a rude awakening IMHO, as there will be far too many devices flooding eBay for that to happen - 10-20 quid markup tops.

We may not all get in at the firesale price but let's just say we'll all get on at a ridiculously low price one way or another.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    To be honest, I think that once the dust settles, there will be an absolute glut of them on eBay. It might take a month or two but there's going to be a whole raft of opportunists who've picked up more than 1 thinking they can make a quick buck, plus there will be people who buy them then have no idea what to do with them. Those thinking they can make money will have a rude awakening IMHO, as there will be far too many devices flooding eBay for that to happen - 10-20 quid markup tops.

We may not all get in at the firesale price but let's just say we'll all get on at a ridiculously low price one way or another.
    God yeah, I would say there is a window of about a week for anyone who want to make money on ebay selling those.
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonwales View Post
    Try clicking on the "buy now" button. Nothing goes in your cart and a red "item not found".
    Try clicking on the "buy now" button. Nothing goes in your cart and a red "item not found".
    It's been like that for a couple of days.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Palm Euro Store lets you add to basket . Still £349 though

HP TouchPad 16GB WiFi - Palm Accessories
    Palm History:

Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    God yeah, I would say there is a window of about a week for anyone who want to make money on ebay selling those.
    Yep about a week only,i agree i would really like to see them in the hands of people who will help spread the word of webs but aim not that hopeful of this happening to be honest.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    would resellers like pcworld and comet actually update their prices online if all stock has been reserved/bought?
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Yes because they know people will come into the stores trying to find one and then they can try and sell them something else.

You're probably right, although I prefer not to be heading into ebay as I've had my fingers burnt there more than once.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Looks like the 2.00pm timescale was a hoax
    Palm History:

no price drop and its past 2.
    I suspect it's simply starting to buckle as word spreads and the "thrifty" keep hiting f5.

<goes away to hit F5>.
    Sorry, did I hear that HP wanted to reposition itself as an enterprise services company with high availability servers and the suchlike...?
    we always get shafted compared to everyone else. rip off hp, rip off britain!
    Just phoned HP UK & they told me that the Touchpad has been de-activated on their system, so they can not sell it at the moment.

They did tell me that updates will be via the website, it is just a waiting game.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    2pm = £349

<goes away to hit F5>.
    Someone's optimistic about how many webOS fans there are out there! Hundred people, top whack, will currently be on that page hoping for a discount
Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast