Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Staples just created another item-number for touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulltii View Post
    if i wanted a pre 3 do you think it would be best to order from germany right now?
    Not unless you want a QUERTZ keyboard.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Do you know guys where I can find pre 3? In which stores?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Around £80 for a touchpad, much more and it's too much for a dead platform - especially as I have plenty of web enabled devices. Not interested in a pre 3 at any price.
    I was going to buy the pre 3 at full price, so awesome this sale is going to happen for me!
    From comet...

Nothing as of yet but they expect a price drop within the next few days.
    If you buy no they will not refund the difference.
    If you reserve now, they will honour that until they close tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John21 View Post
    Post from that HotUKDeals thread.

'Just had another call from Comet and they confirm that pricing will change BUT only from tomorrow!'
    This post from the last page rings a bell

Quote Originally Posted by CGK
    Someone on IRC said that someone from his local comet store phoned him to "check" that he's reserved the right product and was he sure he wasn't looking for a different tablet instead. I guess the staff want in on the action as well.
    Around £80 for a touchpad, much more and it's too much for a dead platform - especially as I have plenty of web enabled devices. Not interested in a pre 3 at any price.
    tbh I am more interested in the pre3...I have a pre2 and I doubt its getting 2.2 any time soon. Would be nice to be able to use touch to share. Also an autofocous camera has been lacking from my phone for 2 years now.

(I managed to get 2 American touchpads for 100 dollars each, I think even with the import cost it will work out cheaper then the UK price)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Argos now only showing 'Order in store for collection' on ALL my local Argos Shops. Either a lot of people have reserved them, or Something is up with Argos
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    You can get them sim free from loads of places online in UK

box.co.uk: [url= Free HP Palm Pre 3[/url]

hp Palm store: [url]

handtec.co.uk: [url= HP Pre 3 Smartphone (SIM Free/Unlocked, Black) Reviews[/url]
    Got mine day before HP news from eurostore for £299 (+6 DHL del). Not got yet as was not home when they came Friday, re-del today. Will see if get refund if price drops but planning to keep & use it as I love webOS & more than happy with current state.
    Price drop in Ireland apparently....

http://www.harveynorman.ie/catalogse...uchpad&x=0&y=0

(I can't get on the link)
    It's NOT a dead platform. WebOS will be picked up by someone and perhaps multiple someones, mark my words.

HP is trying to transform itself into a software/service company, even if in a completely bungled way, and WebOS still fits in with this strategy. Google and Microsoft's cosy arrangements with certain manufacturers will have those companies left out in the cold looking for a third way. Providing HP doesn't **** that up and all.

I was about to say you can't **** away $1.2 billion, although I wonder what HP's stock will look like when the dow opens in a couple of hours....
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    tbh I am more interested in the pre3...I have a pre2 and I doubt its getting 2.2 any time soon. Would be nice to be able to use touch to share. Also an autofocous camera has been lacking from my phone for 2 years now.

(I managed to get 2 American touchpads for 100 dollars each, I think even with the import cost it will work out cheaper then the UK price)
    was tempted too but am worried about likely custom duty & charges. Paid over £60 for something similar price before
    The UK Touchpad page seems to be back up, but with the products listed at the full prices:

HP TouchPad | Tablet PC | HP® Official Site

Adding them to the cart gives an "Item not found" error.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Carphonewarehouse site is back up, still £349
    Palm History:

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonwales View Post
    Argos now only showing 'Order in store for collection' on ALL my local Argos Shops. Either a lot of people have reserved them, or Something is up with Argos
    I reserved on argos too, and the text message gives me the reservation number and they say they'll 'give me a text when the item arrives back instore'

Not sure what thats supposed to mean judging by the current circumstances
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    HP Pre3 from £[Price] on Pay as you go - The Carphone Warehouse
    Pre3 On Carphone Warehouse no longer showing a price
    Palm History:

16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,496 Global Posts
    It means "never" I would guess - I would think a lot of people did what I did and reserved them in every store that they could get to.
    box.co.uk Also said HP were not going reduce the Pre3 to less than £299.98. We'll see.
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,496 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget_heaven View Post
    box.co.uk Also said HP were not going reduce the Pre3 to less than £299.98. We'll see.
    They are smoking crack - it's down to £65 in Germany.
    ashame its one of the nicest phones i've used and i'm coming from a Galaxy S2!
    I got a response from Argos and HP and i doubt i'll ever see a refund on my 16Gb touchpad. I hope to get some for my family in the firesale to get a kind of rebate out of HP.