Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45505152535455
Results 1,081 to 1,092 of 1092
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sipart View Post
    Thought I would share my tale of woe!

So I call them for more info and it seems the package has gone missing in transit!

I press them on the situation about refund if I did have one and they say Amazon has never sold any at 89 - the listing of them at 89 was a mistake and everyone who ordered one at 89 got a cancellation.

Phewww what a mess!
    Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh - my 312 ordered TP wnet missing in transit and now I get a mail from Amzon offering me a partial refund via HP!!!!!!!!!! I am just plain unlucky!!!

Hello,

We're writing to you about your Amazon.co.uk order for the following:

HP TouchPad 9.7 inch Tablet PC (16GB, Glossy Black) - UK Version

We've been advised that you may be entitled to a partial refund from HP, as detailed at the HP website below, on the HP Touchpad you bought from Amazon.co.uk.

To apply for a partial refund please register at the HP website detailed below. You'll need to have to hand: the product serial number, your invoice (scanned into pdf, jpg, gif or png format), your address and the details of the bank account to which you'd like the refund sent.

We're advised that there's a time limit of 5 minutes to complete the form so please make sure you have these details ready.

1. Go to HP Promotions and click on "continue".

2. Enter the serial number of your Touchpad and follow the instructions on subsequent pages.

You have until 1 October 2011 to submit your refund request.

If you have any questions or have difficulty with the website, please contact HP directly on 0845 270 4142.

We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,

But reading the HP T&C's the refund doesn't cover me anyway as I could not have registered it before the 23rd Aug as I only bought it on the 22nd Aug!

Subject to the remainder of these terms and conditions customers can claim the compensation amount on the qualifying HP products illustrated in the table below (the “Qualifying HP Products”) if their net purchasing price was higher than the HP defined minimum price level also illustrated in the table below and they have been activated/registrated within their webOS account before 23rd of August 2011.

Qualifying HP Product HP Product Number Compensation (GBP)
    HP TouchPad 16GB, WIFI FB405UA Difference between your net purchasing price and 89
    HP TouchPad 32GB, WIFI FB368UA Difference between your net purchasing price and 115
    HP TouchPad 64GB, WIFI FB425UA Difference between your net purchasing price and 159
    HP Pre3 FB437AA#ABU Difference between your net purchasing price and 69

Good news for early adopters though :-)
    But reading the HP T&C's the refund doesn't cover me anyway as I could not have registered it before the 23rd Aug as I only bought it on the 22nd Aug!
    Thats the point, many don't qualify as this was the time a lot of suppliers were going to HP to ask what to do ...

I believe HP know this and have crafted the T&C's around that.

The sooner HP sell webos to samsung or someone else, the better for me.
    I also bought on 22nd, received it a few days later but I have not opened the box or activated it, so I think im screwed too--- seems rediculous, doesnt it?

edit: according to the HP number I called, its not about the activation date but about the date on the receipt. I guess I can try it anyway..
    Last edited by unruled; 09/02/2011 at 06:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unruled View Post
    I also bought on 22nd, received it a few days later but I have not opened the box or activated it, so I think im screwed too--- seems rediculous, doesnt it?

edit: according to the HP number I called, its not about the activation date but about the date on the receipt. I guess I can try it anyway..
    Let us know how you get on......I'm still hoping my touchpad will appear one day....!!
    ive contacted HP customer service, sent them a photo of my amazon receipt. il post again when i hear back from them.
    According to HP their will be no more touchpads coming to the UK.
    Just so you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by andytvcams View Post
    According to HP their will be no more touchpads coming to the UK.
    Just so you know.
    disappointing but hardly surprising
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    got mine, decided to try a pre-order from comet as they had sold out in stores... a week later they had got them in stock from the warehouse... not a bad bit of kit for the price (have the 32GB version).
    Touchstone and keyboard for 75.
    link

Its the best price for the pair I think, I haven't bought it. Not sure I really need the keyboard.
    stickerboy likes this.
    HP is finally refunding me the price difference, after jumping through many hoops. within 45 days, but it will get there eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    Touchstone and keyboard for 75.
    link

Its the best price for the pair I think, I haven't bought it. Not sure I really need the keyboard.
    Just bought 2 of these bundles. Had tried to get a touchstone from Argos (only 35), but were sold out by the time I had cash to buy. Should have them by Friday hopefully
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    HP Pre3 FB437AA#ABU Difference between your net purchasing price and 69

Good news for early adopters though :-)
    Sorry to hear your woe! Indeed it should be good news for early adopters like myself - I got my TouchPad refund from JL hoping that HP will provide me with Pre3 price difference refund also! (of course proportions of the refund will go on apps and donations to the webOS community as with the TP).
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)