Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44449505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1092
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    My 199 Touchpad from Cleverboxes is on its way. Mixed emotions...
    They are currently selling 8 64GB pads on their eBay store at 299!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    ^
    I know but i'm already (in my opinion) over budget at 199 mostly because i didn't really even want a TP in the first instance...just an impulse purchase. I only ever wanted a Pre3 which i'm glad i got.
    Last edited by kanaka; 09/01/2011 at 04:26 AM.
    I dont think I would buy one unless its sub 120 for the 16gb, and sub 160 for the 32gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I dont think I would buy one unless its sub 120 for the 16gb, and sub 160 for the 32gb.
    I know what you mean, but the crazy thing is, you can't get any other tablet thats as good for 199!

As HP is giving a warranty its not bad.

For me I'm just bitter that companies and ebayers are taking advantage of the situation, which I blame HP for directly.

HP should have contacted devs first, then existing users from their profiles, then new users signing a waiver not to sell on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    I know what you mean, but the crazy thing is, you can't get any other tablet thats as good for 199!

For me I'm just bitter that companies and ebayers are taking advantage of the situation, which I blame HP for directly.

HP should have contacted devs first, then existing users from their profiles, then new users signing a waiver not to sell on ebay.
    i agree, it would have been a nice "putting things right" for us.
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post

indeed..I have contacted Chuq on the dev forums to see if the some of the new batch can be put aside for devs to purchase first.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Problem is, it is impossible to find any at that price. Unless you wait for the second batch from HP which i doubt will be sold at 89/115 again and/or won't be bought up by their employees again. Even at 199 it is still the best bang for buck tablet out there...as much as i hate to admit it.
    Last edited by kanaka; 09/01/2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Curse you HP and HP UK!!!

I bought a launch day Pre -
    I paid something like 50 for a Touchstone. Can't believe that didn't include a PSU.
    Paid 20 for a Touchstone back.
    About 2 months later O2 started selling the lot as a bundle for less than I paid for the Phone.
    I then bought a unlocked Pre 2. Even though I knew the Pre 3 was coming. I even lost some of the special deal European freeapps(the one good thing you did for us EU peeps) such as NFS and SIMS3 in the process as you'd removed them from the catalog. Oh well, SIMS was cr'p and i'd completed NFS.
    I've bought plenty of Apps and you've had your 30% cut of that.
    I even stayed up late to hear Leo announce the death of webOS devices.
    I sat here enviously watching the US firesale, hoping you would not forget your global scale and repeat it in the UK.
    I even defended you in the Forums by suggesting that HP UK was taking it's time to do it right and not cause the same chaos as you induced in the UK.
    When details of the UK firesale came out, I made sure I was home early to be first in the cue with HP Direct/Dixons and a number of other retailers.
    Then you systematically crashed every UK retailers website. I tried heroically to buy a Touchpad. I even got halfway through the checkout process with Comet, Staples, PC World, Argos and CarPhoneWarehouse. I failed every time.
    I took a step back and ordered a TP and Pre3 for full price from Clove. Yet you cut them off.

Did my loyalty count for nothing?

I've given in an ordered a 16GB TouchPad from a US ebay seller. 185 in P+P. But I wont be purchasing any HP PC's, Laptops or Printers for many years to come, and let's hope I'm not reviewing and enterprise bids from you.
    I'm a huge fan of webOS and have been since I have heard of it, and I have signed up as a developer and started to learn coding since Enyo early access have been out. However, hearing that webOS hardware is dead I'm sad and seeing how TouchPad would be the only hardware for awhile, I wanna get my hands on one and waiting for the firesale in Singapore (where I live). However, SG has decided to sell in the TouchPad in the largest computer hardware fair.

After the first day, and a huge crowd HP Singapore decided to sell it packaged with their laptops. As a student, I cannot afford both so now sad and feeling disappointed I was wondering if there is another way in which I could get my TouchPad? Anyone have any ideas??
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    Update, there was a company selling 5 on ebay today for 180 + 8 p&p.
    I missed out. The ones that sell are under 200 shipped on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    My 199 Touchpad from Cleverboxes is on its way. Mixed emotions...
    I think it was them who sold the 188's yesterday.
    Thought I would share my tale of woe!

As many before I tired to buy from Dixons/Currys etc when firesale went live - no chance.

I checked Amazon and they still had high priced ones (312) so thought I would take the risk and buy high hoping Amazon/HP would agree to refund the difference.

When Amazon did fire sale at 89 I ordered one but subsequently Amazon cancelled that order - no stock.

So started the process of comms with Amazon about refunding - unlike others and speaking to different agents (via phone and online chat) I didn't get a definite no - said they were investigating.

A few days move on and the item has been dispatched and winging it's way to me.

It gets to the 25th and to Derby and online tracking says "Possible delay in delivery due to extra carrier processing"

So I start the comms with Amazon again - so have two queries. Eventually I get an email telling me the package delivery has "gone awry" and they are refunding me as no stock to send another.

So I call them for more info and it seems the package has gone missing in transit!

I press them on the situation about refund if I did have one and they say Amazon has never sold any at 89 - the listing of them at 89 was a mistake and everyone who ordered one at 89 got a cancellation.

Phewww what a mess!

P.S - my pre order Pre 3 at 299 never came through either (but I could not afford 299 so no great loss). My dreams of finally have a webos device is gone - perhaps one day ebuyer will reduce the Pre 2's they have from 144 to something a bit cheaper ;-)

Date Time Location Event Details
    25 Aug 2011 09:11:00 AM Derby GB Possible delay in delivery due to extra carrier processing
    25 Aug 2011 06:28:00 AM Sheffield GB Out for delivery
    25 Aug 2011 04:13:00 AM Sheffield GB Arrival Scan
    24 Aug 2011 07:37:00 PM Sheffield GB Departure Scan
    24 Aug 2011 08:01:00 AM Nuneaton GB Departure Scan
    24 Aug 2011 08:00:00 AM Nuneaton GB Shipment received by carrier
    23 Aug 2011 06:52:18 PM Amazon Distribution Center GB Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit
    Can anyone tell me, are there any touchpads in London markets. My friend is in the UK now and I wonder if I should ask her to look 4 some
    USA: 1 - Rest of world: 0

No new HP TouchPads for UK - PC Advisor

My published and impending WebOS apps -
    If you were keeping an accurate webOS score the USA would be miles ahead.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    If you were keeping an accurate webOS score the USA would be miles ahead.
    Too true
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    TP just arrived and i just keep staring at the package. Now that i know no new TPs are coming to the UK i think i'm just gonna suck it up and use it. 199 isn't a bad deal in the grand scheme. At least i didn't pay 399 for it only to be shafted by HP because i purchased at a date later than 23rd Aug

That would just be outright egregious.
    This has been on the front page of Ebay all day, it's 50 cheaper than a 16gb TP... no thankyou.

This is a 99 tablet.

Hannspree Hannspad Tablet, ARM A9 DC+Tegra II T20 1GHZ
    ARM A9 DC + Tegra II T20 1GHz
    512MB RAM
    512MB + 16GB Flash
    10.1" Touch LED
    Android 2.2

Linky
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I don't even recognize the manufacturer. On top of that it's not even running Honeycomb or even Gingerbread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    This has been on the front page of Ebay all day, it's 50 cheaper than a 16gb TP... no thankyou.

This is a 99 tablet.

Hannspree Hannspad Tablet, ARM A9 DC+Tegra II T20 1GHZ
    ARM A9 DC + Tegra II T20 1GHz
    512MB RAM
    512MB + 16GB Flash
    10.1" Touch LED
    Android 2.2

Linky
    An android tablet is useless unless it has honeycomb on it. I mean if you want a mobile phone os on a big screen get an ipad
    Aston Martin likes this.
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Hannspree make a lot of cheap LCD tvs. That said, if you do want a cheap tablet then this:

Lenovo announces IdeaPad A1, the $199 Android tablet, we go hands-on (video) -- Engadget

Is actually pretty decent. If HP (or someone else) do resurrect the TP, they're going to be pushed on price now from the outset.