Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4146474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1092
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Comet phoned me today to say that they're not going to be able to honour my 32 GB TouchPad purchase. No more stock from HP. Bugger.

Anyone else get burned?

Andrew
    Luckily everything I have ordered has already arrived. I appear to be in the minority though, unfortunately.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Mine is due to be shipped today, they only have to travel 5500 miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    I find it so strange that HP just decided to ditch it all and sell so cheap, they could have easily afforded to keep the price a little higher for a small while.
    I find it crazy that I can visit websites and see on their home page "HP Update- We have no more stock of the TouchPad or Pre 3". It's mental!
    They're taking up space on their main page, so demand must have been extraordinarily high- It does beg the question; "Why didn't HP just sell the hardware a bit cheaper to get into the game?"
    This is probably the largest price cut of a desirable piece of consumer electronics ever!

HP could have just cut the price by 150 down to 250 and they would still have sold like hot cakes.
    That's the point I was trying to make Cyril, why not drop the price to 250 and sell some at that price. Then if it was necessary to get rid of the rest in a fire sale, so be it!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I ended up buying one off eBay for 180, and I also bought the keyboard and the touchstone dock. Really pleased with my purchase, would have paid 250 - 300 for it easily. It's kinda annoying knowing the person I bought it off got it for 89, but it is worth more than I paid for it, so I am happy.

Still looking for the official case if anyone knows where to get hold of one, but I urge you to keep looking, it is a really nice device!
    That's the point I was trying to make Cyril, why not drop the price to 250 and sell some at that price. Then if it was necessary to get rid of the rest in a fire sale, so be it!
    coz HP, like many other decisions they have made, makes stupid decisions?
    the eurostore store states that they'll no stock any tp and the pre 3 hasn't be reduced yet,i wonder who make these decisions...licensing webOS is the least of they worries as they never owned any patents as palmsource is coming back to life
    Possibly because HP wanted out of this market as quickly as possible; there are all kinds of internal costs in stocking and selling a product and the quicker you can get out the cheaper it will be.

They would certainly have sold SOME at 250 but it would have taken longer to get rid of the stock.
    Mine's apparently out for delivery today by DHL - 32GB from PCWorld UK ordered on Tuesday 115.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maracuja View Post
    the eurostore store states that they'll no stock any tp and the pre 3 hasn't be reduced yet,i wonder who make these decisions...licensing webOS is the least of they worries as they never owned any patents as palmsource is coming back to life
    Got this email from store after I enquired about my Pre3 ordered day before 'news'

"Please see the updates on the Palm Eurostore website. There is no price
    reduction available to teh Palm Eurostore."
    Cleverboxes ebay shop have both 16gb & 32gb models available. 199 & 229 inc VAT & delivery. UK Addresses only.

I bought a Pre 3 from them, arrived next day.

HP TouchPad Tablet 32Gb - UK STOCK **FREE DELIVERY** | eBay

HP TouchPad Tablet 16Gb - UK STOCK **FREE DELIVERY** | eBay
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Just a FYI to anyone who bought from the US and is having their TouchPad shipped over to the UK.

My friend sent the package via first class international mail (priority mail) and it cost $29.90. 6-10 days I should expect it.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    I don't know if it has mentioned before but I just stumbled upon this
    HP webOS, Touchpad, Veer, Pre3
    There is a huge bold white letter announcement in the front page saying
    Attention,
    these products are no longer available at HP UK!

That's Weird :/
    Are they shipping them to US?
  15. 27
    It looks like Argos currently have the 32GB model available for delivery only.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Edit: I now see 'em on Argos!
    Last edited by iWannaBeAdored; 08/27/2011 at 07:46 PM.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    It looks like Argos currently have the 32GB model available for delivery only.
    Interesting, but I don't think it's genuine stock. More of a mistake. Nevertheless, tried to order and got this:

Thanks for placing your order.

Unfortunately, we can't confirm your order at the moment but we'll send you an email shortly (this may take a couple of hours during busy periods).
  18. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by iWannaBeAdored View Post
    Gone from Argos!
    No.
    Still there.
    Is anyone here looking to purchase a 16G TouchPad? I have a couple of extra ones. PM me with your offer and I will sell to the highest offer ending 36 hours from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post
    Cleverboxes ebay shop have both 16gb & 32gb models available. 199 & 229 inc VAT & delivery. UK Addresses only.
    I ordered mine from mobicity.com.au (I live in NZ), they have 500 x 16gb and 200 x 32gb coming for shipping apparently on the 1st of September.

Got my 16gb one for 164 including shipping (I believe they ship from Hong Kong). I'm not sure if they ship internationally by default but someone asked on their twitter if they'd ship to spain and they confirmed they ship internationally. Just another option, it's still an amazing tablet for even the price they are asking.