Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1092
Like Tree55Likes
    Someone just put this link up in a different forum. It looks real to me BUT Can someone smarter than me please CONFIRM that it is?

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB (FB405UA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products
    Quote Originally Posted by sipart View Post
    That says 30th Sept not 30th Aug ;-) - so we have plenty of time to return for a full refund. The 7 day cool off period is EU law. The date Amazon states is their policy.

So it all adds up to a good bit of time to hold the goods (unopened) to negotiate with Amazon/HP.

I have also contacted my credit card provider (Amazon(!) CC operated by Bank of America) in case they have any policy's which we mean their insurance would refund the difference (similar to section 75 T&C's when a business goes into liquidation) - if you don't ask and try you don't know
    I must have been asleep! thanks for pointing that out
    cmon HP...
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    Someone just put this link up in a different forum. It looks real to me BUT Can someone smarter than me please CONFIRM that it is?

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB (FB405UA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products
    looks real
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    hmm how to confirm we will get the discount, need to find a phone number
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post

Looks like it's an old orphaned page. The add to basket button wont work anyway, so it's not much good.
    Apparantly, HP will only refund the money only if purchased before the 22nd or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Looks like it's an old orphaned page. The add to basket button wont work anyway, so it's not much good.
    It added to my basket fine.

People on another forum saying HP have said it shouldn't be there and orders will be cancelled. Seems likely as they are cancelling EPP orders.
    i've got it in my basket, and am nearly through checkout. Trying to get hold of HP and ask if I will get the discount.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Had a chat with a person from HP and she said we shouldn't be able to order touchpads from the site at all. I asked her what would happen if I ordered she said it would more than likely just be cancelled straight away.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Your're right, Just my page not refreshing properly. Let me know if you have success on the discount.
    Im not going for it. I reckon it's a waste of time and I should have one from CPW... but good luck to those who try
    While i was on the phone my payment session timed out, so I tried again. As soon as I clicked the checkout button again I got Item not found error. So it looks like they have stopped that.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    i'll just wait 3 weeks for the prices on ebay to drop, theres bound to a bunch of idiots sitting around with 5 touchpads and no one willing to pay 250 quid when they were going for under 120.
    I guess this techradar article was way off the mark: HP promises more cheap TouchPad stock | News | TechRadar UK
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    i'll just wait 3 weeks for the prices on ebay to drop, theres bound to a bunch of idiots sitting around with 5 touchpads and no one willing to pay 250 quid when they were going for under 120.
    I guess this techradar article was way off the mark: HP promises more cheap TouchPad stock | News | TechRadar UK
    That's my backup plan too. I've still got an outstanding order with Clove for a Pre3(really want one now), but they're not confident that they will get the stock .

The techradar source is from the US, so I don't think it applies to the UK.
  15. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    While i was on the phone my payment session timed out, so I tried again. As soon as I clicked the checkout button again I got Item not found error. So it looks like they have stopped that.
    Looks like it's working again.
    I would love to get a cut price pre3, palm eurostore said they will be trying to get more:

"We, at Palm Eurostore, are continuing to pursue all options to try to obtain Pre3 product. We do not, however, expect to have any further information in this respect before Wed 31st Aug. Any new information will appear here first."

But im not very hopeful of that happening, especially if HP UK aint selling them.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Well if its any consolation, they have also messed it all up for employees as well.

A batch was offered to employees on the staff shop website, which promptly crashed.

Some of us got through, placed an order, got a confirmation later on, got a credit card confirmation later in the day. Then saw our order change to "Backorder" yesterday and then cancelled today!.

I cannot understand how a system that says there are "X" in stock manages to sell "X + Y" units, surely it can subtract one number from another as orders are presented!

P.S any one want to sell me one
    Quote Originally Posted by ballast View Post
    Well if its any consolation, they have also messed it all up for employees as well.

A batch was offered to employees on the staff shop website, which promptly crashed.

Some of us got through, placed an order, got a confirmation later on, got a credit card confirmation later in the day. Then saw our order change to "Backorder" yesterday and then cancelled today!.

I cannot understand how a system that says there are "X" in stock manages to sell "X + Y" units, surely it can subtract one number from another as orders are presented!

P.S any one want to sell me one
    Oh dear.

I wonder how many TouchPad units were shipped to the UK. If they have sold out this quickly they can't have shipped that many to uk retailers.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    anyone know if my Pre3 bought day before HP news will receive a refund in any firesale (has this been confirmed for UK?)
    I find it so strange that HP just decided to ditch it all and sell so cheap, they could have easily afforded to keep the price a little higher for a small while.
    I find it crazy that I can visit websites and see on their home page "HP Update- We have no more stock of the TouchPad or Pre 3". It's mental!
    They're taking up space on their main page, so demand must have been extraordinarily high- It does beg the question; "Why didn't HP just sell the hardware a bit cheaper to get into the game?"