Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    marketplace forum?
    http://forums.precentral.net/marketplace/
    Quote Originally Posted by unruled View Post
    1. I got my package-- but Im afraid to open cuz then I wont be able to return it anymore for full refund.

2. called Webos services, guy said amazon was a PITA in the US for refunds; so most likely refunds will go through HP directly; how/when/ not known, he said stay tuned for next week.. which has me worried cuz return policy is pretty short on amazon :S
    I expect mine to be at home when I get home from work. I have called Amazon this time (rather than via online chat) and again I was put on hold for a good few minutes and they said Amazon were still investigating the price difference - no definite no. So I have either been unlucky to get two advisers that don't want to commit to telling me the worst or they are really considering giving us early buyers a refund (I bought mine on the 22nd as well)? Need them to make a decision soon though as distant selling rules only allow 7 days from delivery to return for a full refund.
    Could you please post the direct link one you have made the announcement.
    Thank you very much

Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by sipart View Post
    I expect mine to be at home when I get home from work. I have called Amazon this time (rather than via online chat) and again I was put on hold for a good few minutes and they said Amazon were still investigating the price difference - no definite no. So I have either been unlucky to get two advisers that don't want to commit to telling me the worst or they are really considering giving us early buyers a refund (I bought mine on the 22nd as well)? Need them to make a decision soon though as distant selling rules only allow 7 days from delivery to return for a full refund.
    Yeah, I believe the item has to be returned via shipping on the 30th for a full refund (purchases made on 22nd) - not much time considering there is a weekend in between.

I talked to amazon 4 times; 1st time they said they weren't sure what to do yet in terms of a general policy ,the 3 others said pricematch is not an option. Maybe you were more lucky.

Please do keep me posted about your experience.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    DSA is return within 7 days starting the day after it was delivered, so we've got a little bit more time.

Just got of the phone with A-z again, talking to a guy called Sergio who said that a mass email from HP was sent out (as far as they know) regarding all the cancellations. Again was told that they're still investigating what's going on wrt. a refund of pre-firesalers to fire sale prices. Was told to call tomorrow when they'll have more information - same thing I was told yesterday... *sigh*
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Just a note that if you want in on my "auction", then you've got 5 mins or so!

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...uchpad-uk.html
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    My one is now sold.

And just in passing, I was really surprised by the lack of interest. I had only 5 messages, and a couple of those were just general queries as to whether I'd be willing to take a trade instead and a request as to whether I could please drop the price. Admittedly I was selling for a little more than fire sale levels, but a couple of weeks ago people would have torn my arm off for a 200 32GB touchpad.

Ah well, I have a happy buyer and it's off to a good home.
    Europe.palm store:

HP TouchPad 16GB WiFi - Palm Accessories

STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE
    OUT OF STOCK!

Update Thur 25th 10pm :
    This product is no longer available for sale. We do not expect this position to change.
    Customers who had already placed an order with Palm Eurostore have been sent an email communication in relation to their order.

Dear Palm Eurostore customer,

We regret to have to inform you that Palm Eurostore will NOT now be in a position to fulfill orders that have been received for the HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi ( Part Number: FB405UA#ABB ) or the HP TouchPad 32Gb WiFi ( Part Number: FB368UA#ABB ).

You will probably be well aware of the very high level of interest and demand for these products in Europe in light of what had transpired in the US where significant price reductions had taken place. We know a lot of you may also have placed orders in the expectation that a similar price reduction would have been announced in Europe. In good faith, and after communication with HP, we at the Palm Eurostore allowed pre-orders to be taken for these products at the standard price. We fully intended and expected to be able to fulfill these orders and if a price reduction were to be announced then we would have applied that new price to the orders.

A decision, wholly outside of our control, has been made which meant that this expectation will not now be met. This decision means that we can no longer obtain any inventory of these products. Therefore, regretfully, we have no alternative but to cancel your order for these products and to process a full and complete refund of your money ( for those orders where the funds have already been deducted ). You will receive an email directly when the cancellation takes place – we expect to have all orders cancelled before close of business Fri 26th August. Please note that your bank or card issuing bank may take up to several days to show this refund on your account or statement.

We offer you our sincerest apologies for what has happened and can only ask for your understanding of our actions in a confusing and evolving situation. Again I wish to re-iterate that we acted in good faith and tried everything we could to try to secure inventory for these orders – but to no avail.

Should there be any new developments in relation to these products becoming available – and we have no information to suggest that will happen - we will contact you directly and try to ensure you are given priority or special consideration in some way to obtain these.

Yours sincerely, Palm Eurostore, Customer Support Team

Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page. Thank you for your patience.

No further update is expected on this item.

It's over
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Well thats it for me. I tried, all my orders got cancelled and Eurostore is now no longer selling (HP direct are also listed as sold out) which means the Touchpad and i were just never meant to be and that fine. I was more interested in the Pre3 anyway.
    Last edited by kanaka; 08/25/2011 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuralCord View Post
    DSA is return within 7 days starting the day after it was delivered, so we've got a little bit more time.
    Isn't it also 7 working days, so weekend doesn't count, but it is 7 whole working days (so starting from the day after you get it), and it has to be back with them by that 7th day. So if you leave it until the 6th day you must use a next day service to send it back.

But check your confirmation e-mail from Amazon, it is at the buttom of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    Isn't it also 7 working days, so weekend doesn't count, but it is 7 whole working days (so starting from the day after you get it), and it has to be back with them by that 7th day. So if you leave it until the 6th day you must use a next day service to send it back.

But check your confirmation e-mail from Amazon, it is at the buttom of that.
    the email states 7 working days (do bank holidays count under that?)

however in amazon my account it says
    Item(s) shipped on 23 Aug 2011 < Return window will close on 30 Sep 2011 (What's this?) >
    a little bit conflicting, they are counting 7 days irrespective of receiving date and working days.

****ing Hp or amazon. I dont wanna send it back ugh.im gonna try HP again today.
    Yeah, that's it for me as well now, maybe see you guys around
    Bye
    Quote Originally Posted by unruled View Post
    the email states 7 working days (do bank holidays count under that?)

however in amazon my account it says
    Item(s) shipped on 23 Aug 2011 < Return window will close on 30 Sep 2011 (What's this?) >
    a little bit conflicting, they are counting 7 days irrespective of receiving date and working days.

****ing Hp or amazon. I dont wanna send it back ugh.im gonna try HP again today.
    That says 30th Sept not 30th Aug ;-) - so we have plenty of time to return for a full refund. The 7 day cool off period is EU law. The date Amazon states is their policy.

So it all adds up to a good bit of time to hold the goods (unopened) to negotiate with Amazon/HP.

I have also contacted my credit card provider (Amazon(!) CC operated by Bank of America) in case they have any policy's which we mean their insurance would refund the difference (similar to section 75 T&C's when a business goes into liquidation) - if you don't ask and try you don't know
    Latest message from HP UK website:
    All orders cancelled. Goodbye and thanks for the fish. ;-)
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    The prices have been reduced on the HP website, but it still says: "Currently may not be available direct from HP"
    Quote Originally Posted by anc96 View Post
    The prices have been reduced on the HP website, but it still says: "Currently may not be available direct from HP"
    Hopefully HP are gathering togther all the returned stock, and are going to ship it directly from HP website.

On the other hand they could be gathering all the stock ready for recycling. But why change the website prices then
    Last edited by wshekyls; 08/26/2011 at 05:13 AM.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Hopefully HP are gathering togther all the returned stock, and are going to ship it directly from HP website.

On the other hand they could be gathering all the stick ready for recycling. But why change the website prices then
    On the website the message is clear: All cancelled, All gone, No more shipping.
    Thought of the day :
    where is that message?
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    where is that message?
    https://eurostore.palm.com/epages/St...HP-FB405UA-ABB

STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE
    OUT OF STOCK!

Update Thur 25th 10pm :
    This product is no longer available for sale. We do not expect this position to change.
    Customers who had already placed an order with Palm Eurostore have been sent an email communication in relation to their order.

Dear Palm Eurostore customer,

We regret to have to inform you that Palm Eurostore will NOT now be in a position to fulfill orders that have been received for the HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi ( Part Number: FB405UA#ABB ) or the HP TouchPad 32Gb WiFi ( Part Number: FB368UA#ABB ).

You will probably be well aware of the very high level of interest and demand for these products in Europe in light of what had transpired in the US where significant price reductions had taken place. We know a lot of you may also have placed orders in the expectation that a similar price reduction would have been announced in Europe. In good faith, and after communication with HP, we at the Palm Eurostore allowed pre-orders to be taken for these products at the standard price. We fully intended and expected to be able to fulfill these orders and if a price reduction were to be announced then we would have applied that new price to the orders.

A decision, wholly outside of our control, has been made which meant that this expectation will not now be met. This decision means that we can no longer obtain any inventory of these products. Therefore, regretfully, we have no alternative but to cancel your order for these products and to process a full and complete refund of your money ( for those orders where the funds have already been deducted ). You will receive an email directly when the cancellation takes place we expect to have all orders cancelled before close of business Fri 26th August. Please note that your bank or card issuing bank may take up to several days to show this refund on your account or statement.

We offer you our sincerest apologies for what has happened and can only ask for your understanding of our actions in a confusing and evolving situation. Again I wish to re-iterate that we acted in good faith and tried everything we could to try to secure inventory for these orders but to no avail.

Should there be any new developments in relation to these products becoming available and we have no information to suggest that will happen - we will contact you directly and try to ensure you are given priority or special consideration in some way to obtain these.

Yours sincerely, Palm Eurostore, Customer Support Team

Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page. Thank you for your patience.

No further update is expected on this item.
    Thought of the day :